Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 11:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Okay Hyundai get your market analysis right. You cannot launch a 200 bhp petrol only model upward of 18 odd lacs in India in today's times.Look at the Honda Accord / Toyota Camry or for that matter the petrol Superb. The sonata looks brilliant and is very well loaded , i know this for sure coz i ve driven it overseas. Has the presence and is one of the hottest selling executive sedans in the Americana. But in India you need a DIESEL. Have this car sell next to a diesel car. You already have a potent diesel in the santa fe. Plonk it in and do some clever marketing and see the car fly off showroom floors.
I disagree. I too have driven the Sonata in US and it is a brilliant car. It will sell very well, once launched in India at a reasonable INR 1.5-1.8 million level.

I speak for myself and many I know - if one can afford a INR 1.5 million+ car, one can afford to pay the price of petrol. The experience is worth it.
Old 6th January 2012, 11:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
New Sonata i45 is coming with only one engine option viz GDI (Gasoline direct Injection:Petrol) diesel may follow. The brochure for the i45 Sonata doesn't have a diesel option in power plants. What you are mentioning is the present Sonata Transform thats mentioned in the website of Hyundai India.
No dude. If you select the performance tab, and again perfromance(pics of some engines), the 3rd pic talks of a CRDi:

Hyundai's constant quest for improvement is evident from its engines. The 2.0 litre CRDi VGT engine produces 150ps of power and 32.1 kgm of torque which promises blistering performance.

And the 4th says the CRDi comes with manual and auto transmissions:

To match the high performance of its engines, Sonata offers a 5-speed manual in 2.4 VTVT Petrol, while the CRDi version has a choice of 6-speed manual or 4-speed H-Matic transmissions.

Hope they launch these first

But these are the options currently available in the Transform as well. So will it be the Sonata Transform heart in the New Sonata body?

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2012 at 14:09. Reason: Removing naked FONT tags. Please do not cut-copy-paste from other word processors / softwares
Old 6th January 2012, 11:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ allinbalance -Prove me wrong ! Which is the highest selling superb model the petrol or the diesel !Why is the accord not selling despite the hassle free ownership of a Honda ! The highest selling 3 series model is the 320d , the highest selling 5 series model the 520d. I am sure 5 series folks can buy a 530i and pay for the fuel to get that complete driving pleasure. Lets get something straight owning a car is one thing and running it another. The spectrum at which the sonata plays still gets affected by rising fuel costs. I can understand someone with a 750Li being immune to rising costs but at 15 to 25 lacs you are affected by rising fuel costs.
Old 6th January 2012, 11:53   #34
BHPian

Seems like the Hyundai India website for the Sonata isn't working. Tried several times since the launch.

Apart from that, I loved the new Elantra. I sincerely hope they launch it before they launch the Sonata because the Sonata, if only with a petrol heart will cost upwards of 18L IMO.
The Elantra on the other hand, if comes with a decent diesel motor and priced aggressively will be a huge success.

Let's wait and watch!
Old 6th January 2012, 12:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Isn't this a steal from the Punto logo, except the arm?
I think it is to do with selecting the mode of circulation, of the air conditioning.
Volvo cars is also having the same.Attaching interior pic from Volvo XC60.

Pic courtesy: Volvo cars India XC60 Gallery
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2012-wallpaper_xc60_interior_02.jpg  

Last edited by ecenandu : 6th January 2012 at 12:22.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:13   #36
BHPian

I am glad to see the new sonata and elantra design, like others mentioned they both look like siblings. i10 was looking cute in that avatar. i always feel hyundai designs are borrowed or have some design cues borrowed from the other majors
Old 6th January 2012, 12:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I think it is to do with selecting the mode of circulation, of the air conditioning.
Volvo cars is also having the same.Attaching interior pic from Volvo XC60.

Pic courtesy: Volvo cars India XC60 Gallery
Thanks for the clarification ecenandu. Probably its a standard.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ allinbalance -Prove me wrong ! Which is the highest selling superb model the petrol or the diesel !Why is the accord not selling despite the hassle free ownership of a Honda ! The highest selling 3 series model is the 320d , the highest selling 5 series model the 520d. I am sure 5 series folks can buy a 530i and pay for the fuel to get that complete driving pleasure. Lets get something straight owning a car is one thing and running it another. The spectrum at which the sonata plays still gets affected by rising fuel costs. I can understand someone with a 750Li being immune to rising costs but at 15 to 25 lacs you are affected by rising fuel costs.
I would go further and say that Diesel is the fuel of choice across the ranges for luxury cars as well! The 730ld sells way more than 740li / 750li. The 525d / 530d / 520d sells more than 523i / 530i. There is no comparison between the 320d and the 320i. Getting towards the 15-20 lac budget, any car offering a diesel is outselling petrol counterparts by a factor of 3-4 times. Its pure economics - that's why its surprising that India strategies are dictated by what these companies do globally (where prices of diesel and petrol do not differ much).
Old 6th January 2012, 12:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Seems like the Hyundai India website for the Sonata isn't working. Tried several times since the launch.
Hey, which web browser are you using? Try using IE and see if it works. I always faced the same issue with firefox.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

I have driven the new Sonata in US for over a week. (Rental) It is a modern sedan a very well designed and stylish. The performance is also very good. I feel it will do good in India like little brother Verna.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sonata sure looks interesting. If only they had launched it with the Diesel immediately, then BEWARE Superb...
Old 6th January 2012, 13:36   #42
BHPian

Somebody in Facebook hyundai i20 fanclub page informed that the 1.4 litre gamma engine will come with a manual transmission as well (for i20 facelift) How far is this information true ?
Any other changes expected apart from cosmetic job ?
VVT 1.2 Kappa anybody?
Old 6th January 2012, 14:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

The veloster looks very neat from inside. Checked it out in the US website:

Hyundai Veloster : Interior | Hyundai

Hope it makes to India
Old 6th January 2012, 19:17   #44

Thank you Rehan for great Pics and details.

The Accent looks out of place . If Hyundai wants to continue this, why not give a Diesel option and price it 1 to 2 lakh below verito.
Old 6th January 2012, 22:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The veloster looks very neat from inside. Checked it out in the US website:

Hyundai Veloster : Interior | Hyundai

Hope it makes to India
Its a good car but it surely needs a better engine. Waiting for the turbo to come up early this year. That will be sweet. The current one is lethargic, inefficient engine. It needs a 2.0T from Genesis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks