Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2013, 20:27   #2176
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Hi guys..

After seeing the new ecosport and fiesta dashboard, Im wondering how a custom audio system can be added.

Do we have to remove the full front panel panel plastics, it may look quire odd. I intent to have a 10 ich LCD and a Pioneer DivX player + 5.1 audio added to this cute vehicle.

regs,
humveeguy
Old 5th January 2013, 20:55   #2177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Hi guys..

After seeing the new ecosport and fiesta dashboard, Im wondering how a custom audio system can be added.

Do we have to remove the full front panel panel plastics, it may look quire odd. I intent to have a 10 ich LCD and a Pioneer DivX player + 5.1 audio added to this cute vehicle.

regs,
humveeguy
Should not be an issue. You can always get a double din fascia panel

EXAMPLE
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-38111420b.jpg
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-wct23fd17.jpg

img source: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/doubl...53.html?page=3

http://www.celsusice.co.uk/shopdisp_5101.php

Last edited by badboyscad : 5th January 2013 at 21:04.
badboyscad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 21:49   #2178
BHPian

Interior of Ecosport indian version. Sadly no dead pedal.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-ecosport-interiors-automatic.jpg
klassics45 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 22:08   #2179
BHPian

The above interiors are for an auto version and still I can see something sort of a dead pedal in the foot-well. Now that is a nice dashboard.Flashy, muscular and just how I like it but is it too high or just looks like that because of the angle of the photo?

Last edited by richie4u : 5th January 2013 at 22:09.
Old 5th January 2013, 22:11   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Interior of Ecosport indian version. Sadly no dead pedal.

Attachment 1034734
AT version with a smaller brake pedal! Any idea if that is a 1.5L or the 1.0L Ecoboost?
Old 5th January 2013, 22:45   #2181
BHPian

Looks much better with all black grill. i wish i can see it with red skin.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport4.jpg
Old 5th January 2013, 23:36   #2182
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Duster is some what bigger than the ES and is more conventional in its looks. It also has more luggge room. The ES though butch looking is almost the size of a big hatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
It's just your opinion. There are pics which depicts that they are close to each other. Let's wait for the car release to comment more.
I think @rajneesh is right.
The Duster is longer than the ES by 74mm. It means the cabin of ES is even smaller as its the overall length includes the rear mounted wheel. Also Duster is broader and has a longer wheelbase.

Source
Duster
Ecosport
Old 6th January 2013, 01:40   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post

The Duster is longer than the ES by 74mm. It means the cabin of ES is even smaller as its the overall length includes the rear mounted wheel. Also Duster is broader and has a longer wheelbase.

Source
Duster
Ecosport
I Agree. Technically that's true. By looks from the pictures, both look same. And it boils down to how Ford has used the limited space inside. Fusion is one example.

Duster design is very bland, IMHO. It's 90's design. Starts with old conventional design in the front, goes till B pillar and then, things go crazy :-). But again its just my opinion.
Old 6th January 2013, 02:04   #2184
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

My wife loves the duster and so do most of my neighbours and in a recent society get together many of the Duster lovers were thinking of putting their money where their heart presently is.

They did not know about the Eco Sport and they just can't imagine how much better in the looks dept the Eco Sport could be vs the Duster. If only ford gets the pricing and specs right and releases this before it gets too late.

Eco Sport has a great opportunity ahead of it and Ford needs to release all possible varients and let the Indian public decide the model it wishes to go for. - referring to AT, Higher power engines and high end interior and drive features.
Old 6th January 2013, 02:35   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
The yellow looks quite sporty. Like this colour , long awaited return after it was seen on the original, pre-facelift "jelly-bean Zen's" in the 1996's.
Seriously man. I remember the issue of autocar or overdrive with a zen in yellow with blacked out windows. Since then, it has been stuck in my head to buy a yellow coloured car once at least.

I hope they don't restrict that colour for the export market only.
Old 6th January 2013, 09:35   #2186
BHPian

The make or brake for ES will be its boot space.. if the design allows to adjust the luggage which folks carry around for long trips..then this will be superhit...
Old 6th January 2013, 09:37   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
I don't know, but something inside me correlates this picture (and many an earlier snap) with a tallboy hatch rather than a mini SUV.

May be it is the side profile when looked from that angle. But at the same time, the Duster looks so SUVish with the beefed up wheel flares.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:30   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post

It depends on how the cabin is packaged. A longer wheelbase will not necessarily correlate to bigger cabin. In fact I was quite underwhelmed with the rear space in the Duster.
AFAIK, the rear mounted wheel on the EcoSport is not included in the overall length classified under 4m which is the primary reason for the rear mount.
Old 6th January 2013, 23:05   #2189
A M
BHPian

I don't know if the spare wheel is considered in the overall length or not.

What I was pointing out is that the overall length of the vehicle, as mentioned in the website, includes the rear mounted spare. Even then it is smaller than than the duster by 74mm.

Now if we take into account the width of the tyre, the cabin becomes even smaller.

Even if the tyre is a puny 165 section, the bumper to bumper usable space is smaller than the duster by about 165+74=239mm and this is when the tyre is literally pasted to the door. If you consider the tyre mounts, the figure will be closer to 260mm. Thats nearly 10 inches.

So either they have to make the engine compartment really cramped or it would be the space inside the cabin that would be compromised.

So I put my money on the argument that its the size of a hatch on steroids.
Old 6th January 2013, 23:16   #2190
Distinguished - BHPian

Who cares if the engine compartment is cramped? Well, ok, maybe the mechanics do, but I don't see why it should worry us. Anyway, engine compartments are cramped compared to cars of a few decades ago.

Quote:
So I put my money on the argument that its the size of a hatch on steroids.
Hopefully for Ford, that is what enough people are going to want: a tough hatch. I could go for that!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks