Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 19:46   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
My wife has got car sick in most of my other cars (Including Santro, Swift, Qualis etc. etc.) but never, ever in the SX4!!
I drove a Swift for about 300km then I rode in the back seat of a Swift on the return trip for 300km. The back seat is certainly more uncomfortable but I'm glad I didn't throw up.

In comparison, riding in the back seat of my 7-year old Esteem Di doesn't feel all that bad, but driving the Esteem is harder because you can't overtake in an Esteem Di like you can in a Swift. The Swift handles better and has a better headlight setup for night driving.

The Swift is more of a drivers' car while the Esteem is more of a passengers' car.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:03   #182
BHPian

Against Innova its USP would be FE & Price IMO. Sources suggest 19+ ARAI for DDIS.If priced right it surely will be success.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:13   #183

Any update on the official price yet?

Note From Team BHP Support-Team: Please avoid posting one-liners that add little or no value to the thread/forum. Thanks!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2012 at 23:37.
Old 27th January 2012, 21:43   #184
BHPian

I think this is a very interesting product and may be a game changer in that segment.
1. The rear door looks so large, is it for easy ingress for 3rd row? , If that is so then really a great job done by Maruti.
2. Second row seats are movable looking at pictures. Again a great job.
3. To top it all , FE 19 . One can't expect anything more!

This is a sure winner.
Old 27th January 2012, 22:38   #185
Senior - BHPian

MSIL has a winner in it's hands if it gets the pricing right. The national engine + space + safety features + MSIL's reliabilty & service -> Perfect ingredients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
But I am not keen on its interiors - looks made of cheap plastics which is not characteristic of most SUVs sold in India. But again, its a Maruti SUV for the masses :-).
You, my friend, need to understand the differences between an MPV/MUV and an SUV.
Old 27th January 2012, 23:14   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

You, my friend, need to understand the differences between an MPV/MUV and an SUV.
To be honest, the Ertiga isn't exactly a MPV/MUV either. It's just a large extended-hatchback/estate/station-wagon with a third-row that's nearly insignificant.
Old 28th January 2012, 09:01   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkX
I spoke to an SE in Vipul Motors Noida yesterday. According to him the bookings will open on 15th March and booking amount will be INR 10,000. The price, however, will be announced later.

Trainings will start in mid feb.

If anyone has anymore information please add.
Old 28th January 2012, 12:17   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkX View Post
Indian car scene has become very interesting, first it was XUV 500 preempting Tata's with their Aria and Storme pricing and also Force one pricing and now Chevy Enjoy has already set the ball rolling in this segment with an announcement of approx. pricing of 6 lakhs. The Enjoy looks much bigger and roomier than the Ertiga so now what Chevy has done is to put the ball in Maruti's court to come with a pricing where they can get a major chunk of the MPV market, I have a feeling Maruti has to start from 6 lakhs onwards now or risk the market share.
Old 28th January 2012, 16:27   #189
Senior - BHPian

With the Xylo (2.5 litre diesel engine) starting from around 7.5 lakhs, I am sure the diesel Ertiga with its relatively smaller 1.3 litre diesel engine and smaller cabin will have to priced by at least 75 thousand less (around 6.75 lakhs), to attract buyers.

Consequently, for the petrol version, a price just below 6 lakhs looks highly probable for the Ertiga, at least during the initial launch phase.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:54   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki To Launch Ertiga In March!

"Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the Ertiga MPV sometime in March. Will the Ertiga create volumes for Maruti Suzuki in an entirely new segment for the car maker?"

Maruti Suzuki To Launch Ertiga In March 2012 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 03:26   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
NOT taking a cramped hatch and making retaining the 'crampi-iness' while throwing in more seats. Doesn't make sense to me, honestly.
. I call this the SWIFTED ertiga. MSL had a potential winner on their hand and with some market survey done, they could have done a lot more to the vehicle than what they ended doing. I sure do hope that MSL haven't taken the junta for granted, for though they are the market leaders the others aren't too far beyond. This makes waiting for the mini Xylo all the more exciting.
Old 14th February 2012, 13:06   #192
BHPian

Suzuki Ertiga Indonesia's spec

Leaked: Specification of Suzuki Ertiga ( Indonesia) | SUZUKI FAN
thainogkok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 18:52   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
With the Xylo (2.5 litre diesel engine) starting from around 7.5 lakhs, I am sure the diesel Ertiga with its relatively smaller 1.3 litre diesel engine and smaller cabin will have to priced by at least 75 thousand less (around 6.75 lakhs), to attract buyers.

Consequently, for the petrol version, a price just below 6 lakhs looks highly probable for the Ertiga, at least during the initial launch phase.
Not sure of that, Maruti and Mahindra look at pricing differently. A Maruthi with a lesser power (meaning more mileage) and better quality + the fact that it is a maruthi can demand same and even more than a more powerful Xylo. Maruti is a accepted urban brand, while Mahindra still needs that mindshare. The Scorpio somehow did that, but still when you see a scorpio, the first thing that comes your mind is "enthusiast", which is not a majority of urban users.

Look at the swift, its cheaper than a lot of 1.2 Petrol and 1.3 D cars but still has a 8 month waiting period! Maruthi is (somehow in my view) desi Toyota and can demand bucks for a good product. Usually M places it well (Kizashi was different, so was the SX4 still!).

But you are right, its wort while a wait incase you have your mind set on a non-Innova 7 seater!
Old 15th February 2012, 13:27   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Not sure of that, Maruti and Mahindra look at pricing differently. A Maruthi with a lesser power (meaning more mileage) and better quality + the fact that it is a maruthi can demand same and even more than a more powerful Xylo. Maruti is a accepted urban brand, while Mahindra still needs that mindshare. The Scorpio somehow did that, but still when you see a scorpio, the first thing that comes your mind is "enthusiast", which is not a majority of urban users.

Look at the swift, its cheaper than a lot of 1.2 Petrol and 1.3 D cars but still has a 8 month waiting period! Maruthi is (somehow in my view) desi Toyota and can demand bucks for a good product. Usually M places it well (Kizashi was different, so was the SX4 still!).

But you are right, its wort while a wait incase you have your mind set on a non-Innova 7 seater!
Suzuki needs to be careful when pricing the Ertiga. They surely know that Ertiga will command a premium and waiting period initially. But once the other MUVs (refreshed Xylo, Chevy Enjoy, AL Stile, Nissan Evalia ) are in the market it will be a good fight. Thus Suzuki definitely cannot command a Swift (since it has NO 'proper' competition) like premium with the Ertiga.

Of course some people would still bet by Suzuki A**, etc. but do remember the other new MUVs are going to be 'proper' 7+ seaters with the Chevy Enjoy running the same 1.3 MJD. The Ertiga & the Evalia might end up being competitors for private car buyer whereas the other 3 have the potential to target the fleet segment.
Old 15th February 2012, 17:16   #195
BANNED

Source: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga brochure leaks in Indonesia

"The Indonesian market will get the 1.4-liter K Series petrol engine available only with a manual transmission."

So, don't worry about the Maruti Diesel engine shortage that will occur due to Ertiga export!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed