Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 21:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview : Auto Expo 2012 --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
I think 1.0 litre engine is wrong information. In eco-boost they have only 1.6 and 2.0 ltr engines that are scheduled to be launched with Ford Escape. They would not be developing an all new engine for such a small number of examples they are targeting. So i really doubt the 1.0 118PS. So might be 1.6 with 118 PS that is available with Fiesta else where or the well known New fiesta 1.5 engines
The information is correct. The vehicle launch marks also launch of a new variant of Ecoboost, which according to them is made specifically for India. It has as they claim a 1L engine which produces power equvalent of 1.6L engine.
Best part is expect this naughty boy to come into Figo and later to Fiesta classic petrol. That could do wonders to the petrol variants of these vehicles.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Not Yeti or Scorpio but from Ford website, I find this comparision. Hope this helps
Great comparo DevilsCry. The side profile just confirms how the EcoSport is derived straight from the New Fiesta. What a striking similarity until the A pillar and even the front doors. As many observed, it sure looks like the New Fiesta on stilts.

As for pricing, one would expect Ford to not commit the same mistake as New Fiesta, but I have an eerie feeling that it would be repeated yet again - citing the new mill and SUV persona. I'm eagerly waiting for the tech specs and features.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

This looks more like a concept or is this a production version? It looks mind blowing since we have been used to some very bland models in the Ford line up. Hope they don't screw up the pricing like the New Fiesta. Sure the head and tail lights will not make it to the production line. The huge front air dam made popular by Audi is making its appearance here too.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 4th January 2012 at 21:41.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

If priced at 8 on road, i will sell my XUV and buy this for sure. Rest 4 lakhs saved can be used to buy new diesel hatchback
Old 4th January 2012, 21:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

It looks good. But the front is a rip off Hyundai Tucson. At first look i was like - what is Tucson doing in Ford's line up. Looked closely and found some other design cues which are good.

The side profile reminds me of KIA Sportage and the tail lights remind me of KIA optima. Clearly looks like Ford hired some Hyundai/KIA designers. Overall good effort.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:06   #36
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Definitely looks good, loved the alloys.

The size is significantly on the smaller side, possibly slightly bigger and taller than a Figo. A Figo on steroids if you will.

1L - 3 cylinder engine generating 118ps is mighty impressive. Would love to see it make its way to some lighter hatches.

Overall, definitely interesting vehicle. Hope I get to see one in person soon at a nearby Ford dealership.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I doubt,if we will get the 1.0 120PS motor.
Most probably it will come with fiesta's 90PS oil burner,which would make more sense.
You can visit Ford India website if you have doubt about which engine it will get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
No diesel?
This is actually interesting to note that Ford India website mentions EcoBoost engine but nothing about a diesel engine. May be they want to launch diesel version only after making sure that petrol only EcoSport flops and tarnishes EcoSport brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
It looks good. But the front is a rip off Hyundai Tucson.
You mean the fluidic Tucson as shown in the pic?

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-2011hyundaitucson_gw_0015767.jpg

You must be comparing them due to large grill. The trend of large grill was started by Audi and many companies follow it.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:17   #38
LDJ
BHPian

Definitely a looker! Usually SUV's butch looks goes for a male prerogative but with this entry it looks like the feminine SUV's are here!

It certainly would appeal to many in the market who update their hatches.

If Ford can bring in a 'auto' it would sell like hotcakes. The present diesel mill of the Fiesta would not do justice for a SUV - it would be better if Ford addresses this as well.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:28   #39
BHPian

I think it is the ideal car for hatch back owners (like me) who want to upgrade to a SUV but are hesitating since they might end up using the car alot in city.

Cant wait for it to be launched, this looks like my next upgrade!!

Ford: Please please dont make it a flopshow like Fiesta. This car surely has in it to repeat the figo success.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:45   #40
BHPian

Can't wait to find out how they are going to price this. If they price it above the Sedan, then it will be deemed too expensive. If they price it below the sedan, then already meager sales of the Sedan will become worse. Hope they get the price right.
Old 4th January 2012, 23:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Browsed through this entire thread, but couldn't get an answer to the question - When is it going to be launched? From the looks of it, I'm not too positive of a launch this year.
Old 4th January 2012, 23:26   #42
BHPian

I am going to be treading carefully here, when the XUV was revealed like a lot of fellow commentators there was near horror with the looks, but when seen live and in different angles it sort of grew and the initial reaction seems misplaced and exaggerated.

With the ecosport it looks somehow imbalanced, its like the car is trying too hard to look like a SUV but ends up looking like a small hatch on stilts. The Kuga looks really good, I have a feeling the ecosports needs to be wider and longer.
Old 4th January 2012, 23:26   #43
BHPian

What a butch looking handsome fellow! Doesnt look like anything south of 10lacs. No diesel?
Old 4th January 2012, 23:41   #44
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Looks great. Somehow, IMO Ford should have made it a little big bigger. The front looks butch, great set of alloys, excellent GC, excellent styling. Great going Ford.
Old 4th January 2012, 23:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Looks very different, rugged, purposeful, a tad too small, seems like a tough mean hatchback with greater GC.

Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but wont a 1 liter, 3 cylinder engine be a lil too underpowered for this beast?

I'm real glad though that there are more vehicles being launched in this segment. Really needed some fresh faces here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks