Team-BHP - Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113784-maruti-ertiga-7-seater-auto-expo-2012-a-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 2748098)
Wow, such a detailed description amalji! Hats off to your persistence of showing all the new stuff, and to your friend to agreeing to be a model :) Ertiga sure looks good on all fronts now.

Thank you, @ani_meher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 2748115)
Good job with the pictures and description

In this picture, the leg room in the 2nd row doesn't look impressive. Was the driver seat pushed all the way back?

Thank you.
Yes, the front seat was pushed all the way back for this photo.

Im driving a Innova these days & one thing apart from numerous other talents that impresses me is the ingress & egress to the vehicle. I find it extremely comfortable getting in & out of the drivers seat. While on my Corolla, I have to sit down. Now this is a question for the people who test drove Ertiga & are also accustomed to the Innova, how's the getting in & out of Ertigas front drivers seat compared to the Innova. Does one have to crouch, bend down or just walk into? I know climbing in does not apply.

that was a very nice report. really appreciate the time spent on sharing this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 2748080)
Attachment 916599
The centre arm rest of the second row is ergonomic and comfortable.

I actually hate this arm rest. tried sitting int the middle? it was pretty uncomfortable. thus reducing the middle row, for just 2 people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 2747213)
Who was the sales guy? Ashish? Can think of exchanging the Estilo that's parked in Nagpur :)

Well the SP whom i asked exchange was Mr.Abhay Kawlay. Ahh Estilo, the one move around when in town :), But they wont offer you a good exchange price for the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWD (Post 2748218)
Now this is a question for the people who test drove Ertiga & are also accustomed to the Innova, how's the getting in & out of Ertigas front drivers seat compared to the Innova. Does one have to crouch, bend down or just walk into? I know climbing in does not apply.

It is almost walk in (I mean tad less than walk in :-).

Today test drove ZDi. Although there is a surge of power near 1800-2000rpm, nevertheless at start-up, it does not feel under-powered (maybe because of I & II gear being short while 3rd being long). The vehicle is perfectly capable of lugging full load.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 2747917)
The third row has enough leg room for full sized adults but the legroom will be very congested if all the three rows are occupied.

I didn't get you on this. The third row has enough legroom or not? Because the only time the third row will be used is when the front two rows are already occupied. So the legroom there has to be judged with the other 2 rows occupied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg

I didn't get you on this. The third row has enough legroom or not? Because the only time the third row will be used is when the front two rows are already occupied. So the legroom there has to be judged with the other 2 rows occupied.

Sorry that was a typo. I meant the third row has enough 'head room' (unlike the safari) but the legroom will b seriously compromised if both rows are occupied. With the second and third row occupied, the third row occupants will have a difficult time moving their leg.

Ertiga, IMO will be at best a 5 seater, the legroom at the back is simply no-no for adults, only good for kids.

Waiting for our official review, which will clear all queries and questions, MODS- when we are getting the review of ertiga ?

Sameer

Does anyone have any idea weather the middle row can be slid back all the way after folding the last row for boot space i.e., I know that the middle row has to be slid all the way to the front for folding the last row but weather it can be slid all the way back after folding the last row.

Wow Amalji, that's some detail, great job! Hey, the model in the red shirt is doing a great job for Maruti :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by patil (Post 2748427)
Does anyone have any idea weather the middle row can be slid back all the way after folding the last row for boot space i.e., I know that the middle row has to be slid all the way to the front for folding the last row but weather it can be slid all the way back after folding the last row.

Actually it is the other way around. With the last row folded down, the middle row leg room is shortened :(
A bug, imo. Coming from a station wagon, i was hoping this could be the car. But this could be a show stopper for me. I want a small, wagon type vehicle with 5 seats with lot of space. +2 is a bonus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay0612 (Post 2748379)
It is almost walk in (I mean tad less than walk in.

That would be great, considering I lay lot of stress on this particular feature. In other words, ease of usership!

Will be going to check hands on Tomorrow. Hope the ingress/egress is higher than in the Swift/Dzire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalavoy (Post 2748442)
Actually it is the other way around. With the last row folded down, the middle row leg room is shortened :(
A bug, imo. Coming from a station wagon, i was hoping this could be the car. But this could be a show stopper for me. I want a small, wagon type vehicle with 5 seats with lot of space. +2 is a bonus.

Didn't someone mention that the third row headrests can be removed to push the 2nd row seats back and thereby liberating more space? I sure think I read that somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 2748080)
Maruti have done their very best to get the best space out of the available volume. :)

Amalji,
Thanks for the wealth of info. that you have given in a crisp pictorial review.

The only thing that was not featured in pics was the engine bay and the underbody.

Saw two Ertigas today and they looked chic.

Why does this car have 5 lug nuts unlike the 4bolts/100 PCD which MS usually follows? What PCD is it?