Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 11:48   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
, when I inquired with driver he said its marlin not Safari :P

Attachment 915035
This car is different than what we had spotted. Notice the dual exhaust tips in the car that we saw on out skirts of A'bad.

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-img20120401wa0003.jpg
Old 12th April 2012, 11:52   #587
Senior - BHPian

^^^ This (one posted by @Thar4x4) does has dual exhausts, but seems banged up at the rear, as the cladding has been changed to non-coloured one & the exhaust cover for one on the right side is missing.

Even the rear bumper is not complete.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 11:58   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
This car is different than what we had spotted. Notice the dual exhaust tips in the car that we saw on out skirts of A'bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
^^^ This (one posted by @Thar4x4) does has dual exhausts, but seems banged up at the rear, as the cladding has been changed to non-coloured one & the exhaust cover for one on the right side is missing.

Even the rear bumper is not complete.
This too have dual exhaust see the image

Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012-06042012284.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th April 2012 at 00:06. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
Old 12th April 2012, 14:04   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4
Safari storme is still in testing, spotted it on Pune Banglore highway near Khandala last Friday, when I inquired with driver he said its marlin not Safari :P
They seem to be thrashing the living daylights out of the car in the name of testing. Endurance test? I wish Tata would give us a general idea of the launch dates.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 21:54   #590
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: From a semi-reliable source. Storme Expected Launch April Month end / First week of May. I hope Tata does not push the dates further.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 22:29   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
UPDATE: From a semi-reliable source. Storme Expected Launch April Month end / First week of May. I hope Tata does not push the dates further.
That was the old plan. I believe it is targeted for June launch now. I sincerely hope they launch before June as June/July is rainy season in west coast and relatively slow month for vehicle sales.
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 10:58   #592
BHPian

I think people are getting worn out from the expectation. Secondly if they time it in June/July that would probably be when XUV cycle three begins. Bad timing given the price they will pitch this vehicle at.

Not forgetting the initial 6 months glitch period.
Old 19th April 2012, 13:55   #593
Senior - BHPian

Storme production has started. I heard that an initial lot of 1000 stormes are being manufactured now. So the launch should be soon. I got this information about the production from a very reliable source.
pjbiju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 14:48   #594
Senior - BHPian

It is now imperative to know the difference/modifications/changes from the model that appear in Auto Expo and actual market model. This will be going to clear only after it is available in the showroom.

In these days they have got one more vehicle (XUV500) for benchmarking.
Old 19th April 2012, 17:06   #595
BHPian

if they launch it around June/July then they will have more players apart from XUV the Duster, Eco Sport to complete with, I dont understand what's holding them from launch.
Old 20th April 2012, 19:00   #596
Senior - BHPian

My sneaky suspicion is that Tata wants to price the Storme really competitively which will effectively mean taking a hit on company margins.

They will let the first financial quarter pass and do a June launch with cars actually hitting roads in July. Run an introductory price for three months and recover margins in the final two quarters.

Again this my belief and I am not in touch with the so called 'company insiders'!!
Old 20th April 2012, 19:15   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
My sneaky suspicion is that Tata wants to price the Storme really competitively which will effectively mean taking a hit on company margins.

They will let the first financial quarter pass and do a June launch with cars actually hitting roads in July. Run an introductory price for three months and recover margins in the final two quarters.
Does TATA really have any other option with the Storme? The product needs to be placed very competitively for it to sell. Other than the 4X4 low, it has no other USP. The Ertiga beats it on pure value, the XUV beats it in tech and goodies and with the Duster and Ecosport coming up, it might offer very little VFM as well.

So really, if the festive pricing does not go on for ever and not just three months as that is when the Duster will probably be out, I see the Storme going the Aria way. And that would be sad!
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 20:55   #598
BHPian

This is a remarkable face-lift only when you compare it to the existing Safari looks. I guess some one who has used a safari before would understand why I say, that I just did. The only other thing I am hoping is that TATA pays more attention to detail while rolling these beauties out of the shed. And also that they spend more time and attention to the after-sales. All the best to TATA and god-speed...
Old 21st April 2012, 14:36   #599
BHPian

Any special pricing at this stage implies a re-pricing of the entire safari range lower than it's current price. Will that happen? In other words the Storme will be priced lower than the current Safari ? I think if TML were so keen on Safari they would be doing that already. By not increasing the prices post the budget. But they have increased the price. I don't feel there is room for a further margin hit. Unless it's dire essential and then how will they sustain it ? What magic aura will this product create post sales that it has'nt created already post the expo? Tough !!
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:26   #600
BHPian

Noticed the Safari ad again on air, priced at 8.15L. And also the ad about heavy discount in TATA SUVs. This either means they are clearing the stock or the launch is still too far.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed