Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 14:32   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Everything offered in the Indonesian version will be offered here. One exception could be the absence of halogen headlamps
From the photos shown here, it does have halogen headlamps. Were you taling about the Xenon/Projector head lamps?

The pricing is the key for the Ertiga.
Old 4th April 2012, 16:32   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap

From the photos shown here, it does have halogen headlamps. Were you taling about the Xenon/Projector head lamps?

The pricing is the key for the Ertiga.
Yes you're correct. They come with halogen lamps standard. There were some pictures with projector lamps but they are actually an artist's impression and not the original.
Old 4th April 2012, 16:42   #408
BHPian

The Ertiga not only people carrier from Suzuki because they plans another car with same size.

Scoop:Suzuki plans long wheel base Solio with 3 row of seat | SUZUKI FAN
Old 4th April 2012, 16:44   #409
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

All comparisons in the uploaded video are with Toyota Avanza. wondering why Toyota has not lauched the Avanza in india. It will be good even if they do it in response to Ertiga.
Old 4th April 2012, 17:51   #410
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Everything offered in the Indonesian version will be offered here
That's indeed a good move, why differentiate between markets & that to important ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
ABS is standard except for the LXi variant. Even LDi comes equipped with ABS, a first for Maruti! I believe sliding middle row also will be standard on all variants.
If its going to be so, I could well narrow down on Ldi or Vdi. Earlier I was thinking about Zdi because of the above 2 features. ABS on base is a lesson for Toyota to follow suit on Innova.
Old 4th April 2012, 19:11   #411
BHPian

Was going through the March Sales figure thread, it seems Maruti has already billed close to 1100 Ertiga's to its dealers. I think by now it should be available at all dealer yards. Everyone interested in this vehicle can have a first hand look at the vehicle now itself, why wait till 12th April. The price also for the top end model is already known, it will be close to 9 lakhs.
Old 5th April 2012, 11:05   #412
BANNED

Source: Maruti to launch Ertiga in Goa on the 12th April, details+images | Goa On Wheels

Test drive vehicles are ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-marutiertigafront2.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-marutiertigarear.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-marutiertigarear3.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 5th April 2012 at 11:10.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 11:05   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I think by now it should be available at all dealer yards. Everyone interested in this vehicle can have a first hand look at the vehicle now itself, why wait till 12th April.
For the folks in Ahmedabad, examples have started popping up in the stock yards. I saw one inside the trailor at the Kiran Motors yard last week (Sarkhej-Sanand road just before the first round about. Opp Concept Motors service station), and saw another in the Kataria Motors yard at SG Highway in the morning. Kataria's (opp Adani CNG pump near Sarkhej) would be the most convenient since it is not out in the fields, next to the highway and clean. I did not get a TD but could scope it out without any fuss - after asking the guy in charge of yard operations.
Old 5th April 2012, 11:07   #414
BANNED

Ertiga website The All New Ertiga - Coming Soon says:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-ert.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 11:08   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
The Ertiga not only people carrier from Suzuki because they plans another car with same size.

Scoop:Suzuki plans long wheel base Solio with 3 row of seat | SUZUKI FAN
Ertiga might still be preferred for the looks. It will be tough for MS to slot the Solio between Ertiga, SX4. If they want to fill the void between SX and Kizashi/GV, they would have to stuff it with gizmos like Hyundai does on its high end cars.
Old 5th April 2012, 21:06   #416
BHPian

Quote:
A promotional video of the Ertiga that shows the vehicle in detail. It's the Indonesian version.
Looks like Suzuki has removed this video from public viewing. They might probably want to keep the surprise quotient till launch. IMHO, this video actually will favor the sales interest among prospects as it beautifully covers the vehicle.

I googled but still couldn't find any other link. Any luck anybody in finding this video elsewhere?

Last edited by Eddy : 5th April 2012 at 23:30. Reason: Pls do not quote a video. Hampers readability for our mobile users. Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 22:50   #417
BHPian

IMHO the vehicle will outsell any muv (even a combination of bestsellers).Until last month my family was looking for an used innova, to our disappointment we found many of which have 6 figures on the odo and still demanding close to ten lakhs(nothing comes cheap).I would be surprised if there isn't at least a marginal decrease in the resale value of innova.Anyone would be happy if you are getting a brand new vehicle at that same price(not sure how the ertiga works out on a highway) .If all the finances work out well hope a travel in a vdi in the coming days.
Old 5th April 2012, 23:01   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
All comparisons in the uploaded video are with Toyota Avanza. wondering why Toyota has not lauched the Avanza in india. It will be good even if they do it in response to Ertiga.
Main reason would be, Toyota did not find it worthwhile to re-engineer Avanza to fit in a diesel engine. Even if Ertiga is a runaway success, Toyota will take its own sweet time to bring Avanza. Until then, Ertiga will have no competition. Considering this, will MSIL price it wisely, and less than SX4? I don't think so.
Old 6th April 2012, 12:09   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Main reason would be, Toyota did not find it worthwhile to re-engineer Avanza to fit in a diesel engine. Even if Ertiga is a runaway success, Toyota will take its own sweet time to bring Avanza. Until then, Ertiga will have no competition. Considering this, will MSIL price it wisely, and less than SX4? I don't think so.
I thought the launch of Chevy Enjoy or what ever the Chevy MUV is being called is slated for Q3 this year. If that is truly the case, Maruti doesn't have a free run for long.

+1 to pricing point. I keep wondering too why SX4 figures as a point of reference in pricing discussions. It is a car that doesn't sell and is a different proposition all together in terms of category. People probably don't even remember it as an option when they decide to buy a car in that segment. I'm not sure Maruti is going to worry much about SX4 sales getting killed. It isn't doing very well anyways based on the March Sales figures thread by GTO. So that definitely works well in Maruti's favour when pricing Ertiga.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 6th April 2012 at 12:11.
Old 6th April 2012, 17:52   #420
BHPian

Team-BHP featured on the Ertiga Website in the 'Ertiga in News (Online Section)- this very thread.

Ertiga
yogeshnagpal is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks