Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 22:20   #2806
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

According to carwale, the training programme is going on in full swing. Can expect the launch anytime next month.

http://www.carwale.com/news/10064-fo...trainers-.html
Old 18th February 2013, 22:52   #2807
BHPian

First Ecosport review from Mumbai in India.

Link

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2013 at 10:59. Reason: Fixing link
bageherath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 23:43   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

Copy the below highlighted portion and just do a Google search. You will get the actual link! Scroll down to the bottom most of that page and you have a small report & couple of pics!

5623-exclusive-ford-ecosport-makes-global-premiere-coverage-pg-3-a-63

OK -- This is what is written in the forum; copy pasting it as it is!

Quote:
ECOSPORT

1) PRESENCE - lets compare the ecosport with yeti and duster and quanto in term of presence and not with xuv and storme , because storme and xuv are full blown SUVs in size .
The ecosport looks superbly stylish , upmarket and more sporty and trendy then the duster and even the yeti . The orange colour looks smashing and chrome in the front gives the ecosport a agreesive look .

2) SPACE - now again the space inside the car is good for 5 people that is 4 adults and 1 kid . The front seat is typical ford and fiesta type it hugs your body and the seating position is just spot on you get a very good view infront again the view ahead can be compared with yeti and duster and not the storme or xuv .

The back seat comfort is also very good and iam 5"11 after adjusting the front seat to my height there was enough leg room for me and its a cosy feeling inside .
The boot is same like the figo maybe a bit bigger . You Can compare the ES in cabin space with the jaaz .

3)FIT AND FINISH - the theme inside is dark black and silver the silver parts are glossy and smooth and the black parts are shiny and texured . In found the fit and finish perfect and ergonomicaly the ecosport is superb . There are no obivious panel gaps and all and the organge colour is superb . In fit and finish its miles ahead then duster and way way way ahead then quanto , I mean lets not compare this machine with the quanto atall .

4) FEATURES - the biggest feature is a the NVH you will be shocked to see the NVH of ES , its the best I have seen so far I. This segment , I mean it is deceptively silent you won't even know it the car is switched on or off .
There is a neat display screen in the middle once you put the key in the car the display suggest you to press the clutch to start the car , the instrument cluster is just superb colorful yet not too much like the xuv .
The steering itself looks and feels amazing in the hand . The clutch is super super light and gear shifts are sleek and smooth .

The car won't be launched before budget for sure .if the ES is priced well this car can give every car including the swift run for its money . And can stop the duster and quanto party . And can really be the best car of the year .

I have not driven it yet , will update when I will drive it . Overall ford has a winner in their hand.
Adding Images - All credits to the original uploader (review & images)

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport1.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport2.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport3.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport4.jpg

I AM SO FREAKIN tempted now!! Gosh, might end up selling my Swifty!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th February 2013 at 00:01. Reason: Added the images at the bottom as well
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 00:04   #2809
BHPian

LOL. The guy who has written this review is absolutely floored by the Ecosport. One thing which has come out of all the initial responses from people who have seen it till now is that this car is going to be a big hit. Not one person has disliked or hated it.

I also have this feeling that its gonna sweep the competition off their feet. Go futher Ford
Old 19th February 2013, 09:13   #2810
BHPian

Some more price guesses:

EcoSport Base Rs. 6,25,000
EcoSport Petrol Rs. 8,00,000
EcoSport Automatic Petrol Rs. 9,00,000
EcoSport Diesel Rs. 9,00,000

http://autos.maxabout.com/compare.as...55,2210&vt=Car
http://autos.maxabout.com/cars/ford/...t-suv-ecoboost
Old 19th February 2013, 09:21   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
How did you feel the interiors? How was the quality of them? Were you able to identify the interiors that they have put on the company webpage?

Apologies too many questions from my end
The interiors looked good to me, they had a nice black shiny finish and the dashboard looks fab. well it seems only the pricing is the issue like in the new fiesta the price killed the product otherwise it was very good, hope they have learned it this time.
Old 19th February 2013, 10:27   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I AM SO FREAKIN tempted now!! Gosh, might end up selling my Swifty!
Would you then become sportynfurious? LOL
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 10:30   #2813
BHPian

Got a call from Chennai Ford - the display vehicle will be available with all dealers by 3rd week of March.

No info on launch date/pricing/booking start date though.

Last edited by bnzjon : 19th February 2013 at 10:31.
Old 19th February 2013, 10:33   #2814
BHPian

the way diesel prices are set to rise, the diesel - petrol price difference is bound to decrease. The case in point is that the Ecoboost powered ES also makes a strong case for itself for low runners.
All in all, ES seems to tick all the right boxes apart a few like Boot Volume( come on Ford, even my fusion has~340 ltrs of boot space).
Price it right and be ready to manage piles of orders.
Old 19th February 2013, 10:40   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
the way diesel prices are set to rise, the diesel - petrol price difference is bound to decrease.
Well for 0.45 paisa increase in diesel prices twice since de regularisation, petrol prices have increased by Rs 1.45 per litre. So petrol as of now is running faster than diesel.
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 10:58   #2816
BHPian

Read in a auto magazine(Whatcar) that there is a possibility of increase in the power output for the diesel version.
That would be icing on the cake :-)
Old 19th February 2013, 11:06   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Some more price guesses:

EcoSport Base Rs. 6,25,000
EcoSport Petrol Rs. 8,00,000
EcoSport Automatic Petrol Rs. 9,00,000
EcoSport Diesel Rs. 9,00,000

http://autos.maxabout.com/compare.as...55,2210&vt=Car
http://autos.maxabout.com/cars/ford/...t-suv-ecoboost
Sounds like a guess for sure. Its ridiculous to have a 1.75lacs difference between the base version & the next variant. Either the folks are nuts or they missed a variant(s) in between.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:52   #2818
BHPian

I thought Ford was planning to launch Ecosport in Nepal next month. Dont know how that will happen when India launch has not happened yet. I am sure Ecosport will be exported to Nepal from Chennai plant.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:53   #2819
Senior - BHPian

So many different launch dates and prices being thrown out for the ES ! I think they might do a <6L base model, considering the Fiesta classic without an excise duty benefit start around 5.63.

My folks pre booked the diesel Ecosport in November end, and now the wait is getting on our nerves ! So tempted to just go ahead with the Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Well for 0.45 paisa increase in diesel prices twice since de regularisation, petrol prices have increased by Rs 1.45 per litre. So petrol as of now is running faster than diesel.
Well, that is because the international prices reached about $115. We all know how international prices cycle and it might soon be back at $100 level which will reduce petrol prices but not diesel which will continue to see Rs.0.50 increase every month.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 12:04   #2820
BHPian

Few pictures comparing Ecosport and Duster, as a solace, until the time Ford decides to open its mouth about launch and price

Image courtesy: http://www.perfil.com/contenidos/201...icia_0023.html
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-eco1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-eco2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecoydusterjf020.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecoydusterjf178.jpg  

raj84 is offline   (23) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks