Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 14:25   #496
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Saw this snippet regarding Storme in Geneva motor show. So what does it mean by first half of next fiscal. Is it 1st April 2012 to September 30th. Too wide time frame to make any sense. Come on TATA, break the suspense.

The company also unveiled an advanced variant of its SUV Safari.

"The new variant -- Safari Storme -- will be launched commercially during the first half of the next fiscal," Telang said.

Below is the link.
It is Mahindra not us which have bid for Saab: Ratan Tata
Old 9th March 2012, 23:08   #497
BHPian

All,

Here is the photos of Tata Safari Storme from Geneva Motor show. If you look the last photo, it has a front facing seat..

Tata Safari Storme – Geneva 2012

And Many changes from Delhi Auto expo

Prajeesh
g_prajeesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 23:52   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
All,

Here is the photos of Tata Safari Storme from Geneva Motor show. If you look the last photo, it has a front facing seat..

Tata Safari Storme – Geneva 2012

Prajeesh
Excellent. The idea of a front facing last row itself is a big big plus. Right step from Tata.Now just add a 2 din system and launch the car ASAP
the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 00:28   #499
BHPian

Looks like some changes have been made to the models shown in Delhi Auto Expo, with the front facing rear seats being the most prominent. However, conspicuous in their absence is a better (read 2 DIN+Bluetooth connectivity) audio system. Given the fact that even the Indica now comes with bluetooth connectivity, this seems rather odd! Another feature which does not seem to be available is Climate Control as the AC controls seem to be the regular knobs with no temperature display.

In my mind, the deciding factor for many will be the pricing. If it is launched at around the current Safari levels + 5-10% or so, it should do well. Anything more, the Have-nots in this car, specially in the Gizmos/Electronics front will start to get noticed. And with the XUV having upped the ante (and how!) potential buyers may just want to spend 1L more and go for the XUV which gives the impression of being a much more modern vehicle than stick to the Safari.
Old 10th March 2012, 13:58   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you look the last photo, it has a front facing seat..
The front facing last row is a good idea, but what's with the humungous head-restraints? It looks like the seat-back is too short and they've tried to compensate by increasing the length of the head-restraints.

Quote:
Prajeesh
The interiors are black instead of beige, and there are reverse parking sensors, but I couldn't see any other significant differences?
Old 10th March 2012, 14:59   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
The front facing last row is a good idea, but what's with the humungous head-restraints? It looks like the seat-back is too short and they've tried to compensate by increasing the length of the head-restraints.
1. I think it is all they can do if they want to launch the vehicle soon. It might help spare some luggage space too either in middle or on the sides as the seats will occupy around half the width. The seats will eb good enogh for someone within 5 ft (i.e. upto 12 year kids). OK with me :-).
Old 10th March 2012, 16:42   #502
BHPian

The one on display in Geneva Motor show is a Left Hand Drive. So, there are high chances that we do not get the same interiors and other things in Indian version. On the very first page of this thread, we can eaisly see the jump seats as against the front facing seats in Geneva motor show.

Why this differentiation TATA?? :(
Old 10th March 2012, 17:52   #503
BHPian

"STORME" in cromium lining... I Like "SAFARI" insted of this..
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-image12.jpg  

Old 10th March 2012, 20:29   #504
BHPian

Guys anyone has better pictures of the 3rd row front facing seats from the storme displayed at Geneva show?
Old 11th March 2012, 00:32   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijan View Post
"STORME" in cromium lining... I Like "SAFARI" insted of this..
I would prefer "SAFARI", Thats the legendary name living great all these years !

Prem.
Old 11th March 2012, 15:31   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
All,

Latest European safety regulations do not allow side facing seats anymore. This is LR had to change the defender last row to front facing seats. Tata is will be forced to the do the same. This is actually a good thing for Indian consumer as we will get the same
Old 11th March 2012, 17:40   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Latest European safety regulations do not allow side facing seats anymore. This is LR had to change the defender last row to front facing seats. Tata is will be forced to the do the same. This is actually a good thing for Indian consumer as we will get the same
I may be ignorant here. But, how does the current Safari being sold in Italy ? Is it not side-facing in the rear ?

Prem.
Old 11th March 2012, 17:50   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
4x4addict : Latest European safety regulations do not allow side facing seats anymore. This is LR had to change the defender last row to front facing seats.
kaviprem : I may be ignorant here. But, how does the current Safari being sold in Italy ? Is it not side-facing in the rear ?
I dont think EU / Italy etc have a restriction that a SUV must have 7 seats, like Indian CMRV states.
Old 11th March 2012, 17:58   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I may be ignorant here. But, how does the current Safari being sold in Italy ? Is it not side-facing in the rear ?

Prem.
Tata Safari has not been sold in Italy since the rules came into effect. Check out the Tata italy website. The vehicles you see in forums were sold before the regulation is in effect. Aria, Xenon & Vista are the only offerings from Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I dont think EU / Italy etc have a restriction that a SUV must have 7 seats, like Indian CMRV states.
SUV doesn't have to be a 7 seater. But if they have third row it has to be front facing as per current. EU Safetly laws.
Old 11th March 2012, 18:01   #510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think its more to do with taxation structure than with any specific rule.

The pollution rules for 7 seaters is a bit relaxed as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks