Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 17:42   #676
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012 - Last Row Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
[*]As for Xylo, most people comment that the last (3rd) row comfort is less than average.[/list]For each of the UVs, take a look at the rear that "extends beyond the rear wheels".
You comparing a FWD vehicle with a RWD vehicle . Invariably the Hump will be there for the last row in a RWD .

Note From Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting large posts as it may inconvenience small-screen and mobile users. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th April 2012 at 21:46.
Old 13th April 2012, 17:46   #677
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
One point i like to mention is, Ertiga will be much cheaper to maintain than Innova. With small engines like K series & India engine Multi jet for Diesel, the maintenance cost will be much less than of Innova. May be less than half Plus its a Maruti, so service will be available everywhere & parts availability will be good. So people will prefer Ertiga here.

IMO, no point in comparing it with Innova or Xylo. Both are in different segment. But Maruti will eat shares from both for sure. Also it will win more personal buyers with Lxi variant specially in tier II & III cities.

Only negative i see is loads of Taxi driver buys this car & make it a Taxi image. That may play a spoilsport with cars image as a LUV
Small engine might not perform optimally at higher speeds with the full payload of the vehicle . I can blindly tell you the tavera and the Ertiga will almost return the same mileage over 100 Km/hr

Smaller engines also get stressed with more payload .. so in a muv or a luv a bigger engine is better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Excellent Pricing! Its less than SX4 and other C2 segments cars like Vento, Verna etc. IMO it might pull customers from C2 segment as well since this car can be considered as a spacious 5 Seater with 3rd row for Kids or luggage.
It is costlier than the eeco or the maruti van ,though

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th April 2012 at 20:21. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:07   #678
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Just completed a third row ride on zxi variant. Ride was very comfortable for me. I am short at 5 feet( 152 cm). I feel three people may sit on the last bench, if they are below 5 feet tall. Ex showroom price in Cochin for the ZDI is Rs 871283 and booking amount is Rs 10000. I felt it is the best pocket friendly upgrade for my 4 year old Dzire ZDI.
Paid the booking amount as of today and waiting for delivery now.
kochicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 18:15   #679
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Its turning out to be a winner like many (including me) predicted earlier. For people/families with small to medium body frames, this will be the ideal family vehicle.

Guys who took the test drive, did you figure out where the spare tyre is located?
Old 13th April 2012, 18:57   #680
BHPian

Important observations on my visit to Maruti showroom yesterday:-
The door panels rattle if music is played at mid levels gives an indication of the behaviour on being subjected to bad terrains .
The doors and other panels feel feather light , i doubt the strength too.
Lots of taxi operators were found drooling over the opportunity , expect 50% sales coming from that segment .
Expect waiting period to be as long as swift in a fortnight as the bookings started yesterday only.
Interior looks good with the new color combination however the seat fabric quality isnt something to talk much about.
Turning radius is close to the levels of scorpio and the storme.
No park assistance in any model.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:59   #681
BHPian

Folks,

I am just back from RNS Motors, Bangalore.

What a rush!!! People flocking to get a glimpse of the Ertiga. Small business owners, couple of taxi operators and the rest of them!

I went there with a colleague with some expectations. I felt good, but couldn't help getting the feeling "Man! it could have been better!"

Initial Feedback:
  • Compact, car-like and neat-packaging.
  • Easy ingress / egress, no claustrophobic feeling (at least not at the shoulder level and above).
  • 3rd row can accommodate two 5'6" tall persons - providing just enough space and feel. Watch out for that fear factor on the top corners with very little headroom.
  • Middle row can accommodate two hefty 5'10" tall persons - providing good space, feel and comfort. 3 average sized individuals should be able to make it here too.
  • Experience at the front seems identical to the one in New Dzire.
To conclude for now, while I wouldn't say it let me down, but I have to admit that I have to lower my expectations slightly "to continue appreciating the Ertiga".

Thanks,
C_
Old 13th April 2012, 19:24   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Its turning out to be a winner like many (including me) predicted earlier. For people/families with small to medium body frames, this will be the ideal family vehicle.

Guys who took the test drive, did you figure out where the spare tyre is located?
The spare wheel is located below the floor like in Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
Important observations on my visit to Maruti showroom yesterday:-

Turning radius is close to the levels of scorpio and the storme.
No park assistance in any model.
Turning Radius close to Scorpio and Safari. I am surprised to hear this. It feels much easier to manouver and take U turns compared to a Scorpio for sure.
Old 13th April 2012, 19:25   #683
BHPian

What is this flooding of beige everywhere. Maintaining this will be a sore. Too much light color, the plastics over all feels budget, except in the dash. Size is really not MPV kinds, maybe that is why M named it LUV or something like that. Looking at the rush, a TD will be hard to get.

My take, a practical car, wearing the guise of a up market MPV.The biggest advantage is that it comes from the Maruti Stable. Might be the cheapest urban (non taxi) mass people mover.

Can maruthi get enough 1.3 DDIS engines?
Old 13th April 2012, 19:43   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Its located below the car and it is an alloy in top-end models (thankfully).
Old 13th April 2012, 20:29   #685
Team-BHP Support

Looking at the way Maruti/Suzuki has struggled to liberate space in the Ertiga (and in-spite of that, is no more spacious than the Swift for the 2nd row passengers, and the 3rd - best for kids) despite it being a good 200 mm more than 4m, I wonder how Mahindra is going to go about designing and engineering the sub-4 meter mini-Xylo that will supposedly have 3 rows of seats.
Old 13th April 2012, 21:17   #686
BANNED

Source: Ertiga gets 400 bookings on launch day from Maharashtra

"The country's largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki said its first global compact multi-purpose vehicle Ertiga has received around 400 bookings from Maharashtra on the first day of the launch."
Old 13th April 2012, 22:12   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

We will be reviewing the Ertiga officially. However, the review will only be up in the coming week. Regret the unusual delay.
Car is launched and some speculations are put to rest but many are still there. Pls try to post the review tomorrow so that we can enjoy it as many times as possible without any shortage of time.
Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 13th April 2012, 22:29   #688
BHPian

Went to Kothari maruti in Viman Nagar, Pune. There was crowd of around 20 people near the demo car. Most of them tourist car operators. Liked the car but not sure if I want to buy it now.
The 2nd row is very spacious. Difficult to get into 3rd row as the second row doesn't double fold. Also width is same as swift so 3 ppl in 2nd row will not be comfortable in long journeys.
But overall a good car thats priced well.
Old 13th April 2012, 23:23   #689
BHPian

I never expected the Ertiga to be launched too soon, neither at this price too :( I bought a Fiesta Classic last month@8.5 lacs. Ertiga would have been a perfect fit for me. Only thing though which concerns me is the comfort levels in Ertiga. Someone compared its suspension to a New Gen Swift. Personally, I have never felt any of the current Maruti models with a 'comfort' oriented suspension (Read Ritz, Swift, Dzire, SX4). And as always my heart says Ertiga just cannot compare to a INNOVA. I am waiting for a TD soon.
Old 13th April 2012, 23:35   #690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
...I wonder how Mahindra is going to go about designing and engineering the sub-4 meter mini-Xylo that will supposedly have 3 rows of seats.
I believe Mini Xylo has jump seats on the last row. That's what we have seen in the spy pics, not sure they are going to bring in a front facing seat as an option.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed