Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 13:08   #646
vij
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Thanks for the pics MAS.
From the pics, the car doesnt look like 4.2m+ length. Its quite wide alright. Makes me wonder if the 4.2m spec includes the tyres. The more I see it, the less and less it looks like an SUV.

And seriously Ford, whats the obsession with this color?

Last edited by vij : 24th April 2012 at 13:10.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:11   #647
BHPian

Are all the four suspensions independent? I guess not, would have loved though. May be the car looks its best in this color, but I have never seen any images of this car in any other color (reasons?). I am not a fan on this color, how is it going to look in white, pearl etc.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:53   #648
Senior - BHPian

The production model was unveiled in Beijing Auto Show yesterday. Yahoo has a story on it today. They say it will be priced between Rs 7 to 9 lakh in India. The showroom here said it will be launched before the Pujas but no confirmed dates yet. Keeping fingers crossed. If indeed it is priced at that level, Scorpio better watch out. This one will sting.
Old 24th April 2012, 15:10   #649
BHPian

Interior pics and the overall specifications looks very promising. Hope they stick to what is depicted and not screw up like the interiors in the new Fiesta.

And of course, pricing it appropriately, right from the launch is very crucial as learnt from the case of the Fiesta. Launching it as over priced car and reducing by a lakh or two after 6 months is certainly not going to help.

A general observation, I felt the dashboard a tad bit higher than usual. May pose some visibility problems to the shorter ones. Does any one else felt so too?

Last edited by flyingkolors : 24th April 2012 at 15:11.
flyingkolors is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 15:24   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
And seriously Ford, whats the obsession with this color?
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
May be the car looks its best in this color, but I have never seen any images of this car in any other color (reasons?). I am not a fan on this color, how is it going to look in white, pearl etc.
Just a promo strategy - using a same color, and a distinct one at that, catches our attention better. Remember, all Figo promos showed it in green, with that red dash.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:43   #651
BHPian

some more images from Beijing show

Ford EcoSport production version revealed Photos | Pictures - Yahoo! News India
Old 24th April 2012, 19:08   #652
BHPian

And here's the video that covers Ford Ecosport from all angles. Apparently this video has been released officially by Ford Brazilia. Source: Indian Auto Blog.

I don't understand this- the production version of Brazil doesn't come with a spare wheel cover (it is in fact bolted onto the swing gate with only three nuts if you observe closely, cost cutting? ) while the Chinese and Indian markets get the PAINTED ( ) spare wheel cover that so spoils the look of the car, what logic is that?!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-spare.jpg  

vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 19:12   #653
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post

I don't understand this- the production version of Brazil doesn't come with a spare wheel cover (it is in fact bolted onto the swing gate with only three nuts if you observe closely, cost cutting? ) while the Chinese and Indian markets get the PAINTED ( ) spare wheel cover that so spoils the look of the car, what logic is that?!
Why this kolevari? Just remove the spare cover if you dont like

The video makes it look a bit bigger than what was perceived in the pic. Maybe it is 4.2m. I havnt been to auto expo, but some of you guys have been. Does the vehicle look 4.2m without the wheel? In other words is it decidedly much longer than the Figo?

Last edited by vij : 24th April 2012 at 19:15.
Old 24th April 2012, 19:16   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post

I dont think you need to break your head so much worrying about that. There definitely would be an option to remove the cover if you don't like the looks of it
Old 24th April 2012, 20:24   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thanks MAS. And thanks to the Brazilian brothers. Stunning pics.

Driver armrest is too small IMHO. Might be a stupid question but nonetheless - rear hatch door always should open to the left side?
Old 24th April 2012, 20:36   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleman View Post
Might be a stupid question but nonetheless - rear hatch door always should open to the left side?
Didn't quite get you. Even the Ford India website picture shows that the boot door of the Ecosport opens on the left side (I mean handle on right side & hinges on left side). Refer the picture below.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-recess-boot-door.jpg
Old 24th April 2012, 20:54   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Didn't quite get you. Even the Ford India website picture shows that the boot door of the Ecosport opens on the left side (I mean handle on right side & hinges on left side). Refer the picture below.
Attachment 919960
I have a problem in the way this door hatch opens! When you are in a parking spot, with a car behind you or a wall behind you, this would be very difficult to open to the side.

Now if at all it opens to the side, ergonomically, should it be hinged to the left or the right in India? Hinge on the top is the best, nevertheless.
Old 24th April 2012, 21:24   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Now if at all it opens to the side, ergonomically, should it be hinged to the left or the right in India? Hinge on the top is the best, nevertheless.
This was covered a few pages back. Since the spare wheel is mounted on the boot door, it significantly increases its weight! Now if the hydraulic arm supporting the boot were to fail (with someone standing below), it would result in lots of lawsuits for Ford! Hence the side ways opening of the boot.
This design is present in almost all of the vehicles with the spare mounted on the door.
Old 24th April 2012, 21:26   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFrancis View Post
This design is present in almost all of the vehicles with the spare mounted on the door.
I missed that part of the conversation. Anyway, opening to the left or right, which is best in the case of India?
Old 24th April 2012, 21:28   #660
BHPian

@vineethvazhayil
You echoed my thoughts, could be a pain in parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Didn't quite get you.
Well, from both ergonomic and utilitarian point of view, should the hinge be on the left or on the right side?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks