Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2012, 16:20   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Reading this in ACI site was like music to my ears. So it's really whole different from existing one, except the body shell. Can't understand Tata's and Force's strategy.
Here, "A Storme on the horizon: We got to take an exclusive spin in Tata’s new Safari Storme, and while it looks virtually the same as its forebear, we’re happy to report it’s a very different beast under its rugged skin."
Magazine - Autocar India
Old 28th January 2012, 17:13   #377
Senior - BHPian

although , I wonder why this thread has got max views amongst all auto-expo individual vehicle threads (1,25,730). People are apprehensive but Safari sure has a fan following
Old 29th January 2012, 06:15   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
although , I wonder why this thread has got max views amongst all auto-expo individual vehicle threads (1,25,730). People are apprehensive but Safari sure has a fan following
Funnily enough I was thinking about this as well. It's not just a good number among individual vehicle threads, but it's actually 2nd overall (among all threads), with only the general Auto Expo thread having a larger number of page views.
Amartya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 17:23   #379
BHPian

The more I read about the Storme the more I want this SUV, though I feel there is seriously something missing in this safari and that is the 4X4 should have been in the lower versions also and not restricted to vx, hope to see 4X4 in ex as that will ensure greater reach.

Last edited by kailashnj : 29th January 2012 at 17:24.
Old 29th January 2012, 19:27   #380
BHPian

Absolutely.. More and more I read about this SUV the more i am leaning towards it. Safari has some charm in it which always creates a fan following.. I have fallen for it for sure. I check this thred atleast 50 times a day.
Old 29th January 2012, 23:46   #381
BHPian

Any news on the availability or the launch date and the expected prices of the new safari Storme?????

Can anyone guide what are the accessories or features that would be available in the different versions as that will allow many people to take decisions?

Another question that come to my mind is that will the old safari been sold along with the new or will they discontinue the old, if they continue to sell the old safari then I am sure it will be ate lower cost and that will be great news too as even though the older safari might have some niggles but it still has lot of charm and with reduced prices it might be a better selling car as you get a full fledge SUV at the prices of a premium hatch then.
Old 30th January 2012, 00:30   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Another question that come to my mind is that will the old safari been sold along with the new or will they discontinue the old, if they continue to sell the old safari then I am sure it will be ate lower cost and that will be great news too as even though the older safari might have some niggles but it still has lot of charm and with reduced prices it might be a better selling car as you get a full fledge SUV at the prices of a premium hatch then.
While it may indeed be interesting, I don't think this is very likely. Running different production lines for cars sharing engines and quite a few body panels, but not the chassis, doesn't seem feasible.

There's the issue of product overlap, the Grande will then find even fewer (than the already abysmal) number of buyers. Also, a brand as iconic as the Safari shouldn't really be diluted, by that I mean going significantly lower in the price chain and having to reduce equipment levels etc.
Old 30th January 2012, 08:19   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya

While it may indeed be interesting, I don't think this is very likely. Running different production lines for cars sharing engines and quite a few body panels, but not the chassis, doesn't seem feasible.

There's the issue of product overlap, the Grande will then find even fewer (than the already abysmal) number of buyers. Also, a brand as iconic as the Safari shouldn't really be diluted, by that I mean going significantly lower in the price chain and having to reduce equipment levels etc.
I accept what you are pointing about the brand safari being diluted but if the reach of the brand increases, it's always profitable for both the brand and end consumer and improves bottom line
Old 30th January 2012, 16:49   #384
BHPian

The safari Storme is definitely a better vehicle and iam sure they would sorted out all the issues, which the previous generation of safari was known for.Moreover Safari has always been known for its comfort and now with refined levels , would definitely do well .

Iam sure the top end version will have good amount of features like the Aria to cater to some customers.
Good to see indian manufacturers rising up to the competition.
Old 30th January 2012, 18:33   #385
BHPian

Did anyone pay a closer look at the engine bay and noticed the Amaron battery?!?! Shocking isint it that TATA isint using TATA Green batteries?
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 19:41   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Did anyone pay a closer look at the engine bay and noticed the Amaron battery?!?! Shocking isint it that TATA isint using TATA Green batteries?
Even the existing [at least, my] Safari uses AMARON only.
So, nothing new, I think.

Prem.
Old 30th January 2012, 19:57   #387
BHPian

The below link quotes price at around Rs.10 lakhs. If this is the cost I think this is fairly reasonable. May be higher end with all bells and whistles including ESP would cost another 2 to 3 lakhs more. This makes it very competetive with XUV. BTW about looks, it is again one's perspective.

Tata Safari Storme, Tata Safari Storme Price, Review, Mileage | CarDekho India
Old 30th January 2012, 20:26   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
The below link quotes price at around Rs.10 lakhs. If this is the cost I think this is fairly reasonable. May be higher end with all bells and whistles including ESP would cost another 2 to 3 lakhs more. This makes it very competetive with XUV.

If TATA does end up doing that,they might end up cannibalising sales of the entry variants of the Aria(I heard discounts are on offer).Lets face it,Safari does have that 'macho' image.Prospective customers might be tempted to settle for the top end safari!!
Old 30th January 2012, 21:51   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
No, don't read much into that. Not only because they have an asterisk and a
disclaimer that this is an indicative price. I have been viewing the same price
on this site for last 7-8 months - of course with name Merlin earlier - since I
was a prospective buyer of Safari.
Old 30th January 2012, 22:45   #390
AVR
BHPian

Totally speculative review. Don't think they have any more info beyond what was seen at the Expo. And the English was atrocious too.

Anyways, read the Autocar First Drive for the Storme and they rate it at 8/10 which I feel is rather good. It seems Tata's done a great job of improving on the key pain points of the old Safari i.e. Fit-n-finish, body-roll, overall quality and driveability. The only weakpoint seems to be the feature-list where not much can be done so late in the day. Nevertheless, am fine as long as what is offered works. Always.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks