Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 14:03   #556
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
No, It is not a CKD from Indonesia. Rather it would be other way it would exported as a CKD to Indonesia; I think mostly petrol Ertiga only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Who said its a CKD from Indonesia? It's going to Indonesia as a CKD for sale there. It's made in India.
My bad . I guess this is what happens when i listen and work at the same time .
Old 12th April 2012, 14:10   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Another reason is 'economies of scale' and 'parts bin sharing'. Maruti could have easily priced it more lucratively.
But why? It is already going to fly off the showrooms and there is no competition per se. Definitely it has got the first mover advantage and they would want to pocket huge profits! IMO, any lower pricing would have done injustice to other siblings of Maruti (or has it done already?)
Old 12th April 2012, 14:21   #558
BHPian

Surprised by the color choices that's on offer: Serene Blue / Ecru Beige / Fire Brick Red / Granite Grey / Silky Silver / Dusky Brown / Superio White.

No Black??!!
Old 12th April 2012, 14:27   #559
BHPian

When I read 5.89L (starting Ex-SRP, New Delhi), for a moment, I was wondering whether they have introduced a new model below the basic (LXi), like a JXi or something.

Competitive pricing, I must say. I wonder, what's that going to do to the bookings!!!

Most of us might feel that the Diesel variants have been priced higher.

I would look at it this way:
  • That's because we tend to compare the prices of the Diesel variants against the prices of the Petrol variants.
  • Diesel vehicles sell, Petrol ones need a push and hence Petrol variants have been priced to be more VFM.
That would make a Petrol LXi cost ~ 7.1 L and a Diesel ZDi ~ 9.8 L on road in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Ertiga prices are out. Fantastic pricing by Maruti. But they were addresses as "INTRODUCTORY PRICING"
What beats me though is that pricing seems to have been removed from the websites (Maruti Suzuki and Ertiga) now. Anyone?

Thanks,
C_
Old 12th April 2012, 14:30   #560
Team-BHP Support

One can now for surely see the sales of SX4 and entry level C segment sedans coming down.
With such practicality on offer, for sure folks would like such a vehicle in their carriage.
I can already the long queues and waiting periods!
Old 12th April 2012, 14:31   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
But why? It is already going to fly off the showrooms and there is no competition per se.
I doubt on this. In india, any car with greater than 1 ton kerb weight are mostly sold in diesel avatars. Now, these diesels models are priced with premiums here. Given the characteristics of Maruti's customer base, I am NOT seeing that rosy scenario where Ertiga's are flying off the showrooms like hot somosas. It is going to another SX4 story.

Secondly, I do agree with GTO's comment here. To me, it is a glorified version of Swift Dzire Marina.
mohandas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 14:36   #562
BHPian

Good work by MSIL. They have kept the diesel models far enough from Swift to prevent cannibalization.

To each his own but, I feel, for the only station wagon type vehicle currently in the market, this might be the right price. Off to the showroom this evening to experience in TD. Have seen it, and the package seems worth the price - the performance on-road will now decide the wait periods.

Swift DZire Marina - glorified or not, this is as close as possible to a practical family vehicle in India. It is still difficult to find a Marina or Baleno Altura in the resale market - pity Tata and MS could not sell these enough nor evolve these to be in tune with the times.

Last edited by rlakhanpal : 12th April 2012 at 14:41. Reason: Comment on Swift DZire Marina
rlakhanpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 14:36   #563
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think the diesel pricing has been spot on. Only question is what happens to SX4.
Also, they need to price petrol variants lower to move them off the yards.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 14:38   #564
BHPian

This is a typical 4X2 Vs AWD/4X4 situation. 5 seats vs 7/5+2 seats.

I think maruti has brought it's value proposition pretty close to the nose of a prospective sedan customer - with this offering. And given value a new meaning in this segment. While also hitting at the classic MPV.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:39   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My response to the pricing is lukewarm. Think of it this way : What do you get over the Swift? An extra row of seats. That's it. The price difference for that 3rd row of seats is 2 lakh rupees! Not like the 3rd row is exceptionally spacious either.
GTO with all due respect, I have a different point of view w.r.t pricing.

The DeZire Zdi costs 7.2L Ex-Showroom. Ertiga costs 8.45L. So for a difference in 1.3Ls you get
  • Better Engines (VGT at 89 bhp tune)
  • 2 Additional (albeit smaller) seats
  • Twin-ac
  • Better second row space

Sure, it may not be fantastic pricing, but its not bad either! I think its pretty decent.

Agreed it may not be sporty to drive, but it would not have been the expectation also right. This is not for a DINK couple, they would prefer Swift. Ertiga is for a family of four, who would expect occasional visitors.
SkyWalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 14:43   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My response to the pricing is lukewarm. Think of it this way : What do you get over the Swift? An extra row of seats. That's it. The price difference for that 3rd row of seats is 2 lakh rupees! Not like the 3rd row is exceptionally spacious either.

Yes, the 2nd row does have more space than the Swift (with the seats pushed back) so you have to consider how much that is worth to you. While the Ertiga does have more powerful engines, the Swift is lighter. Thus, expect performance to be similar (or the Swift to be quicker still).
I beg to disagree. Firstly,the difference between Swift Lxi and Ertiga Lxi is not 2L but close to 1.5L. (Swift Lxi - 4.44L ex Delhi - Source Cardekho.com). Secondly, Ertiga is longer than 4M which means additional excise and cost - I guess this itself takes the cost up by around 30K (So difference reduces to 1.2L).

You cannot say it is just a swift with an extra row of seats. You get a 1.4 Ltr engine which is more powerful, more space with a 3rd row of seating, flexible seating options in last and 2nd row, and a perception of a larger vehicle which is intangible and can't be measured.

Instead, I would look at it in the diesel Zdi version as cheaper than Sx4, offering the same engine, more space (passenger and Luggage with last row folded), better quality interiors. In my opinion Maruti has priced it smartly. The market will now decide the fate of the vehicle.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:48   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
GTO with all due respect, I have a different point of view w.r.t pricing.

The DeZire Zdi costs 7.2L Ex-Showroom. Ertiga costs 8.45L. So for a difference in 1.3Ls you get
  • Better Engines (VGT at 89 bhp tune)
  • 2 Additional (albeit smaller) seats
  • Twin-ac
  • Better second row space

Sure, it may not be fantastic pricing, but its not bad either! I think its pretty decent.

Agreed it may not be sporty to drive, but it would not have been the expectation also right. This is not for a DINK couple, they would prefer Swift. Ertiga is for a family of four, who would expect occasional visitors.
Another perspective,
Ertiga is just 65K higher in price if considered the excise duty of 70K between small (Dzire) and 4M+ big cars.
My view is pricing is superb and will attract lot of foot falls in showroom.

Can Anyone share the Ertiga official brochure link?
Old 12th April 2012, 14:49   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That is because base LXi doesn't have ABS, where as base LDi has ABS.
Looks like some misprinting or some other error in the ABS feature. In some of the websites, ABS is not shown in LDI and VDI. Also VXI has an optional ABS so there are basically 4 cars in petrol and 3 in diesel.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:53   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Looks like some misprinting or some other error in the ABS feature. In some of the websites, ABS is not shown in LDI and VDI. Also VXI has an optional ABS so there are basically 4 cars in petrol and 3 in diesel.
No Maruti website clearly gives ABS for all diesel versions while ABS is standard in ZXI while optional in VXI.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:56   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
No Maruti website clearly gives ABS for all diesel versions while ABS is standard in ZXI while optional in VXI.
You are right. ABS only in ZXi/ZDi.

Attaching Feature List
EXTERIORINTERIORSPACEVERSATILITYSEATINGSAFETYPERFORMANCE360 INTERIOR360 EXTERIORCOLOURSSPECIFICATION

Edit: Sorry for mistake

Last edited by oops : 12th April 2012 at 15:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks