Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 11:58   #466
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I saw the Storme in flesh, finally. This was on the NH4 and thankfully I was just behind it on the Toll booth. And there was also the current Safari in the next toll booth lane. Looking at them side by side, I thought the Storme ain't that bad looking. At least not something that will bore you, discourage you from booking one. The rear of the Storme looked really good and had a modern feeling to it (Range Rover inspiration?).

If all the initial reports, speculations turn out to be real, then Storme should rock. For me the ideal price range for Storme is 8.5 to 10.5 lacs, but if Tatas decide to battle it against the XUV, then I will look somewhere else.
Tata has stopped offering 4x4 in EX & GX models of current Safari. I am afraid that 4x4 will be launched only in Storme top model & will cost almost same as XUV500. Not sure if it will be a smart strategy...
Old 26th February 2012, 15:48   #467

Just an update on Storme tentative launch month I.e May, but one can spot the new safari at showroom in April.

that macho looks has been worked upon but made worse or better is still the question unless we see the truck on roads. I being owner of my second safari eager to own new version too. *thumbs up*

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Only 2 smilies allowed per post. Please read the Announcements before proceeding. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th February 2012 at 20:41. Reason: See note in post
Old 26th February 2012, 22:58   #468
BHPian

I dont understand why Tata's want to keep this vehicle in suspense, now that they have launched the vehicle in Auto Expo, why cant they just announce the price and say available from March or xyz month, or is there some more testing to be done? This thread will lead more towards speculations.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:38   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I dont understand why Tata's want to keep this vehicle in suspense, now that they have launched the vehicle in Auto Expo, why cant they just announce the price and say available from March or xyz month, or is there some more testing to be done? This thread will lead more towards speculations.
In all probability, the delay in launch is due the Gov.' decision to rationalize diesel car prices / impose duty. Tata's are waiting for that decision to happen.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:54   #470
BHPian

Tata safari Storme definitely has the looks & features to compete with XUV500, may be it will even edge out the XUV500 in that regard. But as regards to its 4X4 verison, if that only avaliable for the top end then its definitely a bit of dampener.
Old 27th February 2012, 11:10   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
In all probability, the delay in launch is due the Gov.' decision to rationalize diesel car prices / impose duty. Tata's are waiting for that decision to happen.
Why will that make a difference ?
Old 27th February 2012, 11:13   #472
Senior - BHPian

It could do more with taxes, than with the price of diesel. A price increase after launch today because of an increase in taxes next month, will be a hard pill to swallow. So better check taxes and price accordingly. My guess, though.
Old 27th February 2012, 11:30   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
It could do more with taxes, than with the price of diesel. A price increase after launch today because of an increase in taxes next month, will be a hard pill to swallow. So better check taxes and price accordingly.
Not really. Any increase in taxes will be applicable to all manufacturers.

Actually, Tata may even gain in such a scenario. If the market feels it is overpriced, then TML can use the change in prices due to increase in taxes to camouflage a price correction.

Let's say TML prices the Storme at 10L. Due to change in taxes, they may need to increase prices to 10.75L. But if the market response is not good (because they feel the price is high), then TML can revise the price to say 10.5L or similar.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 11:32   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Why will that make a difference ?
It certainly makes a difference in terms of pricing. Imagine a situation, Tata launches Storme in 10L odd, and after the launch it is dearer by another 80k because of Gov's decision. This will in a way enter the XUV's existing price range, of course XUV's pricing will go up, but still it will pinch the customers who know XUV was launched at that price.

From a positioning and pricing strategy point of view, it is important for manufacturers to know the Gov' call in this.
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 11:37   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Let's say TML prices the Storme at 10L. Due to change in taxes, they may need to increase prices to 10.75L. But if the market response is not good (because they feel the price is high), then TML can revise the price to say 10.5L or similar.
I think this backward revision in price is what is affecting the Aria already. People consider it overpriced and when it is now available at almost 2L lesser (temporary revision or not), old buyers will feel cheated.

So maybe Tata is playing it safe, to make sure they price it right from day one. Or the other reason would be, to do better work on the dashboard, where many people have commented on the lack of a 2-DIN system.
Old 27th February 2012, 11:43   #476

not sure about the camouflaged vehicle.
To me it looks like the new safari, but fail to understand why it was camouflaged.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-20120226011.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-20120226012.jpg  

nimhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 12:05   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
It certainly makes a difference in terms of pricing.
@ThrottleKing, I have answered the same point in my prev post above

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I think this backward revision in price is what is affecting the Aria already. People consider it overpriced and when it is now available at almost 2L lesser (temporary revision or not), old buyers will feel cheated
This is exactly what can be avoided if TML starts sales now. And that is what I have tried to say in my prev post.

TML can start sales now, judge the response of the market at the released price, and if required, announce a corrected price in combination with the price increase due to any higher taxes.

Similarly, for Aria, TML will have to make the increase only nominal, so that the price adjustment of the product + increase in taxes is a consolidated number.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 13:49   #478
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimhan View Post
not sure about the camouflaged vehicle.
To me it looks like the new safari, but fail to understand why it was camouflaged.
The camouflage stickers probably date back prior to the Auto Expo launch. There's not much value in removing the stickers, I suppose, and so the mule continues to run unchanged.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:00   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Tata safari Storme definitely has the looks & features to compete with XUV500, may be it will even edge out the XUV500 in that regard. But as regards to its 4X4 verison, if that only avaliable for the top end then its definitely a bit of dampener.

Storme following Safari and XUV500 following Scorpio is what i understand, companies strategies are. Both stands at different set of parameters hence can't compare as it's entirely on individual taste. People who test drive Storme immidieatly after the XUV, will have wrinkles on forehead for Storme. Like i said, both are formed of two different DNA. Leakage news (My friend in Tata at Sr.position) is Storme 4wd will launch in two version The one will be like Safari 2.2 VX 4x4 model (Sophisticated) and other one, we already have seen (non bodycoloured bumper) with customized bumper having warn winch on it and hood carrying a snorkel on top of it.

I personally go for the base model of 4wd and will customized it. The steel bumper Winch & fog lights on it) is already being offered and can be order seperately, even today.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:08   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyPaaji View Post
Just an update on Storme tentative launch month I.e May, but one can spot the new safari at showroom in April.
Will it be only display vehicle or Tata will be start offering test drive also?
If test drive will be available, it will be good for potential customers to decide & go for booking immediately after launch. Just my thoughts...

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2012 at 03:11. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks