Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2013, 23:23   #2566
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Hello BHpian's!
As most of you know that I have pre-booked the Ecosport Last Aug'12. I have called Hyderabad dealer to know the status of the launch. Here is the update....

Demo vehicle's will be available from 3rd week of Feb'13. And deliveries will start from 3rd week of April'13.

Hopefully, it won't be delayed further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 31st January 2013 at 11:01. Reason: launch posted as lunch. please check for typo's before submitting posts.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 01:17   #2567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
...Demo vehicle's will be available from 3rd week of Feb'13. And deliveries will start from 3rd week of April'13.

Have their guys under gone training? That's one way of confirming an imminent launch.
Old 31st January 2013, 09:27   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have their guys under gone training? That's one way of confirming an imminent launch.
When I asked about it, they said already training program's started across India and their team will be going in early Feb'13.

In January, a team from Chennai came to Hyderabad dealerships just to make them ready to handle the Ecosport launch and start the dealer training programs.

I feel Ford is in a position to launch now, but some how I assume they want to wait for budget changes for the auto industry.

About price, they say 7.8 L - 11 L estimate (On Road).

And one more info, one of the manager at ford dealership say 1.0 Ecoboost may not come with powershift, atleast initially (don't no how true).

Last edited by n_aditya : 31st January 2013 at 11:00. Reason: typo's corrected. Please preview post and make corrections before submitting.
bageherath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 11:22   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHpian's!
As most of you know that I have pre-booked the Ecosport Last Aug'12. I have called Hyderabad dealer to know the status of the launch. Here is the update....

Demo vehicle's will be available from 3rd week of Feb'13. And deliveries will start from 3rd week of April'13.

All this information seems very promising . I am in the market for the picking up the ecosport at the earliest.Any team bhpian from pune having any idea about any ford dealer accepting pre launch booking offer? also the 1.5 l diesel is being offered right from the beginning right?
Old 31st January 2013, 12:13   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And one more info, one of the manager at ford dealership say 1.0 Ecoboost may not come with powershift, atleast initially (don't no how true).
Mate,
Congrats on your pre-book of Ford EcoSports. What would you mean by a power shift? My apologies i might sound like a dodo asking this question.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:22   #2571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
What would you mean by a power shift? My apologies i might sound like a dodo asking this question.
Power-shift is the dual-clutch transmission in Ford's speak. It's the same gearbox available on the current Fiesta.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 13:04   #2572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Power-shift is the dual-clutch transmission in Ford's speak. It's the same gearbox available on the current Fiesta.
Will it save ford significant costs to keep the price in check by not opting for powershift? Am wondering if they will launch a variant with powershift in the titanium version or something.
Old 31st January 2013, 15:05   #2573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Will it save ford significant costs to keep the price in check by not opting for powershift? Am wondering if they will launch a variant with powershift in the titanium version or something.
You see, the problem with including the dual-clutch AT is that the price of the petrol variant will go up. Positioning it on par with the diesel variant at this point will be disastrous. I suspect Ford is playing the waiting game solely because of the current diesel prices. When the price-gap between petrol and diesel narrows, Ford might consider giving the EcoSport the dual-clutch 'box.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 15:12   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
What about the 1.5L Petrol, will AT be available on that? or is Ford planning to launch it later?
Old 31st January 2013, 15:12   #2575
BHPian

Quote:
When I asked about it, they said already training program's started across India and their team will be going in early Feb'13.

In January, a team from Chennai came to Hyderabad dealerships just to make them ready to handle the Ecosport launch and start the dealer training programs.
That is correct. 'Training for the Trainers' program has just been completed at Ford. So, I would guess the other details provided by the Dealer is also correct.
Old 31st January 2013, 18:32   #2576
BHPian

Looks like we have the first spotting of the TDCi (diesel) badged VOCF testing Ecosport.

Check the yellow Ecosport from 2:04 onwards in the video. The TDCi badging in the video is aligned towards the end of 'Titanium' badge(as opposed to the Ecoboost badge which is aligned towards the beginning of 'Titanium' badge).

Video courtesy : Rajesh Mani(Youtube)

Attaching screenshot as well

Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by raj84 : 31st January 2013 at 18:34.
raj84 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 19:15   #2577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Looks like we have the first spotting of the TDCi (diesel) badged VOCF testing Ecosport...
Thanks for sharing the video!

The variants and engine options are so confusing.

Is that a wheel cap or a different pattern of alloys on the grey ecosport?

BTW.... looks like the testing folks are doing very high speeds on the Ecosport. The video guys are having a tough time keeping pace with them.
Old 31st January 2013, 19:26   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Is that a wheel cap or a different pattern of alloys on the grey ecosport?
It is indeed a wheelcap which looks as good as an Alloy wheel. Yes they have mixed the parts from different variants though.
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 19:28   #2579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...The variants and engine options are so confusing.
There should NOT be much confusion.

As of now, we can assume as below

Diesel manual - 3 variants
Petrol
- 1.5L Auto (1 variant)
- 1.5L Manual (2 variants)
- 1.0L Ecoboost manual (2 variants)

Quote:
Is that a wheel cap or a different pattern of alloys on the grey ecosport?...
Unfortunately, it is a wheel cap. NOT even a steel wheel! I would have LOVED a steel wheel in that design!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 20:10   #2580
BHPian

Quote:

I feel Ford is in a position to launch now, but some how I assume they want to wait for budget changes for the auto industry.

About price, they say 7.8 L - 11 L estimate (On Road).

The info I got was that 1.5 Auto may not come initially as that is mainly targeted for exports.

Regarding the exact launch date there would be a clarity after February 3rd (3-02-2013) as there is a dealer meet called for this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks