Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 21:05   #1951
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think three medium height (5.5 to 5.8) adults can easily fit in the rear with decent spacing. Six footers? Yes that would be a problem.
Am I missing something here? How does the height of co-passengers affect the number that can sit abreast in a given space (width)?
Old 26th December 2012, 21:11   #1952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Am I missing something here? How does the height of co-passengers affect the number that can sit abreast in a given space (width)?
He's probably equating height with weight and chest dimensions. Taller people kind of need more space abreast, unless they're stick figures.
Old 26th December 2012, 21:20   #1953
Team-BHP Support

Yes, these cars are just about as spacious as large hatchbacks like the Jazz. I'd say the Sail U-VA and the Liva are equal in terms of space, or maybe even more. The difference is marginal The Duster's advantage is the large boot.

With many of them being spotted with nearly no disguise, I'd say the launch is not far. But deliveries might take a few months. Fingers crossed on the pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
unless they're stick figures.
Old 26th December 2012, 22:04   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

With many of them being spotted with nearly no disguise, I'd say the launch is not far. But deliveries might take a few months. Fingers crossed on the pricing
Ford never launches the car and then wait for the delivery, so we can expect the launch to happen in Feb End and the cars will be available in the road by March.
Old 26th December 2012, 22:11   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think three medium height (5.5 to 5.8) adults can easily fit in the rear with decent spacing. Six footers? Yes that would be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
He's probably equating height with weight and chest dimensions. Taller people kind of need more space abreast, unless they're stick figures.
Probably he meant three medium 'Width' adults, say below 36 inch waist size, and his six footers mean 40 inch plus waist sizes. It is incorrect to state that tall guys will always be wide as well. Just like you have shorter people who can be fat or thin, likewise you have tall guys who can be fat or thin. Not to worry, we get the drift!
Old 26th December 2012, 22:31   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post

Ford never launches the car and then wait for the delivery, so we can expect the launch to happen in Feb End and the cars will be available in the road by March.
Interesting point. Does anybody else concur with this? Was this the case with the new fiesta and Figo as well?
Old 26th December 2012, 23:41   #1957
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post

+1 to @ redliner. That's what I meant. Just expected six footers to need a bit more wide space.

Basically what I meant was Duster can easily seat three medium built folks. Provides good leg room too.
Old 27th December 2012, 00:10   #1958
BHPian

I tried to do a quick comparison of widths and lengths of Yeti, Duster, Ecosport and Fiesta. Might seem odd to include the Fiesta in the comparison but I have considered it because Ecosport and Fiesta share the same platform, and seem to have similar characteristics, and for Ford these siblings will actually compete with each other.

For the visual comparison, I googled for vector images of these cars and scaled them to their actual proportions.

Also comparing the widths without considering ORVMs seems to cause lot of confusion, so for this comparison I have included the widths considering both the mirrors.

Here is comparison of dimensions (all figures in mm)
Name:  widths.png
Views: 4053
Size:  4.4 KB

Comparison of widths - Ecosport is widest considering rear view mirrors:
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-front.jpg

Comparison of lengths - Duster is longest, but the Ecosport does not *look* too small in comparison with other three cars -
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-side.jpg

IMHO the Ecosport will have a pretty good road presence, and will look more than a hatch on stilts.
MandarMax is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 07:49   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prady16 View Post
Interesting point. Does anybody else concur with this? Was this the case with the new fiesta and Figo as well?
We had a dedicated booking and delivery issues thread for the Figo. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ry-issues.html

No manufacturer can help the delivery delay when the car is a runaway success. If the EcoSport is priced well and given the current market dynamics, I except the Ford to run into waiting period.

It is actually a very good problem to have for Ford. Read up this excellent thread to understand why is it so. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-cars-why.html

And a little birdie tells me the launch is in April. I am not very certain though.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 09:56   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Had a chat with the Ford sales team at Trivandrum over the weekend.

They acknowledged that there were three models in Trivandrum - the 1.0L Ecoboost, 1.6 Petrol and the 1.5 Diesel - for testing. They were to complete 2000 kms of testing while they are here, as part of completing 200,000 kms across all road conditions in India.

The Ecosport is expected to be launched in February.
Based on the info shared to RobC by the Ford sales team at Trivandrum, Ecosports would complete 200,000 km across India before the launch. If that be the case, launch getting pushed to March or April wouldn't be surprising.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:08   #1961
BHPian

[quote=
And a little birdie tells me the launch is in April. I am not very certain though.[/quote]

Everybody is having his own flock of birdies and birdies are proving to be inconsitent

Regarding the road presence, different folks have expressed different opinions, so unless we see it in flesh will not be appropriate to comment.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:19   #1962
BHPian

This recent photo of Ecosport being tested in India shows that the rear door handle is on the right hand side.

http://motorbash.com/wp-content/uplo...ue-India-5.jpg

Most probably this is a pre-production vehicle and hopefully Ford will make the necessary changes.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:24   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
This recent photo of Ecosport being tested in India shows that the rear door handle is on the right hand side.

http://motorbash.com/wp-content/uplo...ue-India-5.jpg

Most probably this is a pre-production vehicle and hopefully Ford will make the necessary changes.
I don't think they will make the changes and this topic has been discussed previously on this thread.Ecosport will have tailgate opening towards the left side in our market as well
Old 27th December 2012, 13:36   #1964
Senior - BHPian

The car isn't even launched and we started wondering as to how many will fit in it. Guys, this isn't a people mover. Sportiness and space do not go hand in hand. Ferrari is all sporty and impractical. We all know how many it seats. Innova is all about space and we all know how "sporty" it looks. These two may be extreme cases but I was just trying to drive home the point. An average Eco buyer is not smeone who stuffs his car with people. Most would be occupying this car alone 90 % of the time. So why all this fuss about space? Look at front-view sketch of Eco at post#1958 above. High-bonnet, butch looks! Heck, it looks better than many 50-60 lakh SUVs. And it is sub-10 lakh car. Isn't that enough? I see a stunning looking car being launched here. I haven't seen one since the days of launch of Swift and Civic.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 13:54   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The car isn't even launched and we started wondering as to how many will fit in it. Guys, this isn't a people mover. Sportiness and space do not go hand in hand. Ferrari is all sporty and impractical. We all know how many it seats. Innova is all about space and we all know how "sporty" it looks. These two may be extreme cases but I was just trying to drive home the point. An average Eco buyer is not smeone who stuffs his car with people. Most would be occupying this car alone 90 % of the time. So why all this fuss about space? Look at front-view sketch of Eco at post#1958 above. High-bonnet, butch looks! Heck, it looks better than many 50-60 lakh SUVs. And it is sub-10 lakh car. Isn't that enough? I see a stunning looking car being launched here. I haven't seen one since the days of launch of Swift and Civic.
I second that, enough with the how many it can seat, agreed it is important but if your criteria is to fit more than 5 then you are looking at the wrong car. The worst thing in India is that people so love to plan ahead for maybe that one day or one weekend where they will need say 7 people and with that criteria heavy on their mind they start comparing cars. Why can't we just enjoy the present and hire a taxi or rent a car for that occasion.

I have said it before and will repeat that the Ecosport is one fine looking car. I for one can not wait for this to release so I can add another Ford to my humble garage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks