Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 19:06   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Came across this Ford media site on the 1.0 Litre Ecoboost engine. This site has some very high resolution pictures of the the Cologne (Germany) plant where the engine manufacturing has already commenced. Also there is quite a wealth of other information, very interesting

:: 1.0-litre EcoBoost Engine Production Start - PRESS KIT - 09. November 2011 ::
Old 17th March 2012, 21:05   #482
Senior - BHPian

Another very good article giving technical info on the 1.0L Ecoboost engine from SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers).

Powertrains - Automotive Engineering International Online

One important thing that I noted in this article is that the service (oil change) intervals for this engine would be 20K kms (instead of the regular 10K kms). "A special engine oil has been developed for the 1.0-L unit in collaboration with BP. It is very low friction but meets 20,000-km (12,427-mi) service interval requirements. It is likely to be more expensive than a regular oil but a vehicle owner would see “a quick payback” via fuel savings, according to Ford."

Courtesy fordinsidenews (http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums...8&d=1330506279), I stumbled upon the torque Vs rpm graph/curve for the three motors, 1.6L Ti-VCT (Gasoline), 1.0L Ecoboost (Gasoline) & the 1.6L TDCi (Diesel).

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford_focus_1ecoboost_comparacion_par.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 22:25   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I stumbled upon the torque Vs rpm graph/curve for the three motors, 1.6L Ti-VCT (Gasoline), 1.0L Ecoboost (Gasoline) & the 1.6L TDCi (Diesel)
Oh my God! That's the smoothest torque vs RPM graph I've ever seen in my life! Do even BMWs and Maybachs have that ultra smooth torque? Now I'm even more eagerly waiting for EcoSport!

Someone please tell me if there are already engines in market having such smooth torque?

Last edited by DevilsCry : 17th March 2012 at 22:27. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 21st March 2012, 09:15   #484
Senior - BHPian

A convoy of Ecosports was recently spotted doing the road tests in Brazil. Refer the video link below for further details. As per IAB, The production version of the EcoSport could be revealed at Auto China in Beijing next month following which it will reach markets like India and Brazil. The car has good road presence.

There is one more video showing a car chasing an Ecosport on test. After @ one minute from the start of the below clip, the test car could be seen passing a Honda CRV (if I am not wrong). The Ecosport looks almost in the same league as that of the CRV.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 09:58   #485
BHPian

Good find, AutoIndian. Fabulous road presence, in my opinion. Definitely looks the SUV part.
And seem to be going at a decent clip.
At 0.07, one of them passes a Palio. Looks quite big.
Old 21st March 2012, 13:47   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice video.What i could gather from it other than the road presence was that there are variants being driven here as the alloys of the first vehicle in the convoy(last in the clip) is a 5 spoke alloy,the one after it(2nd in convoy) is a steel rim,and there are 2 more different alloys.Am attaching the video grabs for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-eco5.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-eco4.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-eco3.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-eco2.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 14:58   #487
Senior - BHPian

The ecosport has so much potential in our country !! Its the next XUV 500 success story if you ask me. Interiors as spied are similar to the fiesta which is a good thing in terms of design but a bad thing in terms of quality of plastics. Anyways who's expecting Skoda like quality in a package like this. Even at 10L ill accept Fiesta quality as the overall car is more substantial.

When is it coming btw? Are they planning a Bumper Diwali launch? I really hope not as thats really far away.
Old 21st March 2012, 17:34   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Interiors as spied are similar to the fiesta which is a good thing in terms of design but a bad thing in terms of quality of plastics.

When is it coming btw? Are they planning a Bumper Diwali launch? I really hope not as thats really far away.
Ford EcoSport interiors spied in China

Source: Indian Autos Blog

Seems like Ecosport will have the interiors resembling more of B-Max that was unveiled at Geneva Motor Show and only the steering borrowed from Fiesta. Quite suits the SUV. I don't feel the launch is not anytime around the corner.
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:30   #489
BHPian

Interiors of Ford Ecosport spotted, this time more distinctively from Indian Autos Blog.

Ford EcoSport's interior snapped in Brazil

More Fiesta-like, audio and steering wheel borrowed from Fiesta with the side AC vents more suited for the SUVs. Neat but hope the plastics are rather grey and not ugly-looking blue as with the Fiesta..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportinterior.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2012, 11:37   #490
BHPian

The test mules looks more proportioned wrt to the tyres being used. The tyres appear smaller than the ones shown at the Auto Expo. Any guess on the GC?
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:43   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

The test mules in my opinion looks much bigger than the one which they have planned to launch in the sub 4m segment in India. I seriously doubt whether it's gonna be the same one which ford intends to bring to Indian roads. These vehicles are easily bigger than a "small car".

Could it be that they have two options like the xylo and mini xylo?
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:59   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Oh my God! That's the smoothest torque vs RPM graph I've ever seen in my life! Do even BMWs and Maybachs have that ultra smooth torque? Now I'm even more eagerly waiting for EcoSport!

Someone please tell me if there are already engines in market having such smooth torque?
Most diesel engines deliver smooth and flat torque curves. After a certain number of revs, the torque is flat, consistent and meaty. Allows for brisk overtaking, and gradual - consistent acceleration.

That's some good information though, and an indication of where the EcoBoost mill stands in the competition.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:01   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
The test mules in my opinion looks much bigger than the one which they have planned to launch in the sub 4m segment in India. I seriously doubt whether it's gonna be the same one which ford intends to bring to Indian roads. These vehicles are easily bigger than a "small car".

Could it be that they have two options like the xylo and mini xylo?
After the Auto expo, Ford has clarified it is not sub 4 meter SUV as it was widely rumoured. It is close to 4.2 meter since ford didnt want to do the same mistake as Fiesta (Cramped rear seats). So we will be getting the cars which are being tested only. The only question is when will it be launched?
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:07   #494
Senior - BHPian

Won't be surprised if Ford changes their stand and go for a sub-4 m vehicle, in light of the excise duty hikes. Will be hard for them to remain competitive if it's 4 m +. Plus, a better price point would give them an immediate leg-up over the Duster, which we know is 4 m +.

Priced well, these compact SUVs could be game changers in sub-10L urban transport!

Last edited by razor4077 : 23rd March 2012 at 12:08.
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:45   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Ecosport spied in India for the first time - by ACI.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport_1.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport_2.jpg

Details: SCOOP! Ford EcoSport India spy pics - News - Autocar India
swiftnfurious is offline   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks