Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 08:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2012

Interestingly, if you go deep within the Sonata website, within performance, it also talks about the 2.0 CRDi, and the 2.4 l Theta petrol, delivering 150 and 175 bhp respectively. The 2.4 GDI seems to be the Accord V6 equivalent top end model. I have not seen these engines mentioned in the brochure (which is available for download) or elsewhere. Not sure whats up.

Hyundai Motor Company :: SRF
Old 6th January 2012, 08:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Okay Hyundai get your market analysis right. You cannot launch a 200 bhp petrol only model upward of 18 odd lacs in India in today's times.Look at the Honda Accord / Toyota Camry or for that matter the petrol Superb. The sonata looks brilliant and is very well loaded , i know this for sure coz i ve driven it overseas. Has the presence and is one of the hottest selling executive sedans in the Americana. But in India you need a DIESEL. Have this car sell next to a diesel car. You already have a potent diesel in the santa fe. Plonk it in and do some clever marketing and see the car fly off showroom floors.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:07   #18
BHPian

Liked all the cars new from the hyundai stable. The Hexa concept has cool alloys. The sonata resembles a bit of cruze from the side IMO. Loved the modified i10, IMO the dealer should give such modification options to the customers. The alloy on this look very good.

Thought that we would see a i20 facelift but that does not seem to be the case.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Loved the seats from the concept Hexa. Seems practical and space saver. Also, loved the fluidic designs on Verna, Elantra and Sonata. But, Hyundai should always remember, its the diesel motors that will make the sales shine. Especially loved the flowing lines on the Elantra. Hope they launch it here before the new Civic.

Plonk in the diesel, price it right and you will have a winner in the C+ and D segment too! They already have implemented that formula in C segment, and its a runaway success.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
awww...no facelift for the i20. Any info at all on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
So the fluidic i20 is still not there, yet.
According to the sales guy in Advaith Hyundai, fluidic i20, i30 may come to India only after a year.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Okay Hyundai get your market analysis right. You cannot launch a 200 bhp petrol only model upward of 18 odd lacs in India in today's times.Look at the Honda Accord / Toyota Camry or for that matter the petrol Superb. The sonata looks brilliant and is very well loaded , i know this for sure coz i ve driven it overseas. Has the presence and is one of the hottest selling executive sedans in the Americana. But in India you need a DIESEL. Have this car sell next to a diesel car. You already have a potent diesel in the santa fe. Plonk it in and do some clever marketing and see the car fly off showroom floors.
+1. It will be probably see some sales initially for the novelty factor. Diesel engine is the need of the hour in India looking at how the govt seems to be milking the people(from petrol). Also wonder why they are not saying anything about the new elantra launch? I would think it would sell better than the Sonata, if priced right, or are they still contemplating because of the relative competition in that segment. Do they have a diesel engine for the Elantra apart from the 1.6L? Well, hope they atleast give us one with decent handling and feedback from the steering or is it asking for too much.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:35   #22
BHPian

New sonata (they should have come up with some different name, not even i series) should have come with a CRDi mill from day 1 even if they had to launch it later this year. Diesel is almost like make or break nowadays and Hyundai can't take chances against the like of Skoda,VW and even Honda.

Elantra will be a runaway hit without doubt provided Hyundai doesn't mess up with the pricing strategy.
Great styling,loaded interiors,crdi mill and affordable pricing (expected) means it can be the 'verna' of C+ segment.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Impressed by those concepts! That 8 seats looks good.

Accent still alive! Lucky car to be onboard a show with its successors!
Old 6th January 2012, 09:53   #24
BHPian

Was expecting the ix35 to come to India. Seems like Hyundai doesn't have anything to say about it yet. Any idea fellas ?
Old 6th January 2012, 10:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

The sonata's center console seems to be a straight lift from the Volvos.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
New sonata (they should have come up with some different name, not even i series) should have come with a CRDi mill from day 1 even if they had to launch it later this year. Diesel is almost like make or break nowadays and Hyundai can't take chances against the like of Skoda,VW and even Honda.

Elantra will be a runaway hit without doubt provided Hyundai doesn't mess up with the pricing strategy.
Great styling,loaded interiors,crdi mill and affordable pricing (expected) means it can be the 'verna' of C+ segment.
From the Sonata India website, they do seem to have a 2 litre CRDi diesel with 150 bhp. Somehow, they arent publicising it.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:26   #27
BHPian

Elantras interiors look nice and surely will have all the necessary features concering safety and convinence and only wish it get a 2.0 litre and 150+bhp with decent suspension, as i am waiting for this car from sometime
Old 6th January 2012, 10:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hexa concept looks very good. Hope it makes it to the production and we get it sometimes in the future in India. Lovely alloys!

Sonata looks fantastic. Just one thing I noticed on the ICE of new Sonata.

Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2012-sonata_dash.jpgHyundai @ Auto Expo 2012-fiat_punto.jpg

Isn't this a steal from the Punto logo, except the arm?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 10:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Interestingly, if you go deep within the Sonata website, within performance, it also talks about the 2.0 CRDi, and the 2.4 l Theta petrol, delivering 150 and 175 bhp respectively. The 2.4 GDI seems to be the Accord V6 equivalent top end model. I have not seen these engines mentioned in the brochure (which is available for download) or elsewhere. Not sure whats up.

Hyundai Motor Company :: SRF
New Sonata i45 is coming with only one engine option viz GDI (Gasoline direct Injection:Petrol) diesel may follow. The brochure for the i45 Sonata doesn't have a diesel option in power plants. What you are mentioning is the present Sonata Transform thats mentioned in the website of Hyundai India.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2012-new-sonata-features..jpg  

Old 6th January 2012, 11:20   #30
BHPian

Apart from Hexa Space and Veloster concepts, I dont think Hyundai has brought in any thing major. i20 facelift was awaited, but that was a disappontment from Hyundai. Although I thing Suzuki has done a good show.

Most Viewed