Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 19:52   #856
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

IAB has reported a near production model spotted in Chennai. The model was top end Titanium TDCi version with no fog lamps and chrome on front frills.

Looks like the launch is not very far.

Source : Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCI snagged without camouflage
bnzjon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 00:19   #857
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
IAB has reported a near production model spotted in Chennai. The model was top end Titanium TDCi version with no fog lamps and chrome on front frills.

I was about to report the same. You are one step ahead..

I did not expect Ford to bring out this test mule without any camouflage. I was thoroughly surprised to look at the photos. The car looks good in the photos. I hope Ford prices it sensibly and does not get carried away with the Renault Duster's pricing (I know the prices are notreleased yet).
Old 17th June 2012, 22:58   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon

If I remember right, for the figo too, ford did quite a few months of 'no camouflage' road tests.

Based on the ford interview published in the latest Autocar India, I feel getting the suppliers to deliver the right quality will take ford some time. As the Figo was also launched in Jan, guess Ford will stick to the January launch for Ecosport too.
Old 17th June 2012, 23:56   #859
Senior - BHPian

It also seems a timely move by Ford to attract few fence sitters to hold their decision for some more time since Duster launch is one and half weeks away.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:28   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post

Guys, a request !
Can someone please copy and paste the image here. The image in the link is not showing. Saving the picture is not working and Flickr is blocked at work.
Old 18th June 2012, 16:34   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, a request !
Can someone please copy and paste the image here. The image in the link is not showing. Saving the picture is not working and Flickr is blocked at work.
The TDCi badge in the pictures is not very prominent. However you can have a look at it over here.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-tdci1.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-tdci2.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-tdci3.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 16:43   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The TDCi badge in the pictures is not very prominent. However you can have a look at it over here.
Thanks AutoIndian!!
The pics looks great! Looks like ,the Ecosport would have a tremendous road presence . Looks bigger than the pics that were posted from the Auto-Expo show.
Can anyone comment how big it would be, in comparison to any other identical sized car ?

The alloys are great, if they would come stock with the vehicle.
Are the rear boot door left opening ? IMO it would have been great if the rear boot door is top opening. Would have been ideal for camping.
Frankly, I am too impressed with the pics as of yet. . Will be waiting for the complete details.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 18th June 2012 at 16:44.
Old 18th June 2012, 16:50   #863
Senior - BHPian

With the launch of the 2 BabySuvs around the corner, things are getting very interesting.

The Ecosport is a city bred Metrosexual Man while the Duster is your hardy and trusted working class man. I get the feeling that the Ecosport may have an advantage here, at least in the cities.

The Advantage with the Duster is that no one will ever call it a chick mobile but the Ecosport has the potential of being called a chick mobile and that perception can turn off many men.

Overall I'm really excited to see new car options in the market. Back in the day when i was in college it was either a hatch or a sedan. SUVs definitely feel more youthful and gel with that lifestyle.
Old 18th June 2012, 16:54   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks AutoIndian!!
The pics looks great! Looks like ,the Ecosport would have a tremendous road presence . Looks bigger than the pics that were posted from the Auto-Expo show.
Can anyone comment how big it would be, in comparison to any other identical sized car ?
My pleasure. The angles at which the above shots have been taken make it look larger than it actually is. Dimensions are not out yet, but length is surely within 4 m (excluding the tail gate mounted spare wheel). Once it gets launched in China/Brazil, we will come to know the actual dimensions.

Quote:
The alloys are great, if they would come stock with the vehicle. Are the rear boot door left opening ? IMO it would have been great if the rear boot door is top opening. Would have been ideal for camping. Frankly, I am too impressed with the pics as of yet. . Will be waiting for the complete details.
For LHD countries (China/Brazil) the tailgate opens towards left (hinged on the left side). For RHD countries like India/UK etc it would be the opposite way, i.e opening on RHS, similar to other SUVs/MUVs, which are having a swing gate. Had it been a top opening tailgate then Ford would have needed to provide a ladder along with the car in order to close it . I mean the opened gate would rise to such a height that an average man/lady won't be able to reach the handle standing on the ground
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 17:42   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Had it been a top opening tailgate then Ford would have needed to provide a ladder along with the car in order to close it . I mean the opened gate would rise to such a height that an average man/lady won't be able to reach the handle standing on the ground
Hehe!! Don't think so the ladder would be needed.
At the most the height of the door wouldn't in any case be exceeding 6ft, which would be easy even for an averaged size male of 5ft 5inches to grab the handle and pull it down. What do you say ?
Old 18th June 2012, 17:54   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hehe!! Don't think so the ladder would be needed.
At the most the height of the door wouldn't in any case be exceeding 6ft, which would be easy even for an averaged size male of 5ft 5inches to grab the handle and pull it down. What do you say ?
Imagine a lady 5' height driving an Ecosport. Would her hand reach the 6 feet level. May be yes, but with great difficulty. Also door in this case would be held in upward position with 2 hydraulic telescopic shafts. Bringing down such a door from that height would require great effort, not at all ergonomic design. I am not aware of any MUV/SUV having an upward swinging tailgate, do you know of any such MUV/SUV?
Old 18th June 2012, 18:00   #867
BHPian

Any idea whether the steering wheel was on the left side or right side on that silver ecosport mule that was caught?
Old 18th June 2012, 18:12   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian

Imagine a lady 5' height driving an Ecosport. Would her hand reach the 6 feet level. May be yes, but with great difficulty. Also door in this case would be held in upward position with 2 hydraulic telescopic shafts. Bringing down such a door from that height would require great effort, not at all ergonomic design. I am not aware of any MUV/SUV having an upward swinging tailgate, do you know of any such MUV/SUV?
Actually the Yeti has an upward swinging tailgate and it goes up well above 6 ft when open and my wife who is 5' 2" goes through the exact situation which you mentioned! There is a small tug handle on the door, but that is also just outside her reach and she has to jump to close the tailgate.
The Ecosport has a side opening tailgate which will definitely be convenient for short drivers, but the drawback is that it needs a lot more swing area space to open.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 18:24   #869
Senior - BHPian

I spotted the same white car undisguised on the Tindivanam highway last week. Had good presence, as i managed to notice it even though it was going in the opposite lane.

I guess the launch is very close now..
Old 18th June 2012, 19:12   #870
BHPian

I guess, Ford is uncovering just to tempt away any potential Duster customers. These people would want to wait and see before choosing either of them.
Good thinking by Ford, IMO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks