Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 14:40   #481

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyPaaji View Post
Just an update on Storme tentative launch month I.e May, but one can spot the new safari at showroom in April.
Will it be only display vehicle or Tata will be start offering test drive also?
If test drive will be available, it will be good for potential customers to decide & go for booking immediately after launch. Just my thoughts...

Per Tata, machine will hit the showroom in later march or April, not sure if they setup a test drive concept before launch. Agree with you that customers are looking for checking in the vehicle details. Or they will follow FORCE rule, launch the vehicle and let customers choose thereafter.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2012 at 03:11. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 27th February 2012, 14:52   #482
BHPian

I was told by AGM service, that the training is going for them and TATA is also doing some changes based on the feedback received in Auto Expo. Not sure about the changes though
Old 29th February 2012, 18:52   #483
AVR
BHPian

Not sure about credibility but an interesting piece of news!

Tata Safari Storme Automatic | Blog91.com

Come to think of it, Storme AT would be a nice thing to offer. What do you guys think?
Old 29th February 2012, 20:16   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

@AVR, even Rediff reported the same a few days ago. It had mentioned the Storme, and Aria and a couple of other cars too.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:50   #485
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Any idea on who the Auto GB vendor is?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 29th February 2012, 20:54   #486
Senior - BHPian

At the Delhi expo the Auto which Tata displayed was mated to a 156 bhp variant of the 2.2 dicor.

So if (still rumors, so lets make it a big IF) this combo is made available in the Storme, it will make it the most powerful Indian SUV!!!
Old 29th February 2012, 21:09   #487
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
At the Delhi expo the Auto which Tata displayed was mated to a 156 bhp variant of the 2.2 dicor.

So if (still rumors, so lets make it a big IF) this combo is made available in the Storme, it will make it the most powerful Indian SUV!!!
I think an AT Storme with 400 + NM torque is just awesome! Makes sense on the product road map for the Safari.
Old 1st March 2012, 00:20   #488
BHPian

AT on Safari is a significant feature. Nevertheless pricing it competitively is all the more important.

Tata can offer AT, ABS & Airbags as options on all variants giving the buyer to configure the trims as per his choice. This will help as Tata will be the one indian manufacturer offering it as industry first.
Old 5th March 2012, 22:05   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Tata can offer AT, ABS & Airbags as options on all variants giving the buyer to configure the trims as per his choice. This will help as Tata will be the one indian manufacturer offering it as industry first.
They can but they will not. I am pretty sure that TATA will not do this. EVen if they offer Airbags on all variants i would be happy.

They have not offered this on a 18 lac Aria, i doubt if they offer this on the Safari.
Old 6th March 2012, 14:10   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I was told by AGM service, that the training is going for them and TATA is also doing some changes based on the feedback received in Auto Expo. Not sure about the changes though
One of the most important change that is being considered, maybe implemented as we speak, is mounting of the spare wheel on the tail gate!
R. Kotwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 16:01   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Kotwal View Post
One of the most important change that is being considered, maybe implemented as we speak, is mounting of the spare wheel on the tail gate!
Highly unlikely......that would involve significant re engineering of the rear door and the floor- dont see that hapening
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 00:17   #492
BHPian

Ok not sure how much we can rely on this new, but I had booked a test ride for the Xenon from the website and got a call from the Representative today.

I was not interested in the Xenon and asked for the Safari Storme and she informed that it will be available in the showrooms in 15 to 20 days. She said she will call me once they have the Test ride vehicle for Storme.

Me waiting desperately.
kailashnj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 00:28   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Highly unlikely......that would involve significant re engineering of the rear door and the floor- dont see that hapening
I should think a 3 month delay in getting the showcased vehicle to the showrooms was warranted to get this engineering done. Your point is well taken, but then , maybe re-enginering of the rear door is not such a big issue for a manufacturer of TATA's standing and resources. I believe the missing spare wheel on the tail gate on the Storme caused many raised eyebrows. The feedback recieved from even die hard Safari loyalists and various reviews and blogs was not encouraging. I believe TATA acknowledge that Safari has to be presented before the consumer in such a way that it did not dash their expectations of the SUV with an immense road presence. Moreover they had two formidable compitetors in the XUV500 and the expected Renault Duster within the same pricing range that needed urgent attention.

I have reasons to believe that the Storme is going to set this segment on fire. Apart from the cosmetics, I am told that the drive quality , stability and performance of the Storme is something that is going to blow everyone away. The delay is bringing the vehicle to the showroom is basically because the interiors are being further fine tuned. Hope they are able to re-design for spare wheel though!

Whatever is mentioned above is based on reliable reports which are however subject to authentication.
Old 7th March 2012, 00:47   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Kotwal View Post
...maybe re-enginering of the rear door is not such a big issue for a manufacturer of TATA's standing and resources. I believe the missing spare wheel on the tail gate on the Storme caused many raised eyebrows.
Spare wheel on the tail gate has ONLY one advantage - looks! But how many disadvantages does it have? Rattling to weight distribution to handling and what not! I am sure the spare wheel has gone under the car after quite some brainstorming and convictions within the product team! Storme's biggest USP is going to be lesser niggles & better quality is what I believe. Am sure TATA is ready to forego a bit of aesthetics for the over all betterment of the vehicle. Won't the same loyalists be happier if they have more advantages because of the spare wheel not on the tail gate?
Old 7th March 2012, 11:23   #495
Senior - BHPian

IF TATA is taking consumer feedback seriously, then my suggestion to them is to redo the front end and bring back some of the butch looks of the Safari.

It should not be so hard.. they can dip into their own parts inventory:
- put a Landy Freelander type grille and headlamps,
- put a curvy parking / turn signal lamp at each end to mimic the current safari lamp countors or slightly better if you will ( like what the fortuner got ), and viola, you have a much more desirable car...

the Storme's silly smiley grille makes a cartoon car out of a butch looking car.. fit to be in Cars4.

- I for one dont mind the spare under the floor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed