Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 11:25   #1981
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Hi all

I had registered with Ford website for more news on ecosport and here is what happened. I got a call from Metro Ford in Bangalore yesterday. On speaking to the caller and informing him of my interest on ecosport he stated that the car is to be launched in August 2013. To me this was a surprise since most of the communication, although not official, indicated a March/April launch. On probing further, the associate told me that official bookings will happen from April/May and the delivery would be in August.

I wonder now whether there is any truth in this statement, but coming from a registered dealer one cannot disregard it completely. So now, what would Ford's strategy be for such a late launch given that Duster and Quanto has started eating into the market.

My hopes of a replacement for my existing car now seems to have taken a different track altogether and i am leaning more towards safari storm.

Any veracity in the above launch dates would be much appreciated
Old 28th December 2012, 12:15   #1982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
my interest on ecosport he stated that the car is to be launched in August 2013. To me this was a surprise since most of the communication, although not official, indicated a March/April launch. On probing further, the associate told me that official bookings will happen from April/May and the delivery would be in August.
This seems to be the BEST piece of news on the Ecosport I've heard in a LOng LONG time... Now people who didn't have the money needn't be jealous...plenty of time to start saving!
Old 28th December 2012, 12:18   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
+1
We are deprived of luxuries in cars in the price bracket i am talking about. We Indians most of the time end up in the receiving end with strip down models ,be it foreign brands or home grown products.

If Ford India proves to be an exception with ES, at least it could change the mind sets of other manufactures that by proving certain luxury/safety features at a reasonable price, they are no more giving us any favour that they should have been there in the first place itself.
Blame it on inflation than anything else. In fact economic times reported recently that Ford was one of the companies accused by the Competition Commission of India to have sold their cars below cost price! Honestly, I dont see what we are missing out on the cars sold here vs elsewhere. You pay more, you'll always get more That said, speculations aside, lets wait and hear it from the horse's mouth; Hopefully sooner rather than later
Old 28th December 2012, 12:40   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi all

I had registered with Ford website for more news on ecosport and here is what happened. I got a call from Metro Ford in Bangalore yesterday. On speaking to the caller and informing him of my interest on ecosport he stated that the car is to be launched in August 2013. To me this was a surprise since most of the communication, although not official, indicated a March/April launch. On probing further, the associate told me that official bookings will happen from April/May and the delivery would be in August.

I wonder now whether there is any truth in this statement, but coming from a registered dealer one cannot disregard it completely. So now, what would Ford's strategy be for such a late launch given that Duster and Quanto has started eating into the market.

My hopes of a replacement for my existing car now seems to have taken a different track altogether and i am leaning more towards safari storm.

Any veracity in the above launch dates would be much appreciated
Ever since I heard last year that Eco sport is being launched in India , I have waited and followed up its launch like rest of us here in this forum enthusiastically. Few days back heard a similar comment of Hormzad of AutoCar stating launch in 2013 mid after 200000 km testing in India.

Cannot wait any further , with the budget around , surely expect a policy change towards diesel cars and a " possible" excise hike. Also my old car has got a buyer , so cannot remain with out a car for long. Just booked a Duster 2 days back. These 2 cars were neck and neck in my scheme of things. Its sad that I couldn t really compare them in flesh and performance.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:41   #1985
BHPian

After following this thread since it has started, i've finally got the chance to write. 1st post.
I have spoken to Cargo Ford, Ahmedabad twice and they maintain that ecosport will be here in about two months. No unofficial booking though.
Old 28th December 2012, 13:15   #1986
BHPian

That is a shocker! I just called up 2 of my contacts at Metro & Cauvery Ford. Both said the expected launch is Mar/Apr and it is unlikely it would be postponed beyond that.
Old 28th December 2012, 13:49   #1987
BHPian

Eco-Sport reaches Kairali Ford MUVATTUPUZHA, dealership in Kerala. They claim that they are the first one to get.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport_1.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport_2.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport_3.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th December 2012 at 15:15. Reason: Corrected sentence
limited-edition is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 13:59   #1988
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoa! I dig the color of the one under the blue! What color is it? Looks too dull to be a silver!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 13:59   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Eco-Sport reaches Kairali Ford MUVATTUPUZHA, dealership in Kerala. They claim that they are the first one to get.
Did you have a chance to inspect the interiors? I wish to know about the rear leg room and overall interior cabin quality.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:01   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
These are test vehicles not final stocks, I am guessing they are just pit stopping at the dealer.

To my knowledge, this after intensive questioning to the guys at Harpreet Ford state that a March April launch is on the cards. Some training for the Eco sport has also taken place. It will be a wait and watch game I guess with everyone getting different information, we will have to wait for the final word from Ford. I miss Mustang 101, whatever happened to him, he always had the right info on all matters Ford.
Where are these guys, also S350-250 L, I can't remember the exact name is also gone.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:02   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Whoa! I dig the color of the one under the blue! What color is it? Looks too dull to be a silver!
That colour looks good on the EcoSport. Ford calls it 'Chill'.

The EcoSport seems to get all the colours as the Figo.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:06   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
The "Vehicle On Test" is still there. I dont think these are meant for any display or something. Also, one interesting thing i found from the pictures is that the reflector/fog lamp/reverse indicator on the right hand side of the rear bumper is different

BTW, the kinetic blue is the best color for ecosport IMO.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:09   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prady16 View Post
Did you have a chance to inspect the interiors? I wish to know about the rear leg room and overall interior cabin quality.
No, The pics are not clicked by me, One of my friends was there and he some how managed to click a few snaps. I got these from his FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
These are test vehicles not final stocks, I am guessing they are just pit stopping at the dealer.

To my knowledge, this after intensive questioning to the guys at Harpreet Ford state that a March April launch is on the cards. Some training for the Eco sport has also taken place. It will be a wait and watch game I guess with everyone getting different information, we will have to wait for the final word from Ford. I miss Mustang 101, whatever happened to him, he always had the right info on all matters Ford.
Where are these guys, also S350-250 L, I can't remember the exact name is also gone.
May be they are just pit stopping. :-)
Old 28th December 2012, 14:09   #1994
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopakabana View Post
TAlso, one interesting thing i found from the pictures is that the reflector/fog lamp/reverse indicator on the right hand side of the rear bumper is different
But the other silverich one has it in the reverse order.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:19   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
But the other silverich one has it in the reverse order.
The silverish one doesnt have the sticker under the Titanium logo, like the Blue one. So one could be a petrol and the other a diesel.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed