Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 08:58   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Yes! Because Fiat Powertrain and Fiat Automobile are two separate bodies. So, technically, when Fiat plonked the 1.3 for the Punto, the tuning was done by Fiat India and not by Fiat Powertrain Technologies. That's why the Swift's tuning is way better than the Punto.
Tuning was done by Fiat India and not Fiat PT Group!? Interesting thought, care to explain more on this please
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 09:31   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I managed a short ride about a km in Ertiga Oil Burner.
I felt Ertiga is no match for Innova .
Ertiga is not publicised as a competitor to Innova. MS has created a new segment and that is where it is positioned at.
Innova will still continue to rule where long distance rides carrying 7 would be needed.
Ertiga's success now would depend on the pricing only.

Cheers!
Old 9th April 2012, 09:40   #453
BHPian

The reviews on TV were showering praises on Ertiga! I must say, it is certainly good looking and seemed to have a car like driveability! That said, it is not a fair comparison to Innova since Innova is clearly a segment above.

However with the kind of Cult following Maruti has in India (Due to service & ease of maintenance), I predict the Ertiga to cut into Toyota sales for sure(Innova will continue to dominate but will face some heat). I doubt if the average car buyer will go for a detailed comparison. His only questions would be
- 7 Ppl can sit right? ok
- Cost of purchase? Definetely lesser
- Cost of Running (Mielage)? WOW
- Maruti?

Lets wait and watch the fight now!
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 09:45   #454
BANNED

Ertiga looks so much like a Baby Innova. Goos to see a smaller SUV now being launched. I doubt whether it will make much of a dent in the Innova sales, but should as calimed by Maruti pioneer a new segment. Only how good or bad is it in handling our potholes with sometime bits of road in between.
Old 9th April 2012, 10:49   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
- 7 Ppl can sit right? ok
- Cost of purchase? Definetely lesser
- Cost of Running (Mielage)? WOW
- Maruti?
The Maruti Versa ticked all these boxes too, but look what happened to it.

Sometimes, when a car looks great on paper, it simply doesn't translate it into volumes and success. The Ertiga might just go into Maruti's 'underrated' portfolio.

How brilliant a car it really is, is something we need time to assess.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 10:56   #456
BHPian

I am still very sceptical about this 7 people seating claim!! haven't seen the car with my own eyes yet, but given the dimensions, I am not too keen to try out the last row of seats. If the XUV rear seats have legroom issues, the Ertiga is bound to have space crunch.
How well the car will hold if its 7 seater status is questioned needs to be explored.
Old 9th April 2012, 10:59   #457
MCR
BHPian

Launch on 12.04.2012.

I had a look at this car on Friday. The car was a demo car and was doing rounds inside Mysore city for publicity. The car looks like a grown up Ritz. However the third row is seriously for 2 kids. Looks more like jump seats! The middle row is cramped too, if the front seats are pushed all the way back. The front two seats are the place to be in this car. With 5 adults and 2 kids , there is not enough space in this car for the luggage. The interior part quality is quiet decent, as well as the build quality.
The engine noise on the diesel variant is quiet pronounced. No TD was allowed.

The price of the Zdi variant is around 9.5 Lakhs OTR Mysore. Bookings are underway and the waiting time is expected to be around 3 months.

Defenitely not in the Innova territory.

Last edited by MCR : 9th April 2012 at 11:00.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 11:15   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Friends,

The Ertiga Website updates are in progress... some pictures and phrases uploaded!!!

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-home.jpg

LUV? Is that Luxury Utility Vehicle?
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-luv.jpg

LUV the looks from this angle!!!
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-front_3_q.jpg

2 days to go!!!

Thanks,
C_
Old 9th April 2012, 11:32   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Also I think Maruti should seriously consider providing a 60:40 rear seat split for better space management.
If u r speaking of the third row i think it should be 50-50 split right? But yeah, maruti could have concentrated on the comfort factor rather than trying to cram 7 ppl inside the cabin. A second row with individual captain seats (as in the innova 7 seater) and a third row with 50-50 split would have been ideal and would have made this car a premium buy - only for those who look for comfortable rear seats! At least i hope someone from the competition comes up with one such car and uses a stronger body, and not tin/sheet metal! - That shud be an ideal comfortable highway-cruiser!

I mean how many hatches or sedans are out there with individual rear seats offering decent reclining and sliding with thigh support without rubbing shoulders with ur co-passenger? NONE!

As someone mentioned above rightly - if u r looking for a genuine 7 seater ertiga is not for u - coz maybe the engine cudn't lug u or the suspension cudn't bear the load etc etc.

I still don't buy the argument that a 1.3 diesel is gud enough to carry 7 ppl and luggage - if so the innovas wudn't have come with those 2ltr+ engines, they wud have made use of the etios' diesel engine itself. But alas the USP of maruti is to attract the masses - and the masses wud love to cram 10 ppl in a hatchback if it's possible - no matter the suspension, no matter the load on the engine - as long as it's maruti and as long as the FE figures are good!!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th April 2012 at 23:33. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
paliontile is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th April 2012, 12:06   #460
Senior - BHPian

The autocar review speaks quite high about the second row seats even going on to say luxury saloon rivaling leg room. So I think the second row would be a good place to be in. I think we dont need to worry about the engines carrying 7 people plus luggage. It is nt designed for that, you wont even have space for luggage with seven people on board. What iy can do at best is i suppose carry 5 people in decent comfort (Or 4 people in great comfort) and lots of luggage/two kids.Anything more than that would be asking for too much. I suppose Maruti themselves are not calling this a MUV/MPV for that particular reason along with other points like car like driveability etc.
Old 9th April 2012, 12:54   #461
Team-BHP Support

Comparing Innova and Ertiga is like comparing Corolla Altis with Swift Dzire. The comparison happens just because both are 7-seater MPVs, and also due to the fact that it’s an untapped segment in our market.
I am expecting other manufacturers to follow with an avalanche of MPV launches in the Ertiga segment (Avanza maybe an option from Toyota).

I had a thread opened sometime last year, talking about why compact MPVs are not finding its way to the Indian market ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rket-mpvs.html).
Guess the answer starts with the Ertiga
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 13:08   #462
BHPian

Ertiga is truly Maruti’s first made-for-India car. Maruti Suzuki is finally rolling out a car that has been designed in Japan, but "specifically for India" Suzuki has built a car with the Indian design demands, for the Indian body-type and with Indian sensibilities in mind. Its earlier successes like the M800, Alto, Swift, WagonR, and Ritz have all been global models which were modified to suit Indian conditions, but this time, the car needed to be designed rather than modified for India since it is intended to be "mainly marketed in India."

Fitted with the 1.3-litre diesel and 1.4-litre K series petrol engines, the Ertiga wants to occupy the segment between the multi-utility vehicles and the family sedans. It will be more compact than the average MUV, more manoeuverable and fuel efficient than the bigger and bulkier SUVs but will provide more seat flexibility and space than a sedan. Maruti is marketing it as a 'life utility vehicle' or LUV.

Source: The Economic Times
Old 9th April 2012, 13:37   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Maruti Versa ticked all these boxes too, but look what happened to it.

Sometimes, when a car looks great on paper, it simply doesn't translate it into volumes and success. The Ertiga might just go into Maruti's 'underrated' portfolio.

How brilliant a car it really is, is something we need time to assess.
Hey Suhas,

Has Team-BHP been invited for a review of the Ertiga? Is a comprehensive review in the assembly line already? If yes, by when can we expect the review to go live?

I ask this because, Maruti hadn't invited Team-BHP for the review of the new Swift . If my memory serves me right, a fellow member shared his car for the review to the Mod team.

Regards,
Abhi
Old 9th April 2012, 14:19   #464
Senior - BHPian

Saw the new Ertiga at SK wheels, Navi Mumbai in the standard white and red graphics test drive vehicle colors. The vehicle looks very attractive and it had alloys which means it was the top variant. Interior space looked very good indeed till the second row. The third is strictly for kids.
Old 9th April 2012, 14:40   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
...The price of the Zdi variant is around 9.5 Lakhs OTR Mysore. Bookings are underway and the waiting time is expected to be around 3 months.
May I ask for the source of your pricing info? Some one had posted an invoice of Ertiga to dealers and going by that, Ertiga ZDi would be in the range of 9L ex showroom! Add to it 14% tax in Karnataka + insurance, the car will not be 9.5L OTR. In fact I assume the OTR of ZDi to be close to 11L in Karnataka [based on the invoice pricing]

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
...If yes, by when can we expect the review to go live?

I ask this because, Maruti hadn't invited Team-BHP for the review of the new Swift .
Though the question was shot to a mod, my points.

1. GTO has already pointed in one of the threads that the review will come soon.

2. Another mod, in one of the threads, stated that official reviews will be published in tandem with the official car launch. So I expect the review to be published on 12 Mar 2012.

3. Though team-bhp was NOT invited for the new Swift launch, mods were invited for the "new Dzire" launch which happened after Swift's launch!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th April 2012 at 14:42.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks