Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2013, 11:25   #2701
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

According to IAB, a MH registered ford ecosport has been spotted in Mumbai. The car also had Bhavna Ford dealer label on the rear windshield. It is clear that this car is not at all on test. This is hieghts of teasing . they should really come out with the launch date now.

Source:http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/f...n-mumbai-63350

Here's the picture from the article.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportbhavnaforddealervehiclespottedinmumbai.jpg  

kopakabana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 12:00   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopakabana View Post
According to IAB, a MH registered ford ecosport has been spotted in Mumbai. The car also had Bhavna Ford dealer label on the rear windshield. It is clear that this car is not at all on test. This is hieghts of teasing . they should really come out with the launch date now.
For press/auto enthusiast, in almost all the metro's cars will be available by this month or at most by march first week. This is the same logic they have done for the Figo as well. When the car was launched, the reviews were already out. I am expecting to see a review on t-BHP also by first week of March.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 13:58   #2703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
MPL Ford Chennai too is accepting booking amount of Rs. 50,000 against post dated cheque dated around 17/Mar (they confirm launch around 3rd week of March)

Courtesy: Rush Lane
Just called MPL Ford and they say they are NOT taking bookings now. They say "Launch is in April/May and only after Launch date is confirmed, booking will start"
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 18:55   #2704
BHPian

Hi, I had filled up my details on Ford India website and got two calls. One from their Gurgaon dealer (dont remember the name) and another from Harpreet Ford in Delhi.

The lady from Gurgaon said they are taking pre-bookings but do not have any details on pricing etc. Tentative launch date in March and deliveries from April. No demo vehicle.

Harpreet Ford lady said they are waiting for a demo vehicle to arrive soon and they will let me know when it arrives. No prices available.

Not exactly on the same page but at least they respond!

Regards
Anand
Old 12th February 2013, 20:25   #2705
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to a Ford dealership today. Told me that they got a mail (from the company) yesterday stating that Petrol will be launched first & diesel after a month!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 22:17   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Just called MPL Ford and they say they are NOT taking bookings now. They say "Launch is in April/May and only after Launch date is confirmed, booking will start"
I had updated my contact details in the Ford website and i received the call from the MPL, Pallikaranai office. I was informed that they are accepting pre-booking amount of Rs. 50,000. You may recheck with their sales team again.
Old 13th February 2013, 10:47   #2707
Senior - BHPian

I was really wondering on my way to work about what will stop Ford from launching the Ecoboost as their most affordable engine option? Maybe the lowest or mid level trim. Given that Petrol isn't exactly the flavour of the season (Duster is a prime example!), what will Ford stand to gain by pricing Ecoboost at a premium? Also, if it doesn't really sell the numbers it needs to show case the technology & get volumes to make it affordable, what does ford stand to gain in the long run?
Old 13th February 2013, 11:13   #2708
tez
BHPian

I had registered on the website. Got a call from Ford mentioning that they will keep me posted. Planning to go down to Ford dealer and check up with him.
Still skeptical of putting money on Ecosport till i see it in flesh and have a look at the space inside. Duster was a dampner in this regards.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:32   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
I had registered on the website. Got a call from Ford mentioning that they will keep me posted. Planning to go down to Ford dealer and check up with him.
Still skeptical of putting money on Ecosport till i see it in flesh and have a look at the space inside. Duster was a dampner in this regards.
If space is your primary requirement, Ecosport may not be the one for you. Buy it for its looks (subjective), handling, Ecoboost performance (hopefully) and GC.
Old 13th February 2013, 13:41   #2710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I had updated my contact details in the Ford website and i received the call from the MPL, Pallikaranai office. I was informed that they are accepting pre-booking amount of Rs. 50,000. You may recheck with their sales team again.
Hi, could you let me know the contact details of the person you spoke to at MPL Ford. I have called twice today to two different showrooms and they still insist that bookings are NOT open.
Old 13th February 2013, 14:02   #2711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi, could you let me know the contact details of the person you spoke to at MPL Ford. I have called twice today to two different showrooms and they still insist that bookings are NOT open.
Do you really want to block that amount? If it was official, am sure all dealers would have taken money for booking. Instead, I guess this should be reported to Ford.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 14:34   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do you really want to block that amount? If it was official, am sure all dealers would have taken money for booking. Instead, I guess this should be reported to Ford.
+1
If Ford had indeed asked the dealers not to take any advance booking requests, it is not advisable to go ahead.
Old 13th February 2013, 16:17   #2713
BHPian

Latest video taken by my friend near chengalpattu.

klassics45 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 17:48   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
+1
If Ford had indeed asked the dealers not to take any advance booking requests, it is not advisable to go ahead.
Agree. Seems to be a case of the dealers pocketing the amount till the 'real' bookings start.
Old 13th February 2013, 18:12   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought on the pre-bookings. Say Ford opens the official bookings next week - Wouldn't the dealership enter the bookings in order of booking. This would mean that someone who has pre-booked (official or not) will definitely be higher up the list, or is there something that i'm missing here ?

So, if one really is keen on this car and cannot wait too long, I think its worth it. One thing is for sure, the Ecosport is going to have a waitlist unless Ford really screws up big time...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks