Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:48   #391
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Dealer margin is anywhere between 4% and 8%. So Ertiga ZDI ex showroom price comes to somewhere between 8.16 Lac and 8.47 Lac.

This is good pricing as far as I think. I had similar figure in my mind as a guesstimate.
Dealer Margin in auto industry for mass products (MS, TML, Hyundai) ranges between 1.5%-4%. 8% margin will be a boon for mass auto dealers.

You have to account for VAT which is different for each state and ranges between 12.5% (NCR) - 15%. [Could be even more in some states]. Therefore, NDP of INR 7.85 Lac will translate to approximately INR 9.09Lac (12.5% VAT) - INR 9.30Lac (15% VAT) @ 3% Dealer Margin.

Considering that the vehicle is powered by a 1.3L diesel mill from FIAT stables, this could be a potentially tricky product from Maruti Suzuki. 1.3L DDiS engine has been a national favourite in hatchback but its worthiness in sedans has been debated due to its underpowered performance which could get worse in a family wagon avatar, all with 8 seats and additional weights.

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 3rd April 2012 at 11:52.
akhilesh51 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:15   #392
BHPian

Hi all,
Went today to the showroom to see the car in flesh and IMHO the car does not look like its worth around Rs. 9.5 lacs for the top end diesel. The equippment list is very sparce and is just ok ok considering the size, equippment, space etc., etc., the only advantage being the mileage of the car. All the seats are good in respect of space and comfort. The comfort on the middle row and last row is inversely proportional to each other. The price would have been justifiable if the car had a lot more features and was a little bigger in terms of width and length. I did not click any pictures as there are many available on the net. Lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the response from people.
patil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:53   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

RNS motors Bangalore is taking bookings for the Ertiga with booking amount of 10k.

As of yesterday 20 bookings have been done.

Cheers!
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:27   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi all,
Went today to the showroom to see the car in flesh and IMHO the car does not look like its worth around Rs. 9.5 lacs for the top end diesel. The equippment list is very sparce and is just ok ok considering the size, equippment, space etc., etc., the only advantage being the mileage of the car. All the seats are good in respect of space and comfort. The comfort on the middle row and last row is inversely proportional to each other. The price would have been justifiable if the car had a lot more features and was a little bigger in terms of width and length. I did not click any pictures as there are many available on the net. Lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the response from people.
May I ask what was sparse in that equipment list for the ZDi? You make a mention about a lot more features missing for that price; mind elaborating? I don't think anything more could be offered for that price!

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 3rd April 2012 at 23:28.
Old 4th April 2012, 00:10   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the only advantage being the mileage of the car. All the seats are good in respect of space and comfort. Lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the response from people.
Thats all what people in general expect from MSIL car. I know many who drive Innova with 1-2 people on board. I am sure if priced right they dont mind buying Ertiga and save couple of lakhs . So for sure this will appeal to masses who want decently big looking car, great mileage , MSIL fame. I dont see any reason why Ertiga will fail to impress masses. Anyways lets wait for GTOs TD report. He already mentioned about it in the March Sales thread. According to me, its going to be another MSIL blockbuster

Last edited by recshenoy : 4th April 2012 at 00:12.
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 00:39   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
Went today to the showroom to see the car in flesh and IMHO the car does not look like its worth around Rs. 9.5 lacs for the top end diesel. The equippment list is very sparce
I don't think so. You can do a feature-feature comparison with the top end Innova and you still won't find any differences. Even most of the sedans in this price bracket offer same or maybe lesser features compared to Ertiga. It may not be a Luxury vehicle, but it certainly ticks all the primary good-to-have modern features. Eg.- ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Fog lamps, Rear wipers, Central Locking, Foldable mirrors, steering mounted controls, Audio with USB/Aux-In, Plenty of cup-holders. Maybe they missed an elaborate DIS and Reverse sensors. No big deal!
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 08:17   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
May I ask what was sparse in that equipment list for the ZDi? You make a mention about a lot more features missing for that price; mind elaborating? I don't think anything more could be offered for that price!
Definetely Climate Control Could have been offered which is readily available with Maruti which is available in lower segment vehicles. Auto folding mirrors also could have been offered, rear view camera or at least parking sensors could have been offered. My opinion was when I compared the Ertiga with the Xylo where in they are comparable in price. Front seats dont have an armrest, glove box cooling is a very simple feature which could have been offered.
patil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 09:02   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil
Front seats dont have an armrest, glove box cooling is a very simple feature which could have been offered.
+1... Agree 100%.
I think Maruti is saving these features for the later upgrades, anniversary edition, ipl edition, mid-life facelift et al.

However, I agree that indian manufacturers like MSIL need to take lead and create benchmark on new features... Something that Hyundai has done excellently.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:39   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definetely Climate Control Could have been offered which is readily available with Maruti which is available in lower segment vehicles. Auto folding mirrors also could have been offered, rear view camera or at least parking sensors could have been offered. My opinion was when I compared the Ertiga with the Xylo where in they are comparable in price. Front seats dont have an armrest, glove box cooling is a very simple feature which could have been offered.
Even the 16 lac Innova VX doesn't offer auto-fold mirror. I can live without it for a 10 lac vehicle because a vehicle costing 16+ doesn't offer this nor does the Innova have a cooled glove box. Even a Multi Information Display isn't offered on the 14 lac GX variant. Even the fog lamps are a paid option on the GX variant! Innova was my first choice and it is no more. Here in the Ertiga, even the mid VDi variant has double din stereo auto mirror adjust, MID, fog lamps etc whereas the mid variant of Innova has none of these.

Having said that, the XUV500 offers all that and more at a mouth watering price. But, I personally don't need a vehicle loaded to the brim with electronic gizmos because there's a higher price to pay later when the electronics need repair. MSIL has carefully chosen the right combination of safety (ABS & EBD) and features (dual AC, reclining seats, auto mirror adjuster et al) for the Ertiga.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:59   #400
Senior - BHPian

A promotional video of the Ertiga that shows the vehicle in detail. It's the Indonesian version.

swiftdiesel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 11:38   #401
BHPian

Quote:
As I observed earlier, ACC might not have been successful with the additional blower on a puny engine.

Rear parking sensors would definitely be missed. Beyond that, anybody buying a VFM 'car' like this would rather keep the cash in the bank than pay for auto-folding rear mirrors or glove box cooling - doesn't take much to fold those mirrors manually in any case. Most people on our roads dont even use the ORVMs at all - using both and behaving on the road is reserved for another utopia.

Interestingly, the dash does have a pop-out can holder right in front of the blower (passenger side), which can aid with cooling, when required.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:43   #402
AWD
BHPian

@Swiftdiesel, thanks for that video. Most of the things about the vehicle are clear now. Only need to see how much different or not does the Indian version turn out w.r.t. features. Hope ABS & sliding middle row is standard across variants(diesel).

In this category, focus/emphasis in on providing space. Feature loading is not a priority. Maybe after the basic needs are fulfilled/met, we will see addition of features.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:56   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlakhanpal View Post
As I observed earlier, ACC might not have been successful with the additional blower on a puny engine.

Rear parking sensors would definitely be missed. Beyond that, anybody buying a VFM 'car' like this would rather keep the cash in the bank than pay for auto-folding rear mirrors or glove box cooling - doesn't take much to fold those mirrors manually in any case. Most people on our roads dont even use the ORVMs at all - using both and behaving on the road is reserved for another utopia.

Interestingly, the dash does have a pop-out can holder right in front of the blower (passenger side), which can aid with cooling, when required.
I mentioned a few features that striked to my mind but my opinion was that for that price point the features offered are not sufficient and MSIL could have given more and better features. What features and what not is purely a personal opinion and choice.
patil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 13:09   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
@Swiftdiesel, thanks for that video. Most of the things about the vehicle are clear now. Only need to see how much different or not does the Indian version turn out w.r.t. features. Hope ABS & sliding middle row is standard across variants(diesel).

In this category, focus/emphasis in on providing space. Feature loading is not a priority. Maybe after the basic needs are fulfilled/met, we will see addition of features.
Everything offered in the Indonesian version will be offered here. One exception could be the absence of halogen headlamps
Old 4th April 2012, 14:23   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
...Hope ABS & sliding middle row is standard across variants(diesel).
From reports on the net, ABS is standard except for the LXi variant. Even LDi comes equipped with ABS, a first for Maruti! I believe sliding middle row also will be standard on all variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks