Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:07   #616
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Exactly my thoughts. It looks so much better without the shabby spare wheel cover or Ford could can give the Endeavour type of spare wheel cover.

After driving the Fiesta, no other car seems to be exciting to drive.
But, i did drive the XUV yesterday and was not impressed at all. It looks very sturdy and has space, but at the same time, it is very crude. I will not go for it.

I could not agree more on the Fiesta's driving dynamics. Though I have yet to drive the XUV500.

Hmmm! so maybe it is time to revisit the temptation diaries, or nip it in the bud. Right Now.
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:46   #617
BHPian

Here's a link from the Facebook page of Ford India about Ecosport:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...50716095499790

This video throws some light on the rear seat, legroom and time of India launch.
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:34   #618
Senior - BHPian

Great package by Ford. I just hope they price it right and hit the bulls-eye like Mahindra did.

Quote:
probable launch in India in Jan 2013.
This uncertainty regarding the launch is really frustrating for potential buyers and they may just end up buying an XUV. Ford should not delay it for more than 5-6 months imo.
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:46   #619
BHPian

Its decided! So it the Eco-sport for me!

I was waiting for Duster & Eco-sport review & after seeing Duster's interior, it is very clear that Ford is far ahead of the game! Duster is a old SUV and clearly the interiors reminds us of that!

Now only thing left is to wait (albiet a long one) & watch for ford to reveal the price!

however my concern is that this SUV has more features, build on Fiesta platform is bound to be more expensive than Fiesta! So it should minimum start at around 8 to 12 lakhs (Ex-showroom) and OTR would be 10 to 14 lakhs at least. I am interested in the Automatic version & so (gulp) that seems like 12 lakhs minimum! Fingers crossed!

Last edited by urajkumar : 23rd April 2012 at 15:48.
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:06   #620
vij
BHPian

It will certainly carry a sizable premium compared to fiesta as its a newer car, newer technology etc. Its not that small too... Over 4.2m in length and well over 2m(gulp) in width- man that's not small lol. I expect it to start close to 10l ex-showroom

Last edited by vij : 23rd April 2012 at 16:08.
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:30   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
It will certainly carry a sizable premium compared to fiesta as its a newer car, newer technology etc. Its not that small too... Over 4.2m in length and well over 2m(gulp) in width- man that's not small lol. I expect it to start close to 10l ex-showroom
At 2 metres width it could become the 1st 6 seater with 2 rows . Seriously, I would think this width must be about 1700-1800mm as mentioned earlier.

With the mention of ESP etc. I agree that the Ecosport may be gunning just below Yeti territory. I hope the tweak the torque though.
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:42   #622
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
At 2 metres width it could become the 1st 6 seater with 2 rows . Seriously, I would think this width must be about 1700-1800mm as mentioned earlier.

With the mention of ESP etc. I agree that the Ecosport may be gunning just below Yeti territory. I hope the tweak the torque though.
Could be the mirror-mirror width? Yes looks like their top end would settle to around 14L OTR. I want this one - but the trouble is if they launch in Dec 2012, it will be another few months before many of us receive he car. Long wait.
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:54   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
In any case the car will mostly be wider than the 1722 mm (minus mirrors) of the new Fiesta. Ford's realized that in general Indians (and other emerging markets consumers ?! ) are wider than taller

Cheers,
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:03   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
In any case the car will mostly be wider than the 1722 mm (minus mirrors) of the new Fiesta. Ford's realized that in general Indians (and other emerging markets consumers ?! ) are wider than taller

Cheers,
Actually being an american company wider would an American given rather than an Indian thing But 2m over the mirrors would make a comfortable 3 seater in the 2nd row. I'm sure Ford must have brought the best packaging experts to work on this.

Secondly ESP would be important if you want to do the Amboli Ghat in this without flying over the edge given the proportions.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:07   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Here's a link from the Facebook page of Ford India about Ecosport:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150716095499790#!/photo.php?v=10150716095499790

This video throws some light on the rear seat, legroom and time of India launch.
Can you please post here the pictures & the content of the Facebook page. I am somehow not able to view it. Getting a message "The content is currently unavailable"

In none of the websites I could see the complete view of the rear seat. In news clip on NDTV in which SVP showed the rear seat of the car, it was not very clear & I could not make out anything about the space. Can anyone get hold of some good pictures clearly indicating the rear seat, centre hump (if any), would there be a rear seat centre armrest? I doubt if there are any rear AC vents.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd April 2012 at 17:19.
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:46   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Can you please post here the pictures & the content of the Facebook page. I am somehow not able to view it. Getting a message "The content is currently unavailable"

In none of the websites I could see the complete view of the rear seat. In news clip on NDTV in which SVP showed the rear seat of the car, it was not very clear & I could not make out anything about the space. Can anyone get hold of some good pictures clearly indicating the rear seat, centre hump (if any), would there be a rear seat centre armrest? I doubt if there are any rear AC vents.
Well, what Ford India page has posted in Facebook is also the same NDTV video clip that is quite unclear. However I've tried my best and have captured a few snapshots, find them below.

All I could make out from the video clip is there are no rear AC vents nor a centre arm rest but a headrest for the fifth occupant too.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-rear-space1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-rear-space2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-rear-seat1.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2012, 20:26   #627
BHPian

Quote:
All I could make out from the video clip is there are no rear AC vents nor a centre arm rest but a headrest for the fifth occupant too.
Seating arrangement reminds me of Fusion. Any idea of driver armrest? I think it is a very usable feature left out by many makers. I wish I had it in my Fusion.

Going by the feature list promised, I predict pocket hole bigger than 10L.
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:38   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleman View Post
Seating arrangement reminds me of Fusion. Any idea of driver armrest? I think it is a very usable feature left out by many makers. I wish I had it in my Fusion.

Going by the feature list promised, I predict pocket hole bigger than 10L.
As MAS has already mentioned in one of the previous posts highlighting the interior differences between Fiesta and Ecosport, it does come with a driver armrest.
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:10   #629
BHPian

Quote:
it does come with a driver armrest.
Thanks Vijay. I missed that one.

In western EU markets, 1.0L Ecoboost is in Ford Focus and I don't see any difference in pricing between 1.6L petrol counterpart (Holland). Indian Fiesta being 1.5L, there is a remote possibility that ecosport can be priced lower compared Fiesta. But none can't be sure since there are subsidies for cars with less CO2 emissions in EU anyways.
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:55   #630
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

In comparison:

Skoda Yeti 2 litre TDi, 103KW, 4x4, Manual Transmission:
Length - 4223mm
Width - 1793mm (without wing mirrors)
Width - 1956mm (including wing mirrors)
Height - 1691mm
Wheelbase -2578mm
GC - 180mm
Kerb Weight- 1543kg
Gross Vehicle Weight -2075Kg
Fuel Tank capacity - 60 litres
Turning Circle diameter - 10metres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Don't know how authentic this website is, but it lists the dimensions of the new Ecosport as mentioned below:

The dimensions of the EcoSport are
Length………… 4,241 mm
Width…………. 2,057 mm
Height………… 1,696 mm
Wheelbase……… 2,521 mm

Source:

Features > 2012 Production Ford EcoSport for India : Images, Specs, Features from Beijing | Riot Engine
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks