Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:41   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
...It is about time that the Govt of India makes it mandatory that all passenger cars produced and sold from say 2013 Jan or so, should have ABS, Airbags (atleast in front) and if possible, stuff like ESP etc. About time, we start taking safety seriously, given the higher speeds that we are all hurtling about at, nowadays!...
Agree with you!
The days is not too far.
GoI is evaluating a rule under CMVR to limit the top speed of the vehicles manufactured in India.
As this is a part of CMVR, no one(manufacturer) can violate the rule ie the said car produced by the company should not cross the speed limit and if its likely to cross the homologation for the car can be withdrawn and production can be seized!
Similarly this should happen for ABS also.
I remember driving export Santro's which does'nt have power windows but has a ABS
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:40   #377
BHPian

Received an SMS from Ford today saying that the Ford Ecosport will be displayed in EA mall chennai from 4th to 6th Feb. Come and explore it in full glory. Earlier I made an enquiry for New Fiesta and hence my name was in their records. I would have been excited if diesel option was present.
Old 4th February 2012, 13:38   #378
BHPian

^^ Yes - got an official email too. Plus you can drive it virtually. So that should be exciting.
Old 4th February 2012, 20:15   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
India will be the first country to get the Ecosport. It will also be the first country to get the Ecosport with the Ecoboost engine.

You are right that in the west this engine will come with an auto box but as of now the west will get only manual 5 speed and 6 speed transmission.

Ford has revealed the focus 1.0 ecoboost in UK and the price is some where around the 16000£ mark and comes with only a manual transmission 5 speed or 6 speed.
Sir, I have a suggestion for Ford India. Please consider it if want Ecosport to sell like hot-cakes:

My suggestion is for Top-end (with optional wriiten in name) as I am considering it-
1. Don't add so much Silver in Dashbord like Fiesta. Only bits of dull silver or Chrome finish will do.
2. Try adding some Beige(a bit dark like City) on Dashboard, Doors, etc.
3. Alloys as Displayed with same Tyre size(ofcourse Michelin only).
4. Sun/Moon Roof.
5. Nice Metallic Black.
6. All the goodies you can think of in addition to XUV.
7. 6 Speed Manual Tranmission with 1.5L Diesel Motor.
8. Don't allow to cross 10L price tag (not at all in Punjab due to R.C charges Slabs) for this High-end model.(This model may not be 4X4. You can keep it 4X2 and charge extra for 4X4 and Autobox)

Thanks for considering.
(I am Serious and not Joking)

Last edited by oops : 4th February 2012 at 20:25.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:29   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Congratulations

Hope Ford and Renault take heed - too much delay and instead of generating interest, they will have disgruntled customers who switch to the next best!!
Would like to second mallumowgli's statement.
I was very keen on the EcoSport and had waited from July 11 till Jan 12 and was really disappointed that it would finally be launched only at the end of 2012. Ford could have at least indicated a timeline for the launch, they clearly knew. I guess they choose to keep the mystery alive!

However, irony is that wifey decided to go in for the Figo but it was almost going to be the Punto! But then unhappiness of having waited for so long persists. Would have had a new car at least 4 months back!
Old 8th February 2012, 00:43   #381
LDJ
BHPian

Had a first look at EA mall. Must say Ford has nailed it on the design department - it sure looks the part its supposed to play! Quite butch and intimidating from the front and good overall posture all around.

The representative informed the price to be 7 Lakhs! The Test drives start by december this year, the driving experience will be significantly better as they have a new better engine, and it would be a 1.3L engine with a mileage of 21 kmpl!
Old 8th February 2012, 08:53   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDJ View Post
Had a first look at EA mall. Must say Ford has nailed it on the design department - it sure looks the part its supposed to play! Quite butch and intimidating from the front and good overall posture all around.

The representative informed the price to be 7 Lakhs! The Test drives start by december this year, the driving experience will be significantly better as they have a new better engine, and it would be a 1.3L engine with a mileage of 21 kmpl!
The details of price, engine and mileage have not been disclosed by Ford anywhere till date and I doubt if the representative had any official or concrete information on this aspect. I even doubt if Ford has authorized him to disclose such details. However if all that stated by the representative is true then I think I should wait for the Ecosport and cancel my plans of buying the XUV.
Old 8th February 2012, 10:02   #383
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil

The details of price, engine and mileage have not been disclosed by Ford anywhere till date and I doubt if the representative had any official or concrete information on this aspect. I even doubt if Ford has authorized him to disclose such details. However if all that stated by the representative is true then I think I should wait for the Ecosport and cancel my plans of buying the XUV.
We know the engine details.

Ecoboost 1.0 l 120 PS in petrol.
Tdci 1.5 in diesel.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:05   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I even doubt if Ford has authorized him to disclose such details. However if all that stated by the representative is true then I think I should wait for the Ecosport and cancel my plans of buying the XUV.
Don't believe on hearsay. The actual prices & the specs would be released only at the time of launch. But I am wondering why should you cancel your plan of buying the XUV for the Ecosport. These two vehicles are from completely different segments. I would suggest go back & check what are your exact requirements & expectations from a car. I am also quite overwhelmed by the XUV. But I don't need that big a vehicle, neither do I need that big an engine. My requirements are a 1.5 or 1.6 litre engine, with 100 BHP+ power, comfortable seating for 5 with ample luggage space, 200mm+ ground clearance, chunky tyres (16" or 17"), necessary safety features & that's it. Hence the Ecosport & the Duster are on the top or my priority list

Quote:

Tdci 1.5 in diesel.
There you go, word from the horse's mouth . So the news of 1.3L engine for the Ecosport is a pure rumour.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 16:21   #385
Senior - BHPian

Will the 1.5 TDCI will be in the same state of tune as the new fiesta, i.e. bhp and torque figures?

Quote:

Tdci 1.5 in diesel.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:09   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Will the 1.5 TDCI will be in the same state of tune as the new fiesta, i.e. bhp and torque figures?
Yes, most probably. It will be the same as the fiestas.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:29   #387
BHPian

[quote=AutoIndian;2673790]My requirements are a 1.5 or 1.6 litre engine, with 100 BHP+ power, comfortable seating for 5 with ample luggage space, 200mm+ ground clearance, chunky tyres (16" or 17"), necessary safety features & that's it. Hence the Ecosport & the Duster are on the top or my priority list
[quote]

Same goes here. After using the Fusion I feel like to have some thing like you said. But its all depends on the pricing and the company. Who comes first and how Its now wait and watch mode for me.

How ever if the Diesel engine is 1.5 CC then I believe it will not get the tax benefit of Sub 4 M.

Last edited by arin_12 : 8th February 2012 at 17:31.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:35   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
How ever if the Diesel engine is 1.5 CC then I believe it will not get the tax benefit of Sub 4 M.
Just for the sake of clarification, the government levies excise duty of 10% on cars with length under 4 metres & engine size upto 1.2 litres (for petrol) & 1.5 litres (for diesel). Anything which does not fall under this bracket attracts an excise duty of 22%

So it is obvious Ford will try to avail this benefit & price the car competetively even for the 1.5 litre diesel) variant of the Ecosport.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 8th February 2012 at 17:36.
Old 8th February 2012, 19:22   #389
Senior - BHPian

Though I am not in line to buy another new car, I would like to see how this engine responds. Anything with the word Eco in front of it does not sound very positive when it comes to outright power. Going by the state of tune of the new engines on the Fiesta; its not very positive. I hope Ford proves me wrong.
Old 8th February 2012, 19:49   #390

Have a read through this to know more about 1.0L drivability

Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec review - Autocar.co.uk
chinmay22 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks