Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 23:23   #556
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

@kaviprem. That is correct. Launch is very much needed.
How long do we have to wait till we see some reviews and test drives?
I am eagerly waiting to see if this could make my next car list
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:10   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
@kaviprem. That is correct. Launch is very much needed.
How long do we have to wait till we see some reviews and test drives?
I am eagerly waiting to see if this could make my next car list
They are going to lose many customers soon (I am one) owing to such inordinate delays.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:40   #558
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
AVR, Harshal, Ramky and I had a good look at a Safari Storme on the way to Leh for testing today. The car definitely looks a lot better in the flesh and the interiors feel better than that of the Safari. Incidentally, there was a left hand drive Aria as part of the convoy.

The Safari Storme is awesome in flesh! A chance spotting of it yesterday removed all my doubts about it not matching up to the original Safari. Yes, there's no tyre, but this looks bigger with that squarish front and has turned out very well. What adds to the charm is the interiors. They look premium and the best part about the car is that it's not trying too hard to stand out like the XUV which is my biggest grouse with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
They are going to lose many customers soon (I am one) owing to such inordinate delays.
In a brief chat with the testing officials from TML, they mentioned a month or so more for launch. They should have ideally leveraged the momentum/hype from the Auto Expo and launched it earlier. But am hoping the delay before launch will actually reduce niggles post launch. The test officials themselves said that the old Safari is no comparison to this one in terms of handling and performance and we should expect to be pleasantly surprised. Saying that they took off for Leh where they are reaching on the 7th.

Here are a few pics from Harshal!
@Ankon - post your pics too!

That's me chatting with the official sitting inside.

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-img20120401wa0001.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-img20120401wa0002.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-img20120401wa0003.jpg
AVR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:11   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
The Safari Storme is awesome in flesh! A chance spotting of it yesterday removed all my doubts about it not matching up to the original Safari. Yes, there's no tyre, but this looks bigger with that squarish front and has turned out very well. What adds to the charm is the interiors. They look premium and the best part about the car is that it's not trying too hard to stand out like the XUV which is my biggest grouse with it.

Hi AVR,
Nice piece of info and photos, thanks for sharing.
Can you share whether the last row of seats were as per new design or the ones present in old model. Also would be interested to know if you were able to check out the kind ICE this model had.

Also would suggest to watermark these photos asap before somebody puts them on some other sites.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd April 2012 at 09:05. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:23   #560
AVR
BHPian

Hi Deepak,

Thanks. Comments inline.

Cheers,
Adi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Can you share whether the last row of seats were as per new design or the ones present in old model.

Side-facing jump seats

Also would be interested to know if you were able to check out the kind ICE this model had.

Am quite ignorant on that front but maybe Teknophobia/Harshal/Ramky can comment on that. But it wasn't very jazzy nor with a touchscreen.

Also would suggest to watermark these photos asap before somebody puts them on some other sites.

That's alright bro. Car is already launched. Actually Harshal's pics so maybe he wants to?
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:30   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Hi AVR,
Can you share whether the last row of seats were as per new design or the ones present in old model. Also would be interested to know if you were able to check out the kind ICE this model had.

We have seen some pictures from the Auto Expo and the video of the merlin as well it has only a single din unit.
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:33   #562
BHPian

I took one pic since I was also busy checking ou the car :P, wasn't very happy with it but I'll post it in the evening.
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:40   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi AVR,

The ICE setup was a simple single DIN unit as shown in launch pics and i feel thats what they are going to give to the market.

The fit and finish was simply amazing and impressive. He requested us not to click interior pics so we didnt but he was kind enough to let us get a good inside view. Along with the Storme they were also road testing a LHD ARIA for SA market.

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-01042012235.jpg
h@r$h@l is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:00   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Along with the Storme they were also road testing a LHD ARIA for SA market.

Attachment 910651
Thanks for the info! By the way, South Africa (if that's what you meant) is RHD market.
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:02   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Thanks for the info! By the way, South Africa (if that's what you meant) is RHD market.
I agree to that and thats what i have been thinking since he told us South Africa. Cuz i remember tht SA is a RHD market. May be the test drivers arent as much updated about exports.
Old 4th April 2012, 18:54   #566
BHPian

I will be in the market for an SUV in May-June and I am really looking forward to this launch. But my brother called two dealers in Delhi( HIM Motors and Techno Auto) to enquire about the launch but they had no clue! If TATA is going to launch a vehicle in a month then shouldnt all dealers be ready with this information?
Old 4th April 2012, 20:10   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
...But my brother called two dealers in Delhi( HIM Motors and Techno Auto) to enquire about the launch but they had no clue! If TATA is going to launch a vehicle in a month then shouldnt all dealers be ready with this information?
Guess they will be called for training only 2-3 weeks prior to the launch [Maruti does it this way]. So they should have a proper idea within the next 1.5 months is what I assume.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 22:10   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
I will be in the market for an SUV in May-June and I am really looking forward to this launch. But my brother called two dealers in Delhi( HIM Motors and Techno Auto) to enquire about the launch but they had no clue! If TATA is going to launch a vehicle in a month then shouldnt all dealers be ready with this information?
I am hearing that the launch will not happen before June. Looks like TM has not finalized the exact launch date yet, all dates making rounds are mere speculation.
Old 5th April 2012, 09:33   #569
BHPian

Saw 4 Safari Storme being tested on Dehu road/bypass today on my way to office. 3 of them were waiting. Thought of stopping and checking however had to rush to office. I wanted to check the 3rd row configuration.
Old 5th April 2012, 09:59   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guess they will be called for training only 2-3 weeks prior to the launch [Maruti does it this way]. So they should have a proper idea within the next 1.5 months is what I assume.
Local TASS said their guys got trained and hence it should be coming soon.

Thanks for the pix & details AVR.

XUV doesnt look massive unlike in pix. See a lot of it these days.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks