Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2012, 10:20   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

I don't doubt the space and comfort of a sub-4 metre car after sitting in the Honda Jazz. The boot space has not been sacrificed for want of space as well. If Ford manages to do the packaging well, then I think we would have a car with enough space for 5 and luggage for the weekend. Also the Ecosport looks pretty wide from the outside, so I am hoping it would translate into more shoulder room on the inside.
Old 7th July 2012, 12:12   #1067
BHPian

If this site is to be believed the Ford Ecosport in Brazil to be priced @ 53490 Brazil real and that is equivalent to 14.9 L INR. ( Ford Ecosport launch in Brazil on 14 July, Price 53,490 | MotorBash.com ) But seems like the cost of cars in Brazil is high because entry level Honda City is 56210 Brazil Real. This Ecosports is sporting a 1.6 duratec Engine. And they are saying the launch is on July 14th ..

So In India the price for the base model would be around 7.24 as I predicted in this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2821523 post
Old 7th July 2012, 12:31   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
So In India the price for the base model would be around 7.24 as I predicted in this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2821523 post
That is a good guesstimate. However as we have seen in the case of Duster pricing, there is a vast difference of Duster prices in the UK & in India. The better specced Duster in UK seems to be more VFM that its Indian sibbling, this despite the fact that it is manufactured here in India & then exported to the UK. There are many factors, which finally make up the product price viz.
  1. Import duties
  2. Extent of localization.
  3. Central government taxes.
  4. State government taxes.
  5. Local government (Municipal Corporation) taxes & the list can go on & on
Rather than going into the complexities of pricing, we should:
  1. make it clear in our mind what are we expecting from the product.
  2. check if it meets all (or majority) of our requirements
  3. decide on what price we are ready to pay
  4. list out what the product is offering vis-a-vis the competition @ what price
Old 7th July 2012, 12:55   #1069
Senior - BHPian

After Duster's disappointing(?) over pricing (which IMHO is unwarranted, after they can't make a car out of thin air) all eyes are on EcoSport.

Waiting to see if they do a Figo or New Ford Fiesta with it.
Old 7th July 2012, 16:54   #1070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I don't doubt the space and comfort of a sub-4 metre car after sitting in the Honda Jazz. The boot space has not been
sacrificed for want of space as well. If Ford manages to do the packaging well, then I think we would have a car with enough space for 5 and luggage for
the weekend. Also the Ecosport looks pretty wide from the outside, so I am hoping it would translate into more shoulder room on the inside.
Agree to what you say Aravind, but I think preferences may differ. For example, Jazz does has amazing space, however to leg room is a bit questionable
when doing long distances. We did check out the Jazz, but were not happy with it. I guess that is again because I would have been expecting something
like the Fusion. I found my Fusion more spacious. Hence I thought that may be because of the sub 4m length.

But truly as you said, it also depends on the boot size optimization. We may a see wider Ecosport. But if they dont optimize the boot, then we would again
get a cramped back seat.

Having said I am not looking at a Sunny sized comfort. But some decent amount of leg space, at least what I see in my Fusion. (That I did not find in Jazz.
And I have lesser hopes of seeing it in Ecosport. Though it may be wide. Sincerely hope I am wrong here)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 17:37   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

Agree to what you say Aravind, but I think preferences may differ. For example, Jazz does has amazing space, however to leg room is a bit questionable
when doing long distances. We did check out the Jazz, but were not happy with it. I guess that is again because I would have been expecting something
like the Fusion. I found my Fusion more spacious. Hence I thought that may be because of the sub 4m length.

But truly as you said, it also depends on the boot size optimization. We may a see wider Ecosport. But if they dont optimize the boot, then we would again
get a cramped back seat.

Having said I am not looking at a Sunny sized comfort. But some decent amount of leg space, at least what I see in my Fusion. (That I did not find in Jazz.
And I have lesser hopes of seeing it in Ecosport. Though it may be wide. Sincerely hope I am wrong here)
Isn't the fusion also <4m. AFAIK it is just below 4 meters. I find the front passenger seat of the jazz to be rather uncomfortable. As far as the pics are concerned, the ecosport seems to have more legroom than the fusion and the jazz.
Old 7th July 2012, 17:43   #1072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Isn't the fusion also <4m. AFAIK it is just below 4 meters. I find the front passenger seat of the jazz to be rather uncomfortable. As far as the pics are concerned,
the ecosport seems to have more legroom than the fusion and the jazz.
Its just above 4m (4018mm). But still I found it to be comfortable (both front and back seat). I think as Aravind mentioned, its not just about length alone. It depends on boot optimization.
Having said that Jazz length is 3900mm. So definitely the 120mm difference shows up.
Old 7th July 2012, 18:30   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats the old Fiesta or the new one? I tried the new Fiesta, but just could find it comfortable in back seat.
May be thats because I got used to a bit more space in Fusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
+1

I think it is the older Fiesta he is talking about. His Avatar also shows the old Fiesta.
Yup, it is the old Fiesta sxi. But the rear seat of the Fusion is far more roomy.

I also agree that the front seats of the new Fiesta are really great.
Old 7th July 2012, 21:36   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its just above 4m (4018mm). But still I found it to be comfortable (both front and back seat). I think as Aravind mentioned, its not just about length alone. It depends on boot optimization.
Having said that Jazz length is 3900mm. So definitely the 120mm difference shows up.
The second generation Fusion was lesser than 4 M . They achieved this by cutting the size of the rear bumper ..
Old 7th July 2012, 23:55   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
The second generation Fusion was lesser than 4 M . They achieved this by cutting the size of the rear bumper ..
I also think the same. The diesel was a Small car but the Petrol says its a big car as the engine power was not meeting the criteria. The price diff was not much for Diesel and Petrol too.
OT :- My fusion basic model has many feature that Duster has provided in high end model. And the + version with ABS/Alloy,ICE price was quite close to basic version.
Old 8th July 2012, 01:34   #1076
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes the original version was longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
I also think the same. The diesel was a Small car but the Petrol says its a big car as the engine power was not meeting the criteria. The price diff was not much for Diesel and Petrol too.
OT :- My fusion basic model has many feature that Duster has provided in high end model. And the + version with ABS/Alloy,ICE price was quite close to basic version.
Even the Fusion + which was initially released did not have an ABS.
It was sold as an optional item. But apart from that it had every thing.
Old 8th July 2012, 08:48   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
It would be the same case for the Ecosport as well, as it would be using the existing engines from the Global Fiesta and the additional Fox engine. So now with this much smaller price difference, it would be much harder if not impossible to push the petrol variants off the shelf!
And its good to see that Renault has passed on the excise duty bebnefits to the customers without being overtly greedy!
Old 10th July 2012, 13:14   #1078
BHPian

Don't know if this is shared already. Here is the Motor Vikatan link on more details (in Tamil)
Ford Ecosport - What is special?
Some important points
- Testing without camouflage done to gauge the fuel economy accurately (without added weight)
- Diesel could be 12 lakhs
- 5 speed manual for now and possibly 6 speed dual clutch auto gearbox later
- lot of creature comforts - cooled glove box, bluetooth, secret compartment, 20 cup holders
- hill launch assist
- dashboard is Fiesta's - blue lights instead of orange
- start button (key less)
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 13:48   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Waiting to see if they do a Figo or New Ford Fiesta with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yup, it is the old Fiesta sxi. But the rear seat of the Fusion is far more roomy.
I also agree that the front seats of the new Fiesta are really great.
So then, we want in the new Ecosport:
- front seats and interior quality of new Fiesta
- rear seat of Fusion
- pricing strategy of Figo

I suspect Ford is going to jumble this up in some way. Maybe its better for me to kep expectations low and be surprised than keep high expectations and be let down.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 14:26   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport is going to be launched on 14th July in Brazil, if the following report from carblogindia is to be believed. It has some good pictures of the Ecosport is varied colours at one recently held event called Ecosport Parade in Brazil

Ford EcoSport Launch In Brazil On 14 July 2012- Details, Pictures
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks