Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 09:34   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
From these pics i personally feel that the handling is improved a lot.

Regarding looks, frankly no one cares as long as they get the pricing right, remember Xuv 500, people who called it with what not names the night it was launched, became the fans of the same Xuv500 once the pricing was announced.

If they price it around 13L for the top end competing with Scorpio, then there are chances on this seeing this some numbers, anything beyond 13L, it has to compete with XUV too...!!
Probably most changed their mind over the pricing, but for me, the drivers seat was the one that put me off for XUV. For my height, 5'9" , when I increased the height of the seat to get a better view , the headroom was so low that I would hit my head to the roof on a speedbreaker and If I reduced the height, the visibility took a hit. Everything else (Features, Shape, Looks) was just awesome.

The seating at least for me is the most important thing as I am going to drive it all the time and feel Safari's seating is just amazing. The view of the road is superb and is spacious. If they have done enough on sorting out the technical issues then modifying the front is not that big a deal to one's liking
Old 6th January 2012, 09:37   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Its apparent Tata spent more effort mechanically on this evolution.

1. Any indications about pricing ?
2. Any commitments from Tata about the Storme's production quality ?
Old 6th January 2012, 09:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
In the Mega Thread, prmd_cochin tried to make the front look better.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...d-pics-16.html

But I still prefer a rectangular headlight and grille and feel it will make it look really awesome. Pic1 is modified and Pic 2 is original.
Ah! that look better! More macho!

@ inder_s1; I am using it

Last edited by jkdas : 6th January 2012 at 09:45.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:55   #79
xPK
BHPian

I truly hated the looks until it is presented in Expo. Frankly, now I'm not finding it too bad (especially the white one). But seriously, what's the thing with chrome lip (which was totally unnecessary) and grid (which seem to be outsourced from "Juna Bazaar")?
Old 6th January 2012, 09:57   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Am waiting for the spec sheet.
Quote:
kaviprem : The Dual colours in rear [in White] looks good and to an extent, it takes away the spare wheel dream [to me, at least].
+1

Quote:
kaviprem : Whats the "OverDrive" in gearbox specification [mentioned in the AD] ? I never heard of it in a manual transmission.
@KaviPrem - am a lil surprised you say this. Manual transmission vehicles do have overdrive. Pls check the owner's manual of your vehicle, in the tech specs section.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:59   #81
BANNED

I find it not bad. Especially, after watching the Ad, it really is growing on me. I like it. Classy.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:09   #82
BHPian

Somebody was talking about 13L for the top end !! But 13L for a vehicle with no ACC, no Audio control on steering wheel, no Blue n Me etc etc ??? Not happenning ! I have a feeling that Tata is going to price the Storme way below that. Only then do they stand a chance. Hope I am right !
Old 6th January 2012, 10:14   #83

There was a time when people after seeing the safari first time say “kya gaadi hai! (What a Car)”. Now, I think all the design engineers in TML are old fashioned and they are old in their mind also. Being a fan of old TATA Safari, first good looking SUV in Indian market, I am very much disappointed by the interior design of this safari. XUV 500 is miles ahead of this ‘old wine in new bottle’ in terms of modern gadgets and design. They have wasted crores of rupees in making this junkyard crap.

Last edited by theMAG : 6th January 2012 at 10:38. Reason: Removing formatting tags
Old 6th January 2012, 10:22   #84
BHPian

BTW, Safari Storm also has got improved turning radius? 5.4m? as against the current one which 6m.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:28   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
BTW, Safari Storm also has got improved turning radius? 5.4m? as against the current one which 6m.
I feel this is the biggest achievement in Safari Storme than all bells and whistles.

Most dissapointing thing would be no 2 DIN HU Place. These days 2 DIN HU is common in all SUV.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I personally feel its high time TATA "Reclaims Your Life".

you have wasted all the opportunities and time.

A big let down.
+1 to that. And as for TATA "Reclaims Your Life", it should be Tata, "Get a Life".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My dream car has now turned sour.
+1. Can't believe this is the vehicle I have loved,adored and even worshipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post

And what is that 3rd gear CD change thing you talking of,eh?
And existing owners, please answer this! What's the CD change thing that GTO is speaking of?
Old 6th January 2012, 10:49   #87
Senior - BHPian

I like the front and rear changes in the Storme, but side profile does not look good in the pictures. I forwarded this thread link to my friend who was eagerly waiting for this, even he is not that excited about the Storme.

Decided to wait for Guru's test drive report and pricing announcement. Anyway he will take the decision only after test driving the Storme.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:49   #88
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. And as for TATA "Reclaims Your Life", it should be Tata, "Get a Life".

+1. Can't believe this is the vehicle I have loved,adored and even worshipped.

And existing owners, please answer this! What's the CD change thing that GTO is speaking of?
Not an existing owner, I think there was a issue wherein the AU was at a position obstructing it's operation (specially while ejecting CD)when 3rd gear was engaged.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:58   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The position of the gear lever (when in 3rd gear) and the HU is such that - when you are in 3rd gear, you cannot easily eject a CD from the HU. It is not so bad in 1st or 5th gear.

The CD will come out of the HU, but you will not be able to freely take it out from that point - and you will also not be able to insert a CD when in 3rd gear.

I have noticed this problem in the Sumo Victa too.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 11:02   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
Is this built on the new aria platform or is it the same old platform. If its the old one, then this's nothing more than a mere facelift. Still not sure what were they testing in these past years.
It seems that it has a new platform. The front track increased to 158cms and rear to 155 cms (similarly as Aria). This will certainly do magic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks