Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 13:24   #541
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

My response to the pricing is lukewarm. Think of it this way : What do you get over the Swift? An extra row of seats. That's it. The price difference for that 3rd row of seats is 2 lakh rupees! Not like the 3rd row is exceptionally spacious either.

Yes, the 2nd row does have more space than the Swift (with the seats pushed back) so you have to consider how much that is worth to you. While the Ertiga does have more powerful engines, the Swift is lighter. Thus, expect performance to be similar (or the Swift to be quicker still).
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 13:32   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Yes, the 2nd row does have more space than the Swift (with the seats pushed back) so you have to consider how much that is worth to you. While the Ertiga does have more powerful engines, the Swift is lighter. Thus, expect performance to be similar (or the Swift to be quicker still).
Agreeing you on the argument comparing with swift.

However, If we look at this from the other side of the price band. Ertiga is cheaper than SX4, which is having the same engine. Ertiga doesn't have Automatic climate control, but it has more flexible seating arrangement.
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 13:34   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Pricing! Its less than SX4 and other C2 segments cars like Vento, Verna etc. IMO it might pull customers from C2 segment as well since this car can be considered as a spacious 5 Seater with 3rd row for Kids or luggage.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:36   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Absolutely Killer Pricing. The larger gap between Petrol and Diesel I guess is to promote Petrol, since most people are nowadays rushing for Diesel. Also the Lxi to Ldi gap is larger since I am ssuming there is no abs in Lxi while ABS is standard in diesel variants. ABS in petrol starts from VXi. I may be wrong though.
Not to promote petrol but to earn more profits on Diesel. Maruti knows, whatever is the pricing people will prefer Diesel more over Petrol. So they want to make cash out of it.

1.41 difference is too much i guess. They should have kept it to 1 Lac only. In other cars difference is around or less than 1 lac like Dzire. Surely Maruti is cheating customers here. They will make lot of money for sure on Diesel.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:43   #545
BHPian

What pricing !!

Think of it this way , although the taxi market will not be taken by storm but the private car market will surely accept the ertiga !

You get a car that is small enough to tackle city traffic and yet can provide for on long journeys while carrying 7 in decent comfort and amazing efficiency . Also the maruti badge adds to the peace of mind .

Infact we were in the market for just such a car and boy do I see this one coming home soon .

Well done maruti , you certainly have another winner.

Eagerly waiting for the team-bhp review .
Old 12th April 2012, 13:43   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
My response to the pricing is lukewarm. Think of it this way : What do you get over the Swift? An extra row of seats. That's it. The price difference for that 3rd row of seats is 2 lakh rupees! Not like the 3rd row is exceptionally spacious either.
Agree with GTO. Even I was not expecting this high a price considering everything else remain the same as swift; only a bench is added along with 1.2 feet of space. What you lose is the drivability and performance of swift... The trade off shouldn't cost 2 lac.

Another reason is 'economies of scale' and 'parts bin sharing'. Maruti could have easily priced it more lucratively.

In my opinion VDi is the version to go since you pay a lac extra over swift ZDi (which is ok and it comes with ABS.

Overall very nice package and tough to beat.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:44   #547
BHPian

^^aniketi: As someone said, the difference is higher in base model because the diesel has ABS as standard, while the petrol doesn't. We will need to see the official spec list to confirm this though.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:45   #548
BHPian

Being a petrol head, i feel the pricing is right for Petrol to Diesel cars! At least gives a reason for people to buy petrol. If i were about to buy a diesel, i would rawther buy a petrol, keep the 1.4 lakhs in a separate account only for my fuel cost (i will also add my monthly incremental diesel cost to it). I have a feeling it will average out. I will also not wait for 3-4 months for my car to get delivered.

Alas! then again i am day dreaming! Siggnnn i know only Diesel will sell here in India
Old 12th April 2012, 13:48   #549
Senior - BHPian

If features are same for the P & D models, why the diff between LXi, VXi & ZXi is more than LDi, VDi & ZDi. I guess they have already made ZDi costly by 50 K, so ZDi would go very close to Xylo E8 & Innova. So they have reduced the diff little bit. Though i liked the pricing, Diesel is costly unnecessarily. MSIL should have kept it little lower. Its costly by at least 50 K.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:48   #550
BHPian

Quote:

IMHO it is not always the number of seats but as a whole package. The versatility, the space, the prestige(subjective). You are getting twin ac but losing climate control. BTW Dzire zdi is 7.10 ex showroom as compared to 8.45 of ertiga, so the difference is more or less 1.35 lakhs and I think its genuine. Anyways what is the need of the hour is your comprehensive review, so that people like me can go ahead for booking. Please post it at earliest.
Thanks and drive safe.

Note from Support - Please use the edit button within 30 mins of creating the first post to add more information. Read this and this (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP) before submitting any more posts. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th April 2012 at 14:06. Reason: mod note added.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:49   #551
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Now I expect a shocking low pricing for the Petrol model, considering the current non-demand for Petrol models.
IMO, Petrol at 6L - 7.5L,
Diesel at 7.5L - 9L!
At 5.89 - 7.30 for Petrol and 7.30 - 8.45 for Diesel, it is even less than my wildest dreams and prediction!

Absolutely killer pricing from Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
The price difference is 141000 ex showroom between base variants where as for top end variant difference is 115000. I am sure features will be same . is such huge price difference justified ?
That is because base LXi doesn't have ABS, where as base LDi has ABS.

Quote:
Where is the 2 lakh price difference? For Petrol, it is nearly 1.4 lakh and for Diesel, it is nearly 1.7 lakh. Other than the rear seat, for Petrol, there is a bigger 1.4L engine, and for Diesel, there is a more powerful engine. Also, there comes the extra tax.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th April 2012 at 13:51.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:55   #552
BHPian

Just my take - I wont see this as a VFM pricing. Its still a extended hatch 5 seater, with additional occasional 2 seating for adults that too for shorter drives.

Anyways - Its Maruti. Yet another success
Old 12th April 2012, 13:55   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That is because base LXi doesn't have ABS, where as base LDi has ABS.
Even if one considers that ABS kits cost 30 k ( not sure just a speculation, some body kindly correct me ), the difference in base pricing is 111000 ex showroom .
Old 12th April 2012, 13:58   #554
BHPian

Ertiga has been priced competitively!

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched at starting price of Rs 5.89 lakhs - The Economic Times
Old 12th April 2012, 14:02   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
^^aniketi: As someone said, the difference is higher in base model because the diesel has ABS as standard, while the petrol doesn't. We will need to see the official spec list to confirm this though.
That's correct.All diesel versions have ABS.

No 2nd row AC and power windows in LXI/LDI versions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed