Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 14:31   #541
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The more I see this, the more I like it. I hope Ford price the EcoSport well.

Buy the EcoBoost variant and settle in Goa. That will be a good one.
Good one! I am hoping that policians across india look at Goa and follow suit (After all if one monkey throws his cap down, the other monkeys will follow soon)

I completely agree that the more i see, the more i am getting impatient for the launch! I am selling my Swift and not buying another vehicle for now since i am waiting for both the Duster & Ecosp0rt launch! The more i see, it is getting apparent the OTR for ecosport is going to be higher than 10 lakhs for sure! Duster might be a lakh lesser but in some of the pictures it is apparent that it looks like a large hatchback & does not look like a SUV.

So i am all set for buying the eco-sport when it launches. I am only praying that they launch it with the hugely acclaimed automatic gear too but i guess that might not happen during the launch.

Last edited by urajkumar : 30th March 2012 at 14:33.
Old 30th March 2012, 23:54   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
It is good to have them arranged but difficult other than keeping a quality camera in glove box. Yes it was bit difficult to drive in one hand and capture the snap or video in other hand. I will avoid the same hence forth. Now I will try to post the video even though it was not good in quality.
Here it is... once again sorry for my poor mobile phone video

vijayk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 01:03   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Lousy driving. This is some sort of professional? Should be sacked.
Old 31st March 2012, 01:06   #544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Tailgating yes, but you have to hand it to him. He was using his indicators every time.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 06:51   #545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here it is... once again sorry for my poor mobile phone video
Thanks for the video. Someone else was driving your car, or you were driving and taking the video?

Quote:
Probably they were testing the car's ability in the 'real' driving conditions on our roads
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 08:17   #546
Senior - BHPian

I sure hope you were not driving and taking the video. If you were, never do it again please. Very very dangerous especially in darkness.
Old 31st March 2012, 13:30   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the video. Someone else was driving your car, or you were driving and taking the video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I sure hope you were not driving and taking the video. If you were, never do it again please. Very very dangerous especially in darkness.
Wilful & vb-san, I am quoting below from the post of Vijayk on the prvious page.

Quote:
It is good to have them arranged but difficult other than keeping a quality camera in glove box. Yes it was bit difficult to drive in one hand and capture the snap or video in other hand. I will avoid the same hence forth. Now I will try to post the video even though it was not good in quality.
It was indeed a circus of steering wheel in one hand & his mobile cam in the other. Now that he has promised, not to repeat this in future we should be quite relieved.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 15:09   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Probably they were testing the car's ability in the 'real' driving conditions on our roads
I confess that that crossed my mind too.

However, here it is an example that deserves a place in one of our bad-drivers threads. The driving style is dangerous and irresponsible. A prototype car has been entrusted to this person. Perhaps someone from Ford might become aware, from this thread, and perhaps there might be repercussions. Even if Ford does not care about other road users, they have to care about the value of their property.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 16:40   #549
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me, but I got a feeling the Ecosport was trying to overtake the bus in front, and looking whether he could get across from either side. Both the bus and the Ecosport overtook two slow moving buses from the left, which is quite common on our roads.

Apart from following the bus a bit closely, where did he err?
Old 31st March 2012, 16:44   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, here it is an example that deserves a place in one of our bad-drivers threads. The driving style is dangerous and irresponsible. A prototype car has been entrusted to this person. Perhaps someone from Ford might become aware, from this thread, and perhaps there might be repercussions. Even if Ford does not care about other road users, they have to care about the value of their property.
I really dont understand what was wrong with the Ecosport's driving! May be am too spoilt and you can educate me

I see that Mahindra cab ahead of the Ecosport cut him off twice though!
Old 31st March 2012, 17:15   #551
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has some clue about the actual test drive availability with dealers ? I am patiently waiting to get my hands on this ! My next upgrade choices are simple and straight forward. Its only between Skoda Laura and Ecosport ! My tbhp friend has spoilt me with his Laura. When I sold my Fiesta last year, I had only one thing in mind "big cars are painful for a city", but now I feel I need my own space and plenty of area to fill my things.

'Search & find' process of my 6th car in 10 years starts here officially
Old 31st March 2012, 18:36   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wilful & vb-san, I am quoting below from the post of Vijayk on the prvious page.

It was indeed a circus of steering wheel in one hand & his mobile cam in the other. Now that he has promised, not to repeat this in future we should be quite relieved.
Thanks AutoIndian for answering the queries at my place. If you see in the video, I took off my right hand from steering along with mobile to put the indicator on / off. Yes I wouldn't repeat it again at any situation as it is a dangerous one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I really dont understand what was wrong with the Ecosport's driving! May be am too spoilt and you can educate me

I see that Mahindra cab ahead of the Ecosport cut him off twice though!
As I witnessed this road test for around 20km stretch, I can tell that it is a bad driving of ecosport. Many times the driver tried to overtake at left (beyond yellow line) when two vehicles are already occupied both the lanes in front. He was not having patient to wait till getting the gap in any of the lanes to over take. Those were not captured in this video but you can understand from his hurry in driving.
vijayk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 23:22   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for filling in the details. I too had the impression that, as well as a bad case of tailgating, he was determined to get past, regardless of what side. Tailgating, weaving...

People, tailgating really is dangerous.

I wanted to take this up with our Ford member, but it seems he is no longer with us.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 31st March 2012 at 23:23.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 23:59   #554
Senior - BHPian

I am not impressed by the interiors at all. i was expecting a more subtle design.
The bad drivers in order as per me after watching the clip; The mahindra cab guy> ecosoprt driver>the Bhpian who shot this video.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:46   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
The eco-sport pictured is carrying the same alloy design as showcased in the auto expo right? Is it the same 17 inchers?

Even if they tone it down to 16, I still think the tyres would be meaty enough. Ford had given 195 section tyres on the new fiesta, and even if they don't it isnt a big deal to change to better set of tyres.
The one time I spotted the test mule in GST, I was able to check out the tire specification. IIRC, it wore 205/65 on 16 incher Pirelli's. BTW, cool news from Indian Autos Blog that test mule with sun roof is spotted in Brazil. Now there are high chances this could be offered in the top trim levels in India too. Add this to the much-speculated feature list of the Ecosport

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/04/f...sunroof-brazil

Last edited by vvijay : 2nd April 2012 at 15:46. Reason: Added the link
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks