Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 18:19   #421
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Team-BHP featured on the Ertiga Website in the 'Ertiga in News (Online Section)- this very thread.

Ertiga
Good find Yogesh. The link to this thread is posted on web site and is named "Maruti Ertiga Review by Team BHP Forum". It opens up on Page 23.

They call this discussion as a "Review". Imagine what MSIL would feel if they get to read TBHP's world class official test drive.
Old 6th April 2012, 19:29   #422
Senior - BHPian

The official review is on its way as per the update on the car sales thread. Maruti may update their article post the official review to point to the appropriate thread but they are pretty confident of the forum giving this car a thumbs up. From the looks of it, they may be right!
Old 6th April 2012, 22:47   #423
BHPian

I'm a bit surprised by the fact that Maruti hasn't considered the 1.3DDIS powerplant for the EECO.

If it gets this workhorse in EECO, its sure to set the sales charts on fire I guess.

Maruti - are you listening.

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Old 6th April 2012, 22:50   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised by the fact that Maruti hasn't considered the 1.3DDIS powerplant for the EECO.
1.3 DDiS would be tad expensive for EECO
How about Beats 3 cylinder diesel engine in EECO?

Maruti please "LISTEN"
Old 6th April 2012, 23:09   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Maruti please "LISTEN"
Silverado - I've just shot out an e-mail to MUL (contact@maruti.co.in), citing feedback to introduce Diesel powerplants in Gypsy and EECO

No harm sending feedback

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Old 7th April 2012, 12:00   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
The official review is on its way as per the update on the car sales thread. Maruti may update their article post the official review to point to the appropriate thread but they are pretty confident of the forum giving this car a thumbs up. From the looks of it, they may be right!
Just read the below posts from Renuka Kriplani on Facebook.

"Watch the Maruti Ertiga review on the Autocarshow @ Sat:8AM,11PM,Sun:8.30AM,1.30PM,5PM,10PM these times on Bloombergutv."

"Will be on Autocar website in an hr"

I assume tbhp review should also be up soon. Waiting to watch this review.

Regards,
Old 7th April 2012, 12:17   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

"Watch the Maruti Ertiga review on the Autocarshow @ Sat:8AM,11PM,Sun:8.30AM,1.30PM,5PM,10PM these times on Bloombergutv."

"Will be on Autocar website in an hr"
Here you go -

SmartCat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 12:51   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Here you go -
That's a pretty good review covering most of the aspects. The USP according to them is the ride quality, hmm the least that i had expected. But lot of practicality inside. The middle row is probably the best place to be in.
Old 7th April 2012, 13:08   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Here you go -
Thats a detail review. Really impressed with the seating and the ride quality seems to be pretty decent too.

Hope the pricing is right and tbhp mods pls bring up the tbhp review soon. Cant wait to TD the Ertiga as soon as its available in the Showrooms.

I did see a white one last night with "DEMO CAR" stickers on it. So i think soon after its launch on 12th in Goa, it will be avaible for TD.

Regards
Old 7th April 2012, 14:03   #430
BHPian

Quote:
I did see a white one last night with "DEMO CAR" stickers on it.
@Harshal: Kiran and Kataria both have demo cars ZXi and ZDi - personally seen in both their stockyards. Obviously Kataria is easily reachable - opp Adani CNG on SG Highway (towards Sarkhej).

The sales folks are tight lipped on any info, though.
Old 7th April 2012, 14:05   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlakhanpal View Post
@Harshal: Kiran and Kataria both have demo cars ZXi and ZDi - personally seen in both their stockyards. Obviously Kataria is easily reachable - opp Adani CNG on SG Highway (towards Sarkhej).

The sales folks are tight lipped on any info, though.
Ya, i have seen Kataria Stock Yard on SG.

Are they allowing ppl to see the cars? I am really keen on having a dekho on one of these.
Old 7th April 2012, 14:10   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Are they allowing ppl to see the cars? I am really keen on having a dekho on one of these.
Yes, pretty much. They watchman will ask you to talk to the yard in charge and he will allow you too see, not drive. I checked it out Tuesday morning.

Quite liked the way the limited boot space is managed - popup storage below floor level, jack neatly tucked on the side (in a box).

One observation - Don't think Ertiga can be "gassed" - CNG or LPG, unless one removes the third row and uses it purely as a station wagon. There is no space for the respective tanks otherwise, and that would limit *Xi sales further.

Last edited by rlakhanpal : 7th April 2012 at 14:23. Reason: Added observation on the gas mods
Old 7th April 2012, 18:36   #433
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review. I'm very impressed with the report on ride quality and the reclining middle row is a very neat touch, which is extremely comfortable on long journeys. And with the expectation of a competitive price tag from maruti, this is really a serious contender. I wasnt too keen on this when they originally showcased it in auto expo, but now my opinion about it has totally changed.
Old 7th April 2012, 22:30   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Maruti may update their article post the official review to point to the appropriate thread but they are pretty confident of the forum giving this car a thumbs up. From the looks of it, they may be right!
True...and I expect Maruti to link team-bhp's official Ertiga review under the heading "Highly acclaimed Ertiga gets a highly acclaimed review". I too get the feeling that Ertiga will get a favourable review.

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised by the fact that Maruti hasn't considered the 1.3DDIS powerplant for the EECO. If it gets this workhorse in EECO, its sure to set the sales charts on fire I guess.
This was the first thought that came to my mind when the Eeco was launched. Over here in Goa, the Eeco does sell in decent numbers, but I was surprised when many tourist taxi drivers are staying away from the Eeco. "Why is that so, when the Eeco is cheap and so convenient to carry loads of luggage," I asked them. "Eeco has bad mileage (FE)," was their frequent reply.

The 1.3DDIS could easily have made the Eeco more successful and popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Right now, the Eeco is price at about Rs 3.75 lakh. Adding Rs 80,000 for the 1.3 DDIS would still make it very attractive at about Rs 4.5L

Quote:
Really impressed with the seating and the ride quality seems to be pretty decent too.

Hope the pricing is right and tbhp mods pls bring up the tbhp review soon. Cant wait to TD the Ertiga as soon as its available in the Showrooms.

I did see a white one last night with "DEMO CAR" stickers on it. So i think soon after its launch on 12th in Goa, it will be avaible for TD.
For all the goodies that Ertiga promises, its success will eventually depend on one factor -- price tag. Price it high and I suspect the Ertiga will bomb. Price it right and it will be a blast!

I've seen quite a few Ertigas at the Sai Service stockyard here at Porvorim-Goa, with some sporting HR number plates.

I sincerely hope the Ertiga succeeds in India, mainly because I appreciate Maruti for its bold and innovative decision in opening up a new market of a seven-seater car for the masses who, otherwise, cannot afford the pricier Innova.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 23:10   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas

True...and I expect Maruti to link team-bhp's official Ertiga review under the heading "Highly acclaimed Ertiga gets a highly acclaimed review". I too get the feeling that Ertiga will get a favourable review....

For all the goodies that Ertiga promises, its success will eventually depend on one factor -- price tag....
I think one important aspect not adequately covered in the autocar review is cooling efficacy of the AC. With the puny engine and huge internal space to cool, the AC performance is bound to get compromised. One thing I would really want to see adequately covered in Team BHP review is the performance of AC in sweltering Indian summer. If this is supported with some comparative numbers (compressor capacity, BTU, time to cool etc), nothing like it.

I suggest that gurus (GTO & Bros) park the car under direct sunlight during lunch time (45 mins or more) and, after they have had a good lunch measure time-to-cool or time-to-comfort with a gauge (person) in the last seat.

This would be the 'one factor', apart from price tag which would eventually script the story for Ertiga (IMHO).

Another factor, of course, is performance with 7 adults onboard. Again something I'd like to see Team BHP cover in detail during their review.

In a nutshell, apprehensions around small engine need to be adequately addressed in any good review, and the autocar review fails on that account.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks