Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 23:18   #2191
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Interior of Ecosport indian version. Sadly no dead pedal.

Attachment 1034734
I can see the dead pedal pretty clearly in that pic.
Old 6th January 2013, 23:47   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
The above interiors are for an auto version and still I can see something sort of a dead pedal in the foot-well. Now that is a nice dashboard.Flashy, muscular and just how I like it but is it too high or just looks like that because of the angle of the photo?
It probably is too high. I say this because the steering looks fine from this angle, and therefore this is probably taken from a height where a rear passenger's head would be. Another thing is that look at the top of the dash, it is at level (if not slightly higher) with the top of the steering wheel. Usually, the top of the dash is at a lower level compared to the top of the steering wheel.

As for the dash, I find it a little too flashy and "in your face" kind of. I would prefer a more sober look.
Old 6th January 2013, 23:55   #2193
BANNED

For all those who find the dash of the EcoSport a weird.
I thought the same when the new Fiesta was launched, i saw the pics and the videos and thought that it was just too cluttered and in your face. Until i actually saw it in flesh
You sit in the driver seat and ergonomics are near flawless, even the buttons on the centre console that look strangely angled towards the passenger fall to hand perfectly. The dash looks great in flesh.

The amount of space aside, i bet the interiors are going to be EcoSport's great strengths..
Old 7th January 2013, 09:13   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Who cares if the engine compartment is cramped? Well, ok, maybe the mechanics do, but I don't see why it should worry us. Anyway, engine compartments are cramped compared to cars of a few decades ago.

Hopefully for Ford, that is what enough people are going to want: a tough hatch. I could go for that!
A tough hatch sure fits the bill for a lot of folks. And considering space, the only thing I'll be bothered about would be usable in-cabin room.
Having owned an Indigo CS for around 5 yrs I'm actually amazed at how much interior room is available within the small car specs and with a decently usable boot too.

Last edited by gomzi : 7th January 2013 at 09:14.
Old 7th January 2013, 09:26   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Interior of Ecosport indian version. Sadly no dead pedal.
And I suppose no Cruise control also. Comparing the steering with Fiesta's steering wheel:

Attachment 1034734

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford_fiesta_02.jpg

Also, I hope that the rear seat is not like a bench as that of Fiesta.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 7th January 2013 at 09:28.
Old 7th January 2013, 09:34   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I thought the same when the new Fiesta was launched, i saw the pics and the videos and thought that it was just too cluttered and in your face. Until i actually saw it in flesh
You sit in the driver seat and ergonomics are near flawless, even the buttons on the centre console that look strangely angled towards the passenger fall to hand perfectly. The dash looks great in flesh.

The amount of space aside, i bet the interiors are going to be EcoSport's great strengths..
I agree. The fiesta's interiors look absolutely amazing from the driver's seat. And that steering is a joy to hold. I'd be happy if they just mirror the Fiesta.

The backseat in the fiesta is at a premium but the difference in the Ecosport is the tall stance. Even with the same amount of leg space, it might feel more comfortable just because of the sitting position.
Old 7th January 2013, 09:56   #2197
BHPian

Quote:

The center console of Fiesta/ES are Love me Hate Me type console. Some people will love it will say it gives cockpit like feeling, other can find it bit tacky and cluttered...

But no two words/opinion about the steering .. It is beauty
Old 7th January 2013, 10:03   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Though I am not a fan of the Grey interiors of the Global Fiesta, I love the black with grey interiors of the EcoSport. I love the butch looking side AC vents in the EcoSport, and also the way the dash joins the door pads - Totally butch looking!
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-dusternewecosport3.jpg
The Duster in comparison is very bland for my taste, especially the instrument cluster lacks the sophistication or the finesse I would expect from a car for which I would have to pay about 9-13 Lakhs!
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-dusternewecosport4.jpg

I dont think the EcoSport is cramped compared to the Duster too. Though the Ford would definitely have a smaller boot than the Duster. If the boot space is as big as the Jazz's, I think it should suffice, given the practicality of the tall loading space.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-dusternewecosport5.jpg

Overall, I feel the EcoSport would shine when it gets launched
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosporttodeliveramileageof17kmpl.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 10:19   #2199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
..And I suppose no Cruise control also. Comparing the steering with Fiesta's steering wheel:....
So we can assume that this may be offered on a non-top end trim, like what Maruti does. I would not say a bad trend, because price is what primarily drives the Indian market. But I seriously hope they do offer cruise control on top end variants. Cruise control + auto climate control are two things I really want in my next car. I am sure I can put those to good use with my kinda usage.
Old 7th January 2013, 10:56   #2200
BHPian

Quote:

I agree. From the pictures, the dashboard of the Fiesta (a.k.a Ecosport) looked too flashy & overdone, UNTIL you see it in flesh. The immediate perception once you are inside is that you are in a secure cockpit, and its a exhilarating feeling. Somehow reminds me of transformers
Old 7th January 2013, 11:06   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So we can assume that this may be offered on a non-top end trim, like what Maruti does. I would not say a bad trend, because price is what primarily drives the Indian market. But I seriously hope they do offer cruise control on top end variants. Cruise control + auto climate control are two things I really want in my next car. I am sure I can put those to good use with my kinda usage.
No cruise control on the Ecosport as far as I can see in the specs of the brazilian model. None of the bountiful pictures available also had cruise control. So unlikely
Gizmokid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 11:07   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

Overall, I feel the EcoSport would shine when it gets launched
Is that LEDs on the head light unit ? Not sure if this was captured in any of the India test mules pictured so far.

Regards
Bugs
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosporttodeliveramileageof17kmpl.jpg  

Old 7th January 2013, 11:36   #2203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post

Is that LEDs on the head light unit ? Not sure if this was captured in any of the India test mules pictured so far.

Regards
Bugs
Guess that's the DRL, but I am not sure India will get it! I am hopibg so much that some one starts giving it as standard & rest will follow. As usual its Hyundai whose starting the trend I guess (after Force One though) in all those affordable segments.
Old 7th January 2013, 13:00   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
I agree. From the pictures, the dashboard of the Fiesta (a.k.a Ecosport) looked too flashy & overdone, UNTIL you see it in flesh. The immediate perception once you are inside is that you are in a secure cockpit, and its a exhilarating feeling. Somehow reminds me of transformers
However when I entered the Fiesta cabin i found it very claustrophobic (I am 6ft 1.5in) and could feel my head almost touching the roof. Maybe it's better in ES due to the taller design.
Old 7th January 2013, 13:40   #2205
Senior - BHPian

What is that circled part in the pic below?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecoat.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks