Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 00:42   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Frankly I am still unsure whether I like the looks or not. One part of me likes the radical looks but the other part has already labelled it a Tonka truck with its enormous grill, height vs width ratio and skinny tyres. :-)
Agree with you! I have started visualizing how a mesh grill would look instead of that chrome grill! Anyone wants to go a photoshop?? Somehow the tyres look chunky to me in the pics. Will wait for final launch to comment further.
Old 27th March 2012, 06:15   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Guys since the test mules are already out, when can we expect the car to be launched?? What was the trend with the figo and new fiesta?? How long after the first test vehicles were spotted were the cars launched??

The original rumor was that the ecosport was going to be launched somewhere during Diwali, seeing the test mules now, hoping its going to be around July -august!!... I gotta lay off on those chips!!
Last week when I happened to meet one of the Ford official, he said that it would come either Diwali time or November. As it is going to be a Global launch, (18+ countries) this may not come in the Diwali time exactly
Old 27th March 2012, 08:09   #528
BHPian

Does anyone have any clue about the features that will be offered on the Eco Sport? I got to read in the Indian Autos Blog that it will be offered with 7 airbags. Its little hard to believe this as even the Endevour comes with only 2 airbags though it costs about 18 lakhs.

So considering the price point Ford is going to offer the Eco Sport its little hard to believe that it will be loaded with too many goodies and features. So anyone having information about the features that will be offered on the Eco Sport please throw some light.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:40   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil
Does anyone have any clue about the features that will be offered on the Eco Sport? I got to read in the Indian Autos Blog that it will be offered with 7 airbags. Its little hard to believe this as even the Endevour comes with only 2 airbags though it costs about 18 lakhs.

So considering the price point Ford is going to offer the Eco Sport its little hard to believe that it will be loaded with too many goodies and features. So anyone having information about the features that will be offered on the Eco Sport please throw some light.
Well I would say take everything you hear with a generous helping of salt. Global models and models for our country differ on a lot of aspects.

Certain criteria which works in say Brazil might not work in India.

Also with the duster launch imminent and judging by the utilitarian prices they are projecting, ford might not get too ambitious, but then again the fiesta launch does leave a bitter taste in the mouth so who knows.

On a different note though just talking brands which out of the two would people prefer Ford or Renault.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:45   #530
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post

That may not be true. For example if you look at I20 Asta, it comes with 6 Airbags and it is still priced much below 10L. True the cost of Airbags does get added but I dont think it would make that big a difference.

Its just a reality that Endy does not have many Airbags,
Old 27th March 2012, 17:55   #531
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

But in India, type of fuel (read NOT petrol), mileage and pricing is king! While I am confident Ford will manage the mileage angle with the 1.0 EcoBoost, I am unsure of the Indian car buyers liking for a petrol-powered SUV as well as Ford's laughably disastrous pricing strategy with the Fiesta.

I guess the petrol version is for those who dont travel alot.Most Indian
buyers will go for the diesel, even if their running doesn't warrant it but for the few informed buyers who wont do enough of miles to warrant a diesel, love the free revving of a petrol engine(Turbo-charged!!) and where petrol cost 55rs per litre, the ecoboost powered eco-sport will do just fine!!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 27th March 2012 at 17:56.
Old 27th March 2012, 18:14   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I guess the petrol version is for those who dont travel alot.Most Indian
buyers will go for the diesel, even if their running doesn't warrant it but for the few informed buyers who wont do enough of miles to warrant a diesel, love the free revving of a petrol engine(Turbo-charged!!) and where petrol cost 55rs per litre, the ecoboost powered eco-sport will do just fine!!
Sorry. But your post is quite confusing in itself. Methought petrol costs were north bound of Rs 70
Old 27th March 2012, 18:23   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Sorry. But your post is quite confusing in itself. Methought petrol costs were north bound of Rs 70
See where rambo1o1 lives and this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-reduced.html
DevilsCry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 20:04   #534
BHPian

I spotted Ecosport road testing on GST road Chennai yesterday 28th Mar’12 at around 8pm (night time) . I was driving alone in my i10 from Chennai Tambaram towards Tindivanam. Suddenly it was happened to me to follow the Ecosport for around 20km till it was u-turned 3kms before Maduranthagam. I captured it (both video and snaps) with a poor camera in my mobile but it was not much clear. The vehicle is the same one posted here before (nbr 0021).

* It went upto max of 100 kmph. I managed to follow in the same speed in my kappa.
* From behind, the tyre width is not justified to the over all width of the car. I spotted one white XUV500 overtaking me and just seen both XUV and Ecosport near to each other from behind. Immediately I observed that XUV tyre width to its overall width is justified and ecosport tyre width is skinny.
* The pickup I observed was good when I just compared to i10 (sorry I know it is not justified to compare both but its happened to me). Here I don’t know which engine it has.
vijayk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 20:15   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
I spotted Ecosport road testing on GST road Chennai yesterday 28th Mar’12 at around 8pm (night time)
Good find Vijay. Wish you had a good camera & had captured the 20km long chase. That would have been one heck of a video. One friendly advise, sightings of Ecosport occurring at regular intervals in Chennai, from here-on keep one good quality camera (preferably a handycam) in your glove box. Also carry a co-driver along with you, who can shoot while you drive, don't risk shooting yourself while you are at the steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
* The pickup I observed was good when I just compared to i10 (sorry I know it is not justified to compare both but its happened to me). Here I don’t know which engine it has.
That's the million rupee question. I guess it might be the Eco-boost 1.0L (with a 0-100kmph in 11.3 seconds on the Focus with a Ecoboost). Next time keep a close watch on the exhaust & the engine note.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th March 2012 at 20:16.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:37   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good find Vijay. Wish you had a good camera & had captured the 20km long chase. That would have been one heck of a video. One friendly advise, sightings of Ecosport occurring at regular intervals in Chennai, from here-on keep one good quality camera (preferably a handycam) in your glove box. Also carry a co-driver along with you, who can shoot while you drive, don't risk shooting yourself while you are at the steering.
It is good to have them arranged but difficult other than keeping a quality camera in glove box. Yes it was bit difficult to drive in one hand and capture the snap or video in other hand. I will avoid the same hence forth. Now I will try to post the video even though it was not good in quality.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:17   #537
Senior - BHPian

The eco-sport pictured is carrying the same alloy design as showcased in the auto expo right? Is it the same 17 inchers?

Even if they tone it down to 16, I still think the tyres would be meaty enough. Ford had given 195 section tyres on the new fiesta, and even if they don't it isnt a big deal to change to better set of tyres.

I wish they had toned down the front grille and profile to give it a little more matured and balanced looks. One other thing I'm concerned about is the very high bonnet line, which may result in a lower seating position and there-by take away the advantage of a high perched seating position of an SUV.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:48   #538
Senior - BHPian

The more I see this, the more I like it. I hope Ford price the EcoSport well.

Buy the EcoBoost variant and settle in Goa. That will be a good one.
Old 30th March 2012, 00:10   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The more I see this, the more I like it. I hope Ford price the EcoSport well.
Buy the EcoBoost variant and settle in Goa. That will be a good one.
Seeing the number of Fusions currently running on Goan roads (incl mine), I can easily guess that even if it is priced slightly higher, EcoSport would be a hit in Goa as a X over is the best vehicle for Goan conditions.
Old 30th March 2012, 12:04   #540
BHPian

after reading all the posts in this thread the only questions that strikes to mind is when, when, when and when will it be launched in India. Will there be automatic variant weather in petrol or diesel. The earlier the better for Ford as well as the potential customers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks