Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 14:42   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

@ AutoIndian, thanks! It looks nice in Black! I am confused between this and Mini Xylo and Ertiga; Duster is clearly overpriced.
Old 10th July 2012, 16:09   #1082
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to my contact in MPL Ford. He said that Ford has an internal plan to launch it in Jan 2013 in India.
Old 10th July 2012, 16:50   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
@ AutoIndian, thanks! It looks nice in Black! I am confused between this and Mini Xylo and Ertiga; Duster is clearly overpriced.
If you are in the market & want to get your car in this year itself, then there is no other option but the Ertiga (as the Duster is ruled out due to its pricing according to you). Ecosport will hit the Indian roads early next year & only then we will come to know about its pricing. Mini Xylo is still a car on paper. Though test mules have been spotted now & then, there in concrete information coming from M&M or any other reliable source about its exact launch date, so you can easily rule that out as well.

SO now no confusion, it is only the Ertiga. period
Old 10th July 2012, 19:03   #1084
BHPian

After hearing some updates early from @himanshugoswamy and some one else said that the launch would be only in 2013 may, I called up the Ford contact which I have and the news remains the same. In November the display car woudl be there. May be by October itself the booking would start and the delivery would be fom Jan 2013.
Old 10th July 2012, 20:33   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
After hearing some updates early from @himanshugoswamy and some one else said that the launch would be only in 2013 may, I called up the Ford contact which I have and the news remains the same. In November the display car woudl be there. May be by October itself the booking would start and the delivery would be fom Jan 2013.
Hope that is true. Keeping my fingers crossed!

But I don't trust Ford, keeping in mind the launch of the New Fiesta. They bungled big time and lost the market to the New Verna. Both timing and pricing was bad.

And the post on the prior page on the expected price of the diesel is disheartening.
Old 12th July 2012, 22:22   #1086
Senior - BHPian

I believe the EcoBoost engine on the Ford F150 costs $ 3000 more than the normal petrol counterpart in the US.

I heard this from my uncle in the US who bought one yesterday. This being the case, I wonder how they are going to price it in India, though the one here will be a 1 litre engine, compared to the 3.5 Litre engine on the F150.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:23   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I believe the EcoBoost engine on the Ford F150 costs $ 3000 more than the normal petrol counterpart in the US.

I heard this from my uncle in the US who bought one yesterday. This being the case, I wonder how they are going to price it in India, though the one here will be a 1 litre engine, compared to the 3.5 Litre engine on the F150.
If petrol variant of EcoSport is not cheaper than Diesel variant by at least 50K the petrol variant will not sell. This has been seen clearly in most small cars (swift, Figo, Punto etc.) and sedans (Linea, Sunny, City).
Old 13th July 2012, 10:52   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
If petrol variant of EcoSport is not cheaper than Diesel variant by at least 50K the petrol variant will not sell. This has been seen clearly in most small cars (swift, Figo, Punto etc.) and sedans (Linea, Sunny, City).
If we look at the current Fiesta pricing then the petrol variant is cheaper than the diesel one by at least a lakh rupees. We cannot expect the same difference between the petrol & diesel Ecosport, reason being the 1.0L Ecoboost engine & the under 4m length.

Ford has the flexibility of pricing the Ecosport in a very large band if they plonk the 1.5L TiVCT engine from the current Fiesta under the bonnet of Ecosport.

The different combinations would then be:
1. Ecosport with a 1.5L TiVCT engine (Even though length under 4m, petrol engine size above 1.2L, hence in the higher excise duty bracket)
2. Ecosport with a 1.0L Ecoboost engine (Length under 4m, petrol engine size below 1.2L, hence in the lower excise duty bracket)
3. Ecosport with a 1.5L TDCi egine (Length under 4m, diesel engine size below 1.5L, hence in the lower excise duty bracket)

If for each of the above engine options if we have a Style, Trend, Titanium & Titanium+ variants, then we are looking at 12 variants of the Ecosport. So many variants would be too complicated to manage. Even if they manage to come out with 7-8 variants, they can play the pricing game very effectively. Over to you Ford
Old 14th July 2012, 14:20   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Novo EcoSport 2012 - Fronteiras - Site Oficial da Ford

The Brazil Ecosport site is up & running & why shouldn't it be as today is the day when the new Ecosport is going to be launched in Brazil.

The site is laced with many promotions, games, video contests etc. Its very colourful & funky, I believe the target market is the young & happening crowd. It has some interviews with the testing engineers & some similar stuff. I tried very hard to get hold of the brochure but was not successful. May be by tonight (IST) or tomorrow early morning the prices & brochures would be out, so all the speculations on the specifications can be laid to rest.

Till then explore & enjoy the Novo Ecosport website
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 18:07   #1090
BHPian

Site Oficial da Ford Brasil In brazil only 1.6 duretec engine is available . So ecoboost engine may come along with India in brazil as well
Old 15th July 2012, 18:17   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Any news about the Brazil launch? It was supposed to be yesterday
Old 15th July 2012, 23:56   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Any news about the Brazil launch? It was supposed to be yesterday
There are some information on the official prices for the brazilian model. Check the below link

Converting the listed price in to INR comes to circa 14 lacs to 18 lacs across 3 variants.

Last edited by bnzjon : 15th July 2012 at 23:59.
Old 16th July 2012, 00:59   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Converting the listed price in to INR comes to circa 14 lacs to 18 lacs across 3 variants.
These prices ain't a true reflection of what is going to be Ford's pricing structure in India because of couple of reasons;

1. Ford EcoSport will be heavily localized.
2. The tax structure is different for a sub-4 meter vehicle in India

& mated with a less than 1.2L engine(some more benefits) we can expect the pricing to be really aggressive.
Old 16th July 2012, 03:07   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I don't doubt the space and comfort of a sub-4 metre car after sitting in the Honda Jazz. The boot space has not been sacrificed for want of space as well. If Ford manages to do the packaging well, then I think we would have a car with enough space for 5 and luggage for the weekend. Also the Ecosport looks pretty wide from the outside, so I am hoping it would translate into more shoulder room on the inside.
Just about the only way a short-length car can give you good space for front and rear occupants while also providing decent room in the boot is by eating into the bonnet length (which is seen in the Jazz - that it remains debatable as to whether the space it offers is adequate or not is another matter).

I'm happy the Ecosport does not look like it's one of those un-handsome cab-forward designs with a discounted snout! But the downside is that you can be sure there's no way for even the smartest designer to give you bonnet length+front seat legroom+rear seat legroom+luggage space in under 4 metres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
....Some important points
- Testing without camouflage done to gauge the fuel economy accurately (without added weight)
- Diesel could be 12 lakhs
- 5 speed manual for now and possibly 6 speed dual clutch auto gearbox later
- lot of creature comforts - cooled glove box, bluetooth, secret compartment, 20 cup holders
- hill launch assist
- dashboard is Fiesta's - blue lights instead of orange
- start button (key less)
I think the likeliest pricing region is 12L for the diesel - pegging it on par with the Duster (of course, for the same features) seems natural because Ford would love Renault for not forcing it into a corner on the pricing front. This means that the lowest benchmark for price for an SUV will probably remain the Scorpio and Safari; nobody seems to be looking to take the game down from there.

One more area of concern is interior design. Looks like we're stuck with either the weird triangular and angular shapes in the name of being futuristic or drab and dull 80s interiors (which seem worse due to price/quality constraints) from among the existing and upcoming options.

Last edited by skandyhere : 16th July 2012 at 03:08.
Old 18th July 2012, 14:41   #1095
BHPian

News > Michael Boneham hints at a different diesel mill for the EcoSport | Riot Engine
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks