Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:57   #811
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

This is the first time I have attempted this and yes, I was unable to get the metallic effect especially on the Black and Silver. I am going to try reading some more tutorials and see if I can change that

PS experts amongst are welcome to improve upon the images till then!
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 15:43   #812
BHPian

My attempts at some colours.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecocolours.jpg  

chaudhrysan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:50   #813
Senior - BHPian

Found another good video on the Ecosport, its design language & some key features on the interiors. This video is actually created/uploaded by Ford Asia Pacific. At China Auto Show 2012, Ehab Kaoud, Chief Designer discusses the features of EcoSport which offers a confident stance, a high driving position and robust character on top of the agility, manoeuvrability and fuel efficiency that comes with a compact footprint. It's the perfect combination for the city -- ready for work and ready for play.

What I liked the most in this:
1. The rear door swing gate handle neatly tucked under the tail lamp, opens by the press of a button underneath.
2. 9 beverage holders in the front.
3. Parcel tray under the passenger seat.
4. A very nicely though of 12V socket besides the rear passenger seat entry & a place for a video game/phone storage.

AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:56   #814
BHPian

An attempt at black and (off) white eco.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecobw.jpg  

chaudhrysan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 19:57   #815
BHPian

A chinese car site says the ecodrive will be priced between 1 to 1.3 lac yuan.
Spy Shots: Ford Ecosport testing in China, gets a Chinese name | CarNewsChina.com - China Auto News
Considering RMB to INR conversion factor of 8.73, the price range in India (assuming similar taxes) should be 7.8 to 11.5 lac.
Anybody to vouch for the authenticity of the site?
Call it the curse of the falling rupee. Only last month it would have been a lac cheaper
With a high localization content though the rupee depreciation should not affect the prices too hard.
Old 27th May 2012, 15:19   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
A chinese car site says the ecodrive will be priced between 1 to 1.3 lac yuan.
Spy Shots: Ford Ecosport testing in China, gets a Chinese name | CarNewsChina.com - China Auto News
Considering RMB to INR conversion factor of 8.73, the price range in India (assuming similar taxes) should be 7.8 to 11.5 lac.
Anybody to vouch for the authenticity of the site?
Call it the curse of the falling rupee. Only last month it would have been a lac cheaper
With a high localization content though the rupee depreciation should not affect the prices too hard.
The initial rush for the car will be less if the price is high and those really eager to get it will get it faster. In case the demand is low due to the high price (anything above 8 lakh on road for a 3 cyl sub 4 metre car is high price), Ford has a track record of lowering its price later. So, it matters not what the initial price is.
Old 27th May 2012, 18:28   #817
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Himanshu I love that colour you have called squeeze!
And chaudrysan that Jungle green is wonderful!

You chaps should get some sort of reward from the ford boys considering they dont appear as interested in sharing info about their offering as some of our colleagues om the forum are!
Old 28th May 2012, 11:34   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
This is the first time I have attempted this and yes, I was unable to get the metallic effect especially on the Black and Silver. I am going to try reading some more tutorials and see if I can change that

PS experts amongst are welcome to improve upon the images till then!
Amazing work himanshu! When i see the the rendition, it shows how much effort u have taken! I too have been browsing the website to see the ford eco-sport in silver but was thrilled to see it in different colours for a start at least! it certainly helps & keeps the interest alive! its members like you which makes Team BHP the best forum on automobiles! Cheers!

Last edited by urajkumar : 28th May 2012 at 11:35.
Old 28th May 2012, 16:08   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
Himanshu I love that colour you have called squeeze!
And chaudrysan that Jungle green is wonderful!

You chaps should get some sort of reward from the ford boys considering they dont appear as interested in sharing info about their offering as some of our colleagues om the forum are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar

Amazing work himanshu! When i see the the rendition, it shows how much effort u have taken! I too have been browsing the website to see the ford eco-sport in silver but was thrilled to see it in different colours for a start at least! it certainly helps & keeps the interest alive! its members like you which makes Team BHP the best forum on automobiles! Cheers!
Thank you so much for appreciating my maiden effort.

Shankar, all my renditions have been inspired from the current Fiesta color palette!
And Raj, I wish I could get the metallic effect to the Silver but hope I got the shade right!

Coming to the EcoSport, I am sort of disappointed by the sub-4 metre length and the power output of the diesel mill. Hoping Sweet pricing at ford's end and a tuning box can take care of that!
Old 1st June 2012, 22:37   #820
BHPian

Finally! The EcoSport has been caught undisguised in different colours!
Source : Leitores flagram novo EcoSport e Focus III sem camuflagens*|*Autos Segredos

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-leitoresflagramnovoecosportefocusiiisemcamuflagem1.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-leitoresflagramnovoecosportefocusiiisemcamuflagem3.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-leitoresflagramnovoecosportefocusiiisemcamuflagem7.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-leitoresflagramnovoecosportefocusiiisemcamuflagem13.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-leitoresflagramnovoecosportefocusiiisemcamuflagem14.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-leitoresflagramnovoecosportefocusiiisemcamuflagem15.jpg
ChrisFrancis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 23:39   #821
MAS
Senior - BHPian

In reality the Ecosport looks like a hatch that has gone to a gym. It looks anything but a SUV. The Duster on the other hand looks like a proper SUV.

Ford has invested a lot into this model. I'm not sure how far they are going to be successful.
Old 2nd June 2012, 00:04   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
In reality the Ecosport looks like a hatch that has gone to a gym. It looks anything but a SUV. The Duster on the other hand looks like a proper SUV.
Neither do BMW X1 or Audi Q3. But still they are marketed as compact SUVs, and by the looks of things, the X1 is doing better than the 3 series in the market.

Quote:
Ford has invested a lot into this model. I'm not sure how far they are going to be successful.
I feel there is no need for being so pessimistic about this car's future, after all, Indians love their SUVs. And realistically speaking, this will *most probably* make more horses in its Diesel Avatar than the upcoming Diesel Duster.

Last edited by antz.bin : 2nd June 2012 at 00:06.
Old 2nd June 2012, 06:39   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

This may sound little off but here my analogy to ford's ecosport strategy - it is like IPL. Indians like cricket and bollywood. You roll it into one and into small enough chunks so people can watch it quickly and you have a winner - even though the cricket purists debate the quality of the cricket or the real ability of ipl stars.

Ford took the aspirational need for an suv, our 'kitna deta hai' mindset and made it small/cheap enough for many to buy it. The actual suv capabilities are debatable but it will sell...
Old 2nd June 2012, 06:48   #824
BHPian

Quote:

I think it's more to do with the pictures and the aspect ratio's in them. In reality it looks very much the mini-SUV.
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:25   #825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
This may sound little off but here my analogy to ford's ecosport strategy - it is like IPL. Indians like cricket and bollywood. You roll it into one and into small enough chunks so people can watch it quickly and you have a winner - even though the cricket purists debate the quality of the cricket or the real ability of ipl stars.
Ford took the aspirational need for an suv, our 'kitna deta hai' mindset and made it small/cheap enough for many to buy it. The actual suv capabilities are debatable but it will sell...
Not so sure of that analogy. We don’t need to be so negative about the Ecosport. Across the world, there is a good market for the cross-over cars, which offers (almost) sedan /hatchback like driving experience, and some good virtues of traditional SUVs. Crossovers, IMO are not made to be cheap, or to cater the ‘Kitna deta hai’ mindset. The trouble is when we call these cars SUVs, and expect them to be a master in that (like a Pajero).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks