Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 19:32   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Thats great news actually Ford should take advantage of the market situation and launch the Ecosport at the earliest. The Indian market is definetely ready for compact SUVs and the one who comes first with a good product will definetely cash on the situation. So far as we know the eco sport is a good product and Ford should not strip the safety features or other features to keep prices low. In fact there are quite a lot buyers in the market who are willing to pay good prices for a good and loaded car. The concept of bigger the better is no more prevailent in the Indian market and the concept of small, capable and loaded is in. So lets keep our fingers crossed till we get some concrete news about the Ecosport launch and its specs and features.
I doubt Ford would give us a fully loaded SUV with world class interiors and all the bells and whistles that the new Fiesta has for anything less than close to say 12lac OTR for top end. But they have a chance to preempt the Renault Duster by launching a good package at the right price. Hope they make use of the opportunity.
Also, launching only 2 trims and then launching stripped down versions to boost the sales is a solid knock out punch to the image of the model and the manufacturer. What Ford needs to do is go the Hyundai way in terms of options. Launch the Ecosport in multiple trim lines giving the customers enough options to choose at decent price points.
Some may want to own it for its handling and true capabilities at the base price point while some may want to flaunt it with all the features. To each his own and Ford needs to address them all in the best way possible.
Old 11th April 2012, 20:31   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What Ford needs to do is go the Hyundai way in terms of options. Launch the Ecosport in multiple trim lines giving the customers enough options to choose at decent price points.
Some may want to own it for its handling and true capabilities at the base price point while some may want to flaunt it with all the features. To each his own and Ford needs to address them all in the best way possible.
+1 to that. I want a really really capable SUV to take on the Indian roads. The SUV DNA, big fat tyres, oodles of ground clearance, a powerful engine (the Ecoboost 1.0L boasts of that), basic safety features (ABS, EBD, Airbags etc), space for 5 + weekend luggage (period). I care a damn about jazzy features, lesser the electronics, better for me. I am one of those who would be last in the line to flaunt a car or its features. I just want to enjoy my drive & enjoy it thoroughly, don't want to shell out a bomb for that.
Old 11th April 2012, 21:41   #573
BHPian

I think Ford is in the same dilema for this product's introduction as maruti is with the Ertiga.
Will this favour more than a Safari ? Innova ? Verna ? Xylo ?

I mean Maruti may say or "can afford" to say that their ertiga is for a customer who wants to graduate from a hatch, but look at the choices.

Now Ford might also add the Ertiga !!
Old 11th April 2012, 22:05   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
But they have a chance to preempt the Renault Duster by launching a good package at the right price. Hope they make use of the opportunity.
What Ford needs to do is go the Hyundai way in terms of options. Launch the Ecosport in multiple trim lines giving the customers enough options to choose at decent price points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
+1 to that. I want a really really capable SUV to take on the Indian roads. The SUV DNA, big fat tyres, oodles of ground clearance, a powerful engine (the Ecoboost 1.0L boasts of that), basic safety features (ABS, EBD, Airbags etc), space for 5 + weekend luggage (period).
I agree with the views above. Definetely if Ford goes the Fiesta way it will definetely fail with the Ecosport and I am very sure Ford is aware of this fact. Ford has even tasted success and numbers with the Figo. So Ford has both examples form their own stable and will definetely follow the success mantra and not the failure. Definetely Ford has to take cues from Hyundai, the Fiesta is compared with the Verna and Verna commands waiting period of more than 6-7 months and Fiesta is available off the shelf but still doesnt sell 4 digits.
Old 11th April 2012, 22:14   #575
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport coming in Nov-jan timeframe.
Old 11th April 2012, 22:16   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I agree with the views above. Definetely if Ford goes the Fiesta way it will definetely fail with the Ecosport and I am very sure Ford is aware of this fact. Ford has even tasted success and numbers with the Figo. So Ford has both examples form their own stable and will definetely follow the success mantra and not the failure. Definetely Ford has to take cues from Hyundai, the Fiesta is compared with the Verna and Verna commands waiting period of more than 6-7 months and Fiesta is available off the shelf but still doesnt sell 4 digits.
Well before the New Fiesta was launched and after the specs sheets were out and first impressions were in.( I remember the incredible posts and anticipation on this site.) Ford knew enough not to do a New Fiesta. Yet they did it , surprisingly. What with the same administration running the show that surprised us with the Figo and took away all the awards and got the volumes. This is a much more difficult call. After the New Fiesta, I wonder how much leeway they have to take such a "call" in India operations anyway. It might just be a cost + margins situation.
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 22:33   #577
BHPian

News #1:
As per reports, Ford is ready to showcase the production version of the EcoSport to the world. Ford will be conducting a media drive for 150 journalist at a big event at Barra Lighthouse in Salvador on the 22nd of April. This means, we finally get a glimpse of the mysterious interiors as well. India is the second destination where the Ford EcoSport will be manufactured after Brazil.

Ford EcoSport to be showcased in Brazil on April 22?

News #2:
Ford is preparing massively to showcase the EcoSport mini SUV at the Beijing Auto Show that starts on the 23rd of April. Ford has announced plans to introduce four vehicles at the Beijing Motor Show, one of the them is our favorite EcoSport.

We have a strong feeling that this will not be the concept model but rather a production one. Ford has been testing the EcoSport in China for a very long time. In fact, China was the second place where the testing phase started after Brazil, followed by India.

Ford EcoSport heads to the 2012 Beijing Motor Show

So we may wait till 22nd and 23rd Apr 2012 to know more details.
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 10:16   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Ecosport coming in Nov-jan timeframe.
That is some great news! Glad that we have started to hear about the proposed launch dates and all. This along with their plans to disclose the production version to the world is indeed a positive sign. Been following this one ever since it was unveiled at the Auto Expo early this year.

Any news about in which price bracket Ford may place this one at the launch?

Best,
R-Six
Old 13th April 2012, 12:14   #579
jp1
BHPian

So if ford is about to launch EcoSport, may be it is time for Mini Xylo (XUV3OO ?) to eclipse EcoSport launch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
News #1:...
So we may wait till 22nd and 23rd Apr 2012 to know more details.
Old 14th April 2012, 06:35   #580
BHPian

Hope they surprise us with two rear jump seats as an option and 250Nm + torque. Wish !!
Old 14th April 2012, 11:24   #581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Hope they surprise us with two rear jump seats as an option and 250Nm + torque. Wish !!
That would be pushing it, honestly.

Leave that to Mahindra and Tata. Hope Ford doesn't add jump-seats and compromise on safety. Not in a car that is already a sub-compact SUV with a minuscule boot.
Old 14th April 2012, 13:54   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt
Hope they surprise us with two rear jump seats as an option ... ... Wish !!
And I hope they do NOT! :-) Though I just noticed you mentioned 'as an option'. Doubt there is space for that.

Last edited by Fusion2006 : 14th April 2012 at 13:57.
Old 14th April 2012, 14:59   #583
BHPian

Well if they can have a 3rd row in an Ertiga at 4.3m they could offer a jump seat option on the Sport. I don't think space will be that compromised in a side facing situation.
Old 15th April 2012, 13:46   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Well if they can have a 3rd row in an Ertiga at 4.3m they could offer a jump seat option on the Sport. I don't think space will be that compromised in a side facing situation.
I don't think Ford is trying to do a people-mover with the Ecosport. They have not done this with bigger cross-overs like the Kuga. I expect the Ecosport to come out as a sporty little 5-seater.
Old 16th April 2012, 14:57   #585
BHPian

2 jump seats does not make the Eco-sport a "people mover". But I agree that Ford will do the "proper" thing and make it a 5 seater.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks