Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2012, 05:39   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

TML should get a better team to create their ad's / media material. The images are so overloaded with PS effects. This one is so obvious. (Not that other companies are better).
Old 25th January 2012, 09:21   #362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
TML should get a better team to create their ad's / media material. The images are so overloaded with PS effects. This one is so obvious. (Not that other companies are better).

That picture looks like an overnight job, and would have been OK if it's some sort of arcade game.

Having said that, their TV commercials have been rather good, and consistently at that. Barring a few of course. I personally found the Indica Vista advert very funny. The one when the man gets very surprised and stays surprised for a long time, after throwing his Vista around.

The original Tata Safari petrol advert was hilarious too! Remember the roller-coaster?
Old 25th January 2012, 09:25   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Got this from Safari's official FB page.
That's some "amazing" technology upgrade for the Storme.

Bashing through mud without a driver!
Old 25th January 2012, 09:58   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Here is a news report from Hindu about the new Safari Storme. It says first drive

The Hindu : Life & Style / Motoring : The Safari continues
I think the title for this article is a misnomer. This is no first drive, its just a good summary of facts available in public domain. It has no additional information which has not been discussed on this thread.

To me it just seems to be good summarizing skills by the author, that's it. Anybody having questions about my comment, please go through this very thread and then read the article to understand what I am saying.

Looks like Tata has kept further information on Storme under tight wraps and we need to wait for official communication/test drives.

Thanks anyway g_prajeesh for posting it here, it was a good read.
Old 25th January 2012, 10:12   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
I think the title for this article is a misnomer. This is no first drive, its just a good summary of facts available in public domain. It has no additional information which has not been discussed on this thread.

To me it just seems to be good summarizing skills by the author, that's it. Anybody having questions about my comment, please go through this very thread and then read the article to understand what I am saying.

Looks like Tata has kept further information on Storme under tight wraps and we need to wait for official communication/test drives.

Thanks anyway g_prajeesh for posting it here, it was a good read.
Deepaktpatil, By referring to the below transcript, it doesnt look like a consolidated write-up by the author, but, had taken a drive unless the author used the verbs wrongly in his write-up which I dont think "The Hindu" would buy in.

Quote:
Armed with a new chassis and now boasting a stiffer suspension, the Safari hasn't lost the plush ride quality that was its hallmark. Its lighter weight and a firmer set-up is obvious when taking on corners, with the Storme exhibiting better body control. The high stance and large dimensions mean it still rolls considerably, but it feels more stable.

The 2.2-litre DiCOR engine makes the same 140bhp as before, but now feels more responsive. Keep the engine revving above the 1700-1800rpm mark, and you will be rewarded with brisk acceleration — brisk for its size, that is.
[Its also accepted that its not a complete road test].

Brake feel though reminds us of having stepped in wet mud. They feel spongy, but the Storme comes to a halt without too much drama.
So, with the kind of words/verbs the author has used and considering the credibility that "The Hindu" has, I would take this as a "mini" test drive, not a complete one which is also explicitly mentioned in the story.

Prem.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:57   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
If VX 4X4 lands @ 14L OTR in Bangalore region, then, its a good one. I wouldnt complain much since it falls slightly below the current VX 4X4.

OT - Btw, I see your signature saying 2012 Safari, but, I dont see a ownership thread !!! Come on, put it out soon.

Prem.
Yes you are right. But somehow I am keeping very busy since I bought Safari, and hardly able to drive, except for one round trip to Mumbai. Waiting to finish 1500kms and first service to start with the thread.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:16   #367
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Here comes Tata Safari Strome at Rs 10 lakh - Rediff.com Business

rediff tells it starts at 10 lacs.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:28   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Don't believe them. Those articles are usually sourced from free lancers.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:36   #369
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely. And the English reads like a Chinese to English internet software translation ....
Old 27th January 2012, 14:38   #370
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Having said that, their TV commercials have been rather good, and consistently at that. Barring a few of course. I personally found the Indica Vista advert very funny. The one when the man gets very surprised and stays surprised for a long time, after throwing his Vista around.

The original Tata Safari petrol advert was hilarious too! Remember the roller-coaster?
Yep totally agree TATA advts are overall the best that we have among any car manufacturers overall. That said, Advertisements don't are just a part of overall marketing and TATA has been shown to be on the wrong side in overall marketing.

They make wonderful advts. but the overall marketing campaign is on many occations poor with wrong pricing, wrong timing, wrong scale and the wrong message.
ACM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 14:42   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Here is a news report from Hindu about the new Safari Storme. It says first drive

The Hindu : Life & Style / Motoring : The Safari continues
Thanks, this is a decent summary of what one should expect of the vehicle, and also clarifies a few details - like the chassis being the new hydroformed one from the Aria, though shortened, and there being disc brakes at the rear as well.

One of the drawbacks mentioned in the article is that the Storme is not as well equipped as the competition. IMHO the Safari is never going be able to compete with the XUV or any of the other premium crossover. This was what the Aria was supposed to do, but is unfortunately seen as an MUV, though it does everything that the XUV can and can actually carry 5 plus 2 and all their luggage. I believe/hope that the Storme will be the entry level SUV from Tata, and the actual all-new SUV will be positioned either in parallel to or (maybe) slightly above the Aria/XUV range, whenever it is released.

Off Topic: I don't understand these kind of faux pas in a review:

Quote:
It's been replaced by the Aria's double wishbone and MacPherson struts.
And I can't understand the obsession with "overtly" these days - it is being used inappropriately to mean "overly".
Old 28th January 2012, 12:09   #372
BHPian

february Launch somewhere around 4th week ( 23 to 29)

Colours:

Arctic Silver
Arctic White
Pearl White
Sardiania Red
Pearl Champagne
Urban Bronze
Astern Black

Variants:
VXP 4X4
VX 4X4
VXP 4X2
VX 4X2
EX 4X2
LXA 4X2
LX 4X2

Still dont know about features will let you know
007 Bond is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 12:13   #373
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

^^ Any information about the price? Thats is what will decide the fate of the vehicle.
Old 28th January 2012, 14:00   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Variants:
VXP 4X4
VX 4X4
VXP 4X2
VX 4X2
EX 4X2
LXA 4X2
LX 4X2
Thanks for info,

even now they dont have 4X4 in LX
Old 28th January 2012, 14:08   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Thanks for info,

even now they dont have 4X4 in LX
Maybe they will offer a 4x4 LX in current Safari guise - to cover both ends of the bash brigade spectrum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks