Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 21:46   #541
AVR
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Some more pics and info on this link (Here)

Maroon looks nice on the Storme!
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 09:18   #542
BHPian

I must say the looks are growing on me. It does look nice in some shades and horrible in some others, but overall IMO is not a design as instantly likable as the first gen (and the 2.2 Dicor without that horrendous chrome grille) design. I would prefer this to come with as little electronics (which the TASS can't figure out anyway) as possible at an honest price and with good quality. Let's just hope Tata would throw a pleasant surprise with this one.
Old 19th March 2012, 14:35   #543
BHPian

I second Ajay0612 here. We are in the market for a seven seater suv and have been patiently waiting for the Storme's launch. Personally dont like the XUV 500 much, but will finalise on it if the Storme doesnt come with a front facing third row.

Quote:
OK. Let me explain:
1. The MUVs like Xylo & Innova do not carry image of a family vehicle. A person driving alone in these will carry an image of Driver and not of the owner :-). While I don't care, but these get a big No from my family owing to their image.
2. Xylo/ Ertiga/ XUV do not come with split rear seat so luggage will have to be mounted on roof making it inconvenient and will also compromise handling. Innova does have enough space but it is costly, too van-like & carries Taxi image. It is not tough/ torquey enough to carry the load up the broken hill roads fully loaded.
3. Safari with 2 small front facing seat would suit me to the T as it leaves enough room for luggage while carrying 4+2 kids (The current jump seats are of no use as one can't enjoy the vistas through the windows while travelling). It does not carry a Taxi image. It is tough/ torquey enough to conquer the hills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Please go through my previous comments. 'Taxi image' is one of the reason I am not considering it at this point (strongly vetoed by my family).

I am a sedate driver and do not intend to cut lanes so fast :-).

Well. Try standing with your back supported against a door of Innova and then Safari. You will notice the difference. After all 50% extra weight must have been pasted somewhere :-)."

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th March 2012 at 21:52. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 19th March 2012, 15:09   #544
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any concrete infor on Storme price and launch dates? I am in the market for a 10L vehicle and am very keen on considering the Storme as well.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:22   #545
BHPian

Is it not launched already. I have seen a couple of them doing rounds in Pune. Maybe there are test vehicles as it was on NH4 that I saw them.

Safari feels stripped down without spare wheel on the tailgate. Not a looker from 3 sides. Front is Ok
Old 19th March 2012, 15:45   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Some more pics and info on this link (Here)

Maroon looks nice on the Storme!
Thanks AVR for the link. I see a lot of positive changes in Safari Storm every time the new spy shots come.

This time I noticed that finally Safari is getting properly designed mud flaps in front & rear which it deserves. The current ones a just like local trucks having rubber cuttings attached to wheel arches.

Kudos to Tata for having worked out & improved every small thing. Der Ae Durust Ae! Launch it now...

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-safaristormefront.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-safaristormerear.jpg
Old 19th March 2012, 16:18   #547
BHPian

Sure, TATA Motors is working hard to improve the Storm further, but the proof of the pudding lies in the eating. Will need to improve-
1. Gearbox
2. Handling-Improve that top heavy turns
3. Brakes
4. Suspension-To take that heavy weight
5. Most important-A niggle free product
Lets see how the final product turns out to be
Old 19th March 2012, 16:24   #548
BHPian

Here's a promotional video of the upcoming TATA Safari Storme.

Tata Safari Storme promotional video footage

Source: Indian Autos Blog
Old 19th March 2012, 21:56   #549
BHPian

Any news for the final date of the launch and availability ???

Tata come on don't make it so hard for all of us, declare something in the media as that might help some buyers out in the market for a new car.
Old 19th March 2012, 22:23   #550
AWD
BHPian

Considering niggles cropping up in Aria, XUV, Thar, it would be worth-while waiting for atleast six months after launch. Or be a guinea pig for the great Indian manufacturers!

Actually six months is the least, giving these products a year to settle down would be rewarding.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:06   #551
BHPian

Again yesterday night saw three Stromes. Two of them were uncovered, white in color and one was stickered one.

The two which were uncovered were running like crazy and followed them from Dange Chowk till Akurdi chowk were they took a left turn. These cars were pulling effortlessly and zipping through the traffic. Could not take pics as it was night time and moreover I was driving. In both the Strome, I did not see the third row front facing seats.

Guess the launch date is quite closer as they are now testing it without covers!
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 13:23   #552
BHPian

Well well!! Looks like the Mahindra's are planning to really take on the Storme. Looks like they are planning to offer a stripped down version of the XUV 500 below the W6 version which will naturally be even lower in price.

Speculation: Mahindra to launch a cut price variant of the 2012 XUV500 Crossover in the coming months? | IndianCarsBikes.in

Given the fact that the Storme is low on electronics anyway, this will be a direct competitor to the Storme, and if priced correctly, can very well seriously affect the sale prospects of the 4x2 models of the Storme specially if Mahindra can ramp up its production and reduce the waiting period.

Com'on TATA launch the Storme now!! Or rather would you wait for the XUV W4 to be launched as well!!
Old 1st April 2012, 19:50   #553
BHPian

AVR, Harshal, Ramky and I had a good look at a Safari Storme on the way to Leh for testing today. The car definitely looks a lot better in the flesh and the interiors feel better than that of the Safari. Incidentally, there was a left hand drive Aria as part of the convoy.
Old 1st April 2012, 19:59   #554
BHPian

Two pictures of the merlin from the Defense Expo Source: IAB

Looks stunning in black!!
Attached Images

Y@SH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 23:17   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Two pictures of the merlin from the Defense Expo Source: IAB

Looks stunning in black!!
Excellent, Black is really stunning and I dont miss the spare wheel at the rear door. It looks a very neat design all around !

Only thing that is missing now is its launch :(

Prem.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks