Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:48   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Was just going to post the same link ! Anyways , pretty excited to see he first pictures of Ecosport in India . It will be a game changer indeed !
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:19   #497
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff. Hope this means the launch isn't too far away. Tyres look very skinny though.
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:23   #498
BHPian

Never thought they would carry the same grille onto the production version. Glad that it looks too close to the concept except for the LED headlamp units. Alloy on the spare looks stunning. Is it the picture or the perception of my eyes that the front tires look skinny for the vehicle's stance? Finally some spying in India too
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:37   #499
Senior - BHPian

Woah! It does have road presence. The alloys are fantastic. By the looks of it, seems to be 17 inchers. Also, I wish the backlit display of the EcoSport is not as RED as the Fiesta. I found it to be an eyesore personally :(

Are we sure they will be launching it in 7 to 8 lakhs frame? By the looks of it and assuming that it will come with features provided in Fiesta, I suppose it will be priced beyond Fiesta.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 23rd March 2012 at 14:46.
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:38   #500
BHPian

Completely Undisguised Ford Ecosport Spied:

Noticias Automotivas, have posted a set of sensational spyshots completely revealing the EcoSport production model & it looks Shockingly similar to the Concept unveiled at AutoExpo 2012.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-2012fordecosportproductionmodel1.jpg
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-2012fordecosportproductionmodel3.jpg
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-2012fordecosportproductionmodel4.jpg

See more at: Ford EcoSport spied completely undisguised
CRtorquefan is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:40   #501
Senior - BHPian

Good find Swiftnfurious. Is is quite heartening to know that the test mules are being spotted in the BRICs countries almost simultaneously, so I guess Ford is gearing up for a big bang launch in all these countries. No doubt this car has all the attributes necessary for a winner, only the price will decide its fate, especially in a price sensitive country like ours. Ford should seriously consider bringing it under 4m to avail the excise benefits & pass it on to the customer. This itself can easily shelve off 70-80K from the ex-showroom price.

Thanks for sharing the pics CRTorquefan. Suddenly this thread is on fire. The more such scoops we get, better for us. Keep it coming guys

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd March 2012 at 14:43.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 15:14   #502
Senior - BHPian

After being dormant a while, this thread has really picked up with all the spy pics trickling out. The car looks good.

I can't quite make up my mind whether Ford should try to bring it under 4 meters or not. The price advantages are tempting but then backseat comfort and room are equally significant factors. If I were to change my car, backseat space and luggage carrying ability are major considerations. Being too cramped may not help the Ecosport.
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:23   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I can't quite make up my mind whether Ford should try to bring it under 4 meters or not. The price advantages are tempting but then backseat comfort and room are equally significant factors. If I were to change my car, backseat space and luggage carrying ability are major considerations. Being too cramped may not help the Ecosport.
+1 . What you have said makes perfect sense. Backseat space and luggage carrying ability are major considerations & Ford should not compromise on that, rather they should make use of their engineering & design skills to get the best of both worlds, under 4m & still comfortable back seat. Remember the Indigo CS, the new Dezire, both fall under 4m, but both have been designed well to give sufficient legroom/comfort for the rear passengers & just enough luggage space by the stubby boot.

I am having a feeling somehow it would be under 4m in India. Remember the pictures of the EcoSport taken at the Ford stall by Rehaan shared on Page #5 of this thread. He has quoted there, "To get a sense of scale, (sub-4m length) note that each "tile" on the floor is 1m" Pictures 70, 75 & 76

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2012-a-5.html

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd March 2012 at 16:34. Reason: Note added on pictures taken by Rehaan
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:48   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
+1 . What you have said makes perfect sense. Backseat space and luggage carrying ability are major considerations & Ford should not compromise on that, rather they should make use of their engineering & design skills to get the best of both worlds, under 4m & still comfortable back seat.
I am having a feeling somehow it would be under 4m in India.
I hope you're right - I don't want to give more money away as tax if I can help it. But then there are only so many ways to package a sub-4 meter product.
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:08   #505
BHPian

The wheel at the back has to be covered in a country like our's, otherwise when you go for a quick bite to a cafe you will return to find your wheel gone.

Over all looking quite good, shows some hints with the Kuga, of couse the Kuga is bigger.

I dont remember liking it so much when I saw it at the Expo in Jan, maybe because of all the damn commotion, I was holding onto my wallet the whole time and preventing getting elbowed by people jumping up and down for a free pen.

It does look better than the Duster, which IMO looks very utilitarian and old worldly.

Anyways was at Harpreet ford gurgaon yesterday for my Figo's second service and a lot of staff were mentioning the "chotti" endeavour or small endeavour coming in November. They were saying things like "bahut bikegi, Figo ko bhi tod daygi" , lets hope Ford prices it sensibly, it will then definitely overtake the Figo.
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:21   #506
Team-BHP Support

The new plant at Sanand, is suppose to roll out in 2014 only.
(And Ford I think said its mainly for the 1L engine and B-Max platform of small cars)

So with the current plant in Chennai, I would expect substantial delays in deliveries if the Ecosport becomes
a runaway success. In the next few months, we would also get to see what happens to the non-existent Fiesta
sales as a result of the price-cut. If it gets boosted all the more trouble for people waiting on Eco-Sport.

It would good to know what is Ford planning to handle capacity?
Does it have margins are their Chennai plant in terms of production capacity?
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:45   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...only the price will decide its fate, especially in a price sensitive country like ours. Ford should seriously consider bringing it under 4m to avail the excise benefits & pass it on to the customer. This itself can easily shelve off 70-80K from the ex-showroom price.
Don't think Ford will screw up pricing for another time after Fiesta! They, by now would have understood people don't give 2 hoots for the brand if it's wrongly priced. And I am happy that they re-positioned the car in a short span too. So I expect this to come with a decent price.

Quote:
I can't quite make up my mind whether Ford should try to bring it under 4 meters or not. The price advantages are tempting but then backseat comfort and room are equally significant factors.
True - I hope the interior & boot space are good and not cramped. Will make it a good comfy cross country traveler.

Quote:
I am having a feeling somehow it would be under 4m in India.
This is a "One Ford" product, which means, the same package will be offered across the globe! So I don't think there will be any changes as such for India from a dimensional point of view.

Quote:
...But then there are only so many ways to package a sub-4 meter product.
I believe a lot of companies in India should learn the "art of packaging" from TATA or Honda! Both make the spacious cars of the lot, under 4m especially!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd March 2012 at 17:49.
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:46   #508
Senior - BHPian

Looks really good. I love the design of the EcoSport. Also the alloys in the production version looks better than the alloys in the Concept! Hope Ford gives us this new alloy design. Also the 1.5 Diesel from the Global Fiesta would be decent, but a more powerful verion of the same would do justice to the masculine and butch stance that the car has.
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:13   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Completely Undisguised Ford Ecosport Spied:

Noticias Automotivas, have posted a set of sensational spyshots completely revealing the EcoSport production model & it looks Shockingly similar to the Concept unveiled at AutoExpo 2012.

See more at: Ford EcoSport spied completely undisguised
I don't think this is final production model. Look at the Boot, there is no handle for opening. I feel this door will not open upwards. So for opening towards side we should have a handle.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:24   #510
Team-BHP Support

image source

In the pic, the car is dressed up for a frontal impact crash test. Note the markings on the front half of the car, including the ruler-like marking to help visualize how the crumple zones behave.

If you look at the channel on the ground - thats a pulley system that will send the car hurling down towards the crash-object at an exact speed.

The fact that its being crash tested means that this is pretty much exactly what the car will look like. (Unless ofcourse this is some internal crash test; which is unlikely/expensive). Design changes after this point would mean that the car will have to be crash tested once again, and given the projected launch dates, that wouldn't be feasible.

cya
R

PS - Just to play it from the other side, these pictures could also be from months back - and design changes could have already happened

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2012 at 19:32.
Rehaan is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks