Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:50   #646
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Not sure how authentic the information is but the below website says Storme launch date to be 28-May-2012

Tata Safari Storme Launch Date In India
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:37   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Saw three Stormes with red number plates on my way to Goa when I was in Pune in between the tolls. Got to take pics of all of them. Posting the one with the most chrome . It had LX4 written at the back.
do post the rest if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
I just went to the temple to pray that LX4 means a base version 4wd. Let's see if God is listening. lol.
MM heard first IIRC. And glad that Tata too by now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I really hope Tata does away with the insurance based extended warranty, and give a flat 4 year warranty.
It will give out the signal that tata trusts the quality of its own vehicle.

And 4 years, 100,000kms is not a very unrealistic expectation. Nothing bug should go wrong with a modern vehicle in this time frame.

If not that, a 3 year warranty(standard) like the Aria would also be a good start.

And then there is the pricing. This is an evolution of existing safari, and it should be priced at the same level, or atmost, slightly higher than the current safari.
Exactly! Mines done 1lac plus and I am very happy with the engine-wengine part (apart from the EGR sound, which the new gen Safari dont have).
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:48   #648
BHPian

Encountered two Storms yesterday in Pimpri.
Strange thing: One was fully masked & other was fully unmasked!
They were testing in peak traffic hours.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:41   #649
AWD
BHPian

More than anything else Consumers want an Reliable, trouble free vehicle. Hope all the testing is aimed at making Storm one. Front windshield is still like the older gen. vehicles, huge green-house & with this I guess the seating position would also not have changed i.e. climbing into the cabin & sitting up like truck/bus drivers. You often get a feel that in case of a front end shunt, the driver would be thrown out from the windscreen.
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:40   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Safari might look almost similar. But it has completely different underpinnings. The chassis is different. Storme uses shortened version of Aria's chassisTata Safari Storme review, test drive - Review - Autocar India.
Reading this review, it so seems that everything is finally going to boil down to "the price". Clearly Tata has not brought anything 'significantly' new to the table. Even the interior looks quite simple and has a "been there, seen that" kind of a look. If they price this aggressively then they may still have a winner on hand, simply because of the loyalty and credibility factor. After driving the XUV5OO, this one looks "old", if you know what I mean. Having said that, waiting eagerly for the test drive. If the fit and finish is good and the drive is pleasant and of course "the price" brings on that smile, then maybe this could be the next car.
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:09   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
do post the rest if you can.
Exactly! Mines done 1lac plus and I am very happy with the engine-wengine part (apart from the EGR sound, which the new gen Safari dont have).
Your wish is my command. Hadn't been to this thread before. Didn't know about the love the Safari generates
This was of the white version. Didn't have any badging at the back & less chrome. Got only the rear pictures of this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-20120428_104838.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-20120428_104841-copy.jpg  

AvinashV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:17   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Saw three Stormes with red number plates on my way to Goa when I was in Pune in between the tolls. Got to take pics of all of them. Posting the one with the most chrome . It had LX4 written at the back.
Not to spoil the party but I think its a LXA rather than LX4. A as in ABS and not 4 for 4X4. The A is so steeply raked that it appears as 4. See below picutres I had taken at Auto Expo. As can be see below 4X4 is shown separately in the VX model. Only thing different is the position of the smaller A letter has been shifted downwards compared to Auto Expo model. I had read in this thread earlier that the small P stands for model with Parking sensors
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-dsc_2294.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-dsc_2286.jpg  

the VTEC guy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:23   #653
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Not to spoil the party but I think its a LXA rather than LX4. A as in ABS and not 4 for 4X4
I don't like your post. lol.
I think ABS in the LX model is also a good idea. Vehicles like the Safari LX will serve a larger audience if they have ABS than if they had 4wd. That would just be a handful of us
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:32   #654
BHPian

Tata needs to launch the Storme soon. Looking at the numbers for April posted by GTO, Safari fell below 1000 mark! Looking at the pictures and the interiors of the storme, I think pricing will pay a big role in how well the new Storme will do.
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:38   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Your wish is my command. Hadn't been to this thread before. Didn't know about the love the Safari generates
This was of the white version. Didn't have any badging at the back & less chrome. Got only the rear pictures of this one.

I see all this new Safaris every weekend on my way to Satara, they run till old Khandala toll plaza and then stop at a hotel, last time I stopped to see there were many vehicle on test Nano, Vista, Manza, Indigo.

I asked the driver if this is new Safari Storme but he said no this is Marlin :P

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 3rd May 2012 at 22:40. Reason: text added
Old 4th May 2012, 18:58   #656
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I have just been invited to a sneak preview of the Storme at the plant, courtesy Prerana Motors Bangalore, they say Tata want actual user feedback before the launch, since I am a Safari owner, I qualified .

They are flying me to Pune and back along with the MD of Prerana over Sunday and Monday.

Pretty excited about the invite, I hope other Safari owners from different parts of India also make it to Pune, will post a detailed (unfortunately am not too much of a car tech savvy guy) review once I get back.

Would love to ask questions on behalf of my fellow tbhpians when I get the opportunity, so guys, please feel free to post all queries regarding the Storme which I will try and get answers for.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 19:02   #657
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Ok, I have just been invited to a sneak preview of the Storme at the plant, courtesy Prerana Motors Bangalore, they say Tata want actual user feedback before the launch, since I am a Safari owner, I qualified .

They are flying me to Pune and back along with the MD of Prerana over Sunday and Monday.

Pretty excited about the invite, I hope other Safari owners from different parts of India also make it to Pune, will post a detailed (unfortunately am not too much of a car tech savvy guy) review once I get back.

Would love to ask questions on behalf of my fellow tbhpians when I get the opportunity, so guys, please feel free to post all queries regarding the Storme which I will try and get answers for.

This is serious, I was still thinking you were trying a Fast One on me

Way to go, trash it around for a perfect TD, hope to see more once you return.

And.. A perfect Birthday Gift for you from the TATA's
Old 4th May 2012, 19:04   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Hari, congrats ! Lucky bloke, you.

One of the first questions I would have asked is about the styling. Esp if it is different underneath, then why the hell change only 40% of the styling ?

4x4, ABS, TCS - we need this as options at all trim levels (except may be the lowest). If some people dont want these, there are many of us who want these. Can TM give this to us ?

Last edited by condor : 4th May 2012 at 19:06.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 19:49   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please ask them the following question?

"For God's sake, when are you going to launch it!!??"

Awaiting your post Storme-preview update to put us out of our misery.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th May 2012 at 19:51.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 20:01   #660
BHPian

Quote:

If you get to TD - drive it to its limit.
Please ask them to bring LX 4X4.
Please ask them why the half hearted exteriors.
Will they continue to sell both the Safaris side by side.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks