Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 09:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012

When are they coming up with the official launch of the Captiva? I thought they would come out with the pricing at the Auto-expo. I am not sure how well will be the all black interiors be accepted. Generally dual tone or beige is the preferred shade in the D segment and onwards.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
106 BHP in a Tavera - looks like a lot of call centre lives are at risk!
Actually the Sumo Grande/Grande @ 120 BHP is the "team leader" in that department. The Chevy ought to be content with the second spot.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet @ the Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPT2625 View Post
Actually the Sumo Grande/Grande @ 120 BHP is the "team leader" in that department. The Chevy ought to be content with the second spot.
Tavera used to give more kmpl IIRC and drove like a car unlike the competition. And it was almost maintenance free or cheaper to .

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The new Captiva interiors are not heart winning types. Cruze's modifications are available in after market, and they should have put up some details on the facelifted cruze to be launched.

Will the electric beat and Volt be launched in India?
Why get from aftermarket when the company gives by default? Why play with warranty? IMHO, manufactures should give option of such loaded car package as option.

SUV's are of shortage in 15-25lac range. Captiva dint sell a lot and I guess one reason should be HVAC. Glad that they added one extra now for rear passengers. Please price it well !
Old 6th January 2012, 09:35   #19
BHPian

The interiors of the captiva looks tacky to me or is it the color that makes me feel so? Also, like one of them asked before, any idea if the cruze will come with a new engine? I am in the market for a car this year and the cruze and Jetta are on my radar. But the jetta seems too pricy for what it offers.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:36   #20
BHPian

Is the captiva picture showing a facelift ? I thought it was a let down. I liked the conservative face of the older captiva than this. Also this one looks like someone shot the car on its face with a shotgun. just my personal opinion.
They could have atleast given the car a flashy interior which i think looks plain (o).

I like the American beauties and muscle. What about the SAIC sedans and hatchback (Chevy forgot or did I miss ?).

I think they should have put a 1.3MJD in the chevy Aveo and launched it here in Auto Expo (fiat fans excuse me for saying this!).

They are into electric vehicles but was there anything that was right hand driven ? I guess not so I guess they might remain concepts for a while. Anyways Indian markets are not matured enough for electric vehicles in the mainstream market.

Last edited by figo_mba : 6th January 2012 at 09:38.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:42   #21
Team-BHP Support

The Tavera is looking pretty good. Even after so many years imo it looks much better than Xylo and has a more butch look than the Innova. 106bhp is pretty good. As a family MUV this is worth a good look.

I don't see any changes in the Cruze except for the after market headlamps and tail lamps. Interiors always had a dual tone theme.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th January 2012 at 09:43.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:48   #22
BHPian

I am surprised not to see Trailblazer in their portfolio. Captiva looks a confused soul - itching for an acceptance like sedan and yet having an SUV stance. In my opinion, SUVs should look rugged, with a roaring road presence. The interiors of Captiva is not at all inspiring - maybe a tad few touches over existing model.
Would love to see Camaro revving in Pune
Old 6th January 2012, 10:09   #23
BHPian

Thanks for bringing us up to date on the cars.

The one common question for most photographs is :What happened to all the cheesecake? They look all bored and sour faced?
Old 6th January 2012, 10:22   #24
BHPian

Present gen captiva looks better than the new model shown here, and about cruz less said the better. Atleast hope they have given cruz a better suspension set-up
Old 6th January 2012, 10:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

What on earth happened to the touchcreen nav in the new Cativa? They were supposed to add that !! The Interiors in that color are just boring and i dont foresee this car making any big dents especially with the new Fortuner out.
The interiors really need some wood, beige and a nice touchsreen display IMHO.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:51   #26
BHPian

I am waiting for Sail the replacement for Aveo but seems there is no news on this in this Auto Expo. Any news on that?
Old 6th January 2012, 10:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
The interiors of the captiva looks tacky to me or is it the color that makes me feel so? Also, like one of them asked before, any idea if the cruze will come with a new engine? I am in the market for a car this year and the cruze and Jetta are on my radar. But the jetta seems too pricy for what it offers.
I think the interiors are fine but the colour is not. In a large segment automobile, same colour interiors result in a perception of reduction of space. When one is paying big bucks, a split colour interior (black and beige) adds to the feeling of space and one doesn't feel that he is paying too much for a "small space".
Old 6th January 2012, 10:59   #28
BHPian

There are 2 cars/ MUVs under wraps in the Camaro pictures. Any idea what they are and when they will be showcased?
Old 6th January 2012, 11:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Chevy is rocking!
How come the BelAir is registered in Delhi?
Did they import it as used car?
Old 6th January 2012, 11:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sorry GTO, you are a bit wrong on the Cruze part of your display.

The Cruze is coming with a 163 bhp engine, with no enhancements like the Rockford Fosgate etc, a minor seat adjustment and electrically adjustable seats.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks