Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 09:01   #826
BHPian

Re: Ertiga Test Drive - Also, is this the end of Tata Motors ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Happened to test drive the Ertiga today. It was the diesel Zdi. Here is my take on it :
Thanks for the early review. That too such inputs coming from an owner of two Tata vehicles (read space) is a real valuable feedback. It would have been great if you had added a few pics especially of the seating comfort of both second and third row.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th April 2012 at 09:58. Reason: Long post quote not required.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:11   #827
Senior - BHPian

I havent driven it ,but somehow wasnt impressed with the space inside ! The last row looks more of a formality . I would have been more happy if MUL had kept this as a 5 seater . It would be good if they come out with a 5 seater version as well .

Suddenly , I am starting to like the SX4 diesel . Will TD both these vehicles this Saturday .
Old 18th April 2012, 09:15   #828
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga has exceptional ride quality matched with good handling. Can seat 7 people and drive like a car.This is gonna hurt Innova big time.

I'm in LUV with this LUV.

Detailed review coming soon.

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2012 at 15:26. Reason: No short-forms please. Correcting
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 09:18   #829
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
I am only confused with dusky brown or granite grey. Wanted to see them both in flesh! Some pictures will help.
Granite grey will be dark grey. Dusky brown will also be dark shade. It is always cheaper to maintain the routine colors (white, silver) as these are easy to find for repairs. My brother had bought Swift (copper red), which was quite hard to find during repairs. Even so it never blended with the remaining car. White is easiest on wallet.
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 09:20   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
But its worthy to take ertiga. I am only confused with dusky brown or granite grey. Wanted to see them both in flesh! Some pictures will help.
I must say, you have taken a wise decision. Ertiga is surly VFM and anytime better than i20.
IMHO you should go for Granite Grey, it looks awesome.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 09:50   #831
Senior - BHPian

More than Tata i am interested in, how this launch will Impact Innova sales. Innova has had dream run for many many years and its time it faces some serous competition. Ertiga may not be a full replacement for Innova but for folks who would not mind slightly reduced space availability Ertiga will fit the bill.

As i understand Ertiga can seat 5 comfortably and 6/7 for short distances, which makes it perfect for a decent sized family. Innova will continue to outsell everyone else in the Taxi segment.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:59   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
I must say, you have taken a wise decision. Ertiga is surly VFM and anytime better than i20.
IMHO you should go for Granite Grey, it looks awesome.
Yes, my option is granite grey. But wife is inclined towards brown as she will be driving it everyday. Wanted to see dusky brown once before deciding it.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:00   #833
Senior - BHPian

IMO the car is a good buy for a large family who travels together often. Also a good choice for the car rental companies against the Innova and I am sure it will be a hit among them.

However for small families or bachelors like me, why would I spend so much on a Maruti and why would I require a 7 seater with minimal luggage space? I can get a pretty good sedan around that price with more comfort and features or a Scorpio/Safari which will at least have minimal off roading capabilities and much better road presence.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:16   #834
Senior - BHPian

@power ranger - I think before sounding Tata Motor's death knell, you need to be aware that passenger car sales form a minority of their overall sales. Unless Maruti brings in LUV trucks that are cheap, have great interiors, Fiat engines etc etc, I think it's safe to say that Tata Motor's isn't shutting down anytime soon.

EDIT: Couldn't the content of this thread be clubbed with the Ertiga Auto Expo thread given below?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2012-a-55.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 18th April 2012 at 10:25.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:35   #835
BHPian

First of all, the title is funny. Ertiga is going to put an end to TATA motors!!!!!!!!!
Ertiga indeed is a good looking car from Maruti. The review of Power ranger seems to be a bit biased.
Its a 7 seater. But from the pictures available on internet, it is evident that if 7 people are rseating, there's virtually no space for luggage. Someone correctly said here, it should have been a 5 seater with lots of luggage space.
Ertiga is in totally different league from Aria, XUV, Safari. SO they cant be compared. Innova, because of its overall quality, performance has made an impression on Indian market, which so far, no other car maker has been able to erase. And Ertiga is no exception to that.
IMO, you should definitely go ahead, sell your TATAs and buy an Ertiga.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:49   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don't think LUV is a new segment or anything like that. It looks more of a marketing term coined by Maruti. Other than that, it really is just a Compact MPV.
True but it's quite inspired, if only a little corny . I saw the car in the flesh outside the SB Road showroom and it looks quite nice. Unfortunately it was the TD vehicle painted in typical Maruti garish colours but overall I liked the look.

I really don't understand the comparisons with SX4 and now Dzire. This is not a replacement for a sedan in my opinion, but it definitely could be an alternative for people looking for an upgrade from a hatch with an option to seat 2 more and/or carry more luggage.

AC not working in surprising. Swift has a fantastic AC. In peak summers I find myself choosing the Swift over my Vento, climatronic be damned
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 11:11   #837
Senior - BHPian

I seriosly do not think Ertiga will have very little effect on Toyota or Tata. Toyota introduced the Innova Facelift anticipating the Ertiga. It may affect the sale of other existing Maruti vehicles. Peaple who may consider Swift or Dezire for family use, will be forced to take a look at Ertiga. Tata may not be able to increase its market share, but sure will continue to maintain its current market share as more and more cabbies switch to TM cars. Also some point TM will introduce a competing product. Venture was a good attempt, but not able to make the expected impact, Things would have been different if it was based on Manza instead of ACE, i guess.
Curious, What is the ground clearance of Ertiga? How does it perform on our rural roads?
Old 18th April 2012, 11:43   #838
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone know about the Kerb Weight of Ertiga Petrol and Diesel. The Ertiga site has information only on the Vehicle Gross Weight and not the Kerb Weight. Don't know why Maruti is shied to list this information . Or am I missing this in the site?
Old 18th April 2012, 12:08   #839
AWD
BHPian

Anyone checked the A.C. effectiveness in hot conditions? The vehicles I TD'ed did not cool the cabin effectively. Either the large glass area or smaller compressor for a big vehicle could be responsible.
Old 18th April 2012, 12:53   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Can anyone know about the Kerb Weight of Ertiga Petrol and Diesel. The Ertiga site has information only on the Vehicle Gross Weight and not the Kerb Weight. Don't know why Maruti is shied to list this information . Or am I missing this in the site?
I too tried a lot to find the kerb weight but seems like it is not mentioned anywhere. Only the gross weight of 1760/1845 kgs is mentioned everywhere. I think the kerb weight will be approximately same as the SX4 or the likes which is around 1250 kgs for a diesel version.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks