Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 14:01   #886
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The idea behind mounting the spare-wheel on the boot-lid would have been for the purpose of liberating as much boot space as possible.
Yes, Ford has made good use of a loophole in Indian small car regulations(<4m), which measure a car's length minus the spare wheel. In international markets the spare wheel is also counted as part of the length.

Last edited by Daewood : 20th June 2012 at 14:04.
Old 20th June 2012, 14:38   #887
Senior - BHPian

I saw a bunch of Ecosports on the NH between Tindivanam and Chennai a few days back. Will upload the pics in the night.
Old 20th June 2012, 15:02   #888
Senior - BHPian

Is Ford now rallying the EcoSports around to create a buzz and to cause confusion in the minds of the Duster Buyer. As a potential buyer i may feel its better to wait for the Ecosport as its around the corner and then make a decision. Love the games Auto companies play.
Old 20th June 2012, 15:04   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Is Ford now rallying the EcoSports around to create a buzz and to cause confusion in the minds of the Duster Buyer. As a potential buyer i may feel its better to wait for the Ecosport as its around the corner and then make a decision. Love the games Auto companies play.
I think they did the same thing with Fiesta vs Verna. But it worked against them
Old 20th June 2012, 15:12   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think they did the same thing with Fiesta vs Verna. But it worked against them
True That. But in that case i felt they made a mess of the pricing and the fiesta really doesn't match up to the Verna in areas that matter to the avg indian customer.

With the Ecosport they have a fresh looking car and it really does look next gen as opposed to the utilitarian nature of the Duster. Also, the Ecosport top end is expected to have more equipment, certainly an ACC thats missing in the Duster.
Old 20th June 2012, 15:44   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it was me, I would get this now since the Duster looks so to me. Looks okish only from rear quarter.
Old 20th June 2012, 17:11   #892
BHPian

The problem will be pricing and the fact that only Petrol will be launched. Diesel launch seems to be too far off. Even if Ford does not lose customers to Duster, they will lose them to the Diesel sedans.
Old 20th June 2012, 17:17   #893
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
The problem will be pricing and the fact that only Petrol will be launched. Diesel launch seems to be too far off. Even if Ford does not lose customers to Duster, they will lose them to the Diesel sedans.
I think Ford will launch both Petrol & Diesel together, as they did for the Fiesta. I see no reason not to launch the Diesel as they will have to put the Fiesta's TDCi into the Ecosport. Also, the test mules have a TDCi heart doing the rounds.
Old 20th June 2012, 17:56   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I think Ford will launch both Petrol & Diesel together, as they did for the Fiesta. I see no reason not to launch the Diesel as they will have to put the Fiesta's TDCi into the Ecosport. Also, the test mules have a TDCi heart doing the rounds.
That is good news. By Jan (I assume Ford will launch it in Jan'13), we will have more customer feedback about Duster. Hopefully both Duster and EcoSport will be priced sensibly...then we will have a choice in this new 'mini-suv' space
Old 20th June 2012, 20:07   #895
Senior - BHPian

The way it looks it is going to be a premium-mini SUV in the tune of 12 lacs OTR. I dont think this will compete with the sub 5 lac Mini Xylo
Old 20th June 2012, 20:45   #896
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Lovely to see things hotting up!
Great news for consumers!

It has taken the arrival of all these International majors to cause so much action in this space. Left to our homegrown dudes, I guess they would have been quite content to remain as lackadaisical as they were in the 1980's - 1990's.
Old 20th June 2012, 21:40   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice set of pics of both Diesel & Petrol versions. I am surprised that the Titanium versions dont come with fog lamps too, in addition to some bits already pointed out! Hope they become sensible with the pricing. I see a bigger chance since I feel Duster will force Ford to price it good, add to it Mini Xylo too [expected].
Old 20th June 2012, 22:20   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice set of pics of both Diesel & Petrol versions. I am surprised that the Titanium versions dont come with fog lamps too, in addition to some bits already pointed out! .
I can clearly see a Ford strategy of introducing the Ecosport at a good price point to create demand.

If you remember the initial Figo Titanium never had fog lamps or alloy wheels, now it has all that but at a much higher price point.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:06   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I just noticed that the Titanium TDCi also does not have the reverse parking assits.

I seriously hope these are just test mules being taken for a joy rides and not the end product. Ford could be doing this to take away from shine from Duster's Launch in the next few weeks.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Guys you all are spot on. Now that we are being bombarded with Duster info from all directions, Ford does not want to take any chances. Proof of this, the below mailer that I got from Ford today (I have spilt it into 2 pictures).

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-mailer-21june201201jpg.jpg
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-mailer-21june201202.jpg

The Mini-SUV wars have literally begun here in India & that too in very tough economic conditions. At least this makes the Auto companies price their cars sanely & not beat the "aspirational" & "premiumness" drums. Indeed good times ahead for us enthusiasts

Last edited by AutoIndian : 21st June 2012 at 14:10.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:38   #900
BHPian

Wish Ford announce some dates. This 'coming soon' is not helping me as I am in the market for a car (compact SUV or wagon) for immediate purchase. I can possibly wait a month or two more.
Good that Duster is already announced and this will make Ford price Ecosport in an acceptable range.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks