Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 22:49   #856
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What about road tax for this segment cars. Is it similar to a private car, in Kerala, in which case it would be 10% of value for cars costing above Rs 5Lacs. or would it be like the eight seater vehicles and payable quarterly or yearly.
2012 Kerala road tax slabs are like below:

<5L = 6%
5L-10L = 8%
10L-15L = 10%
>15L = 12% or 15% [not sure about this]

Ertiga is a 7 seater, so I believe the life tax policy @ 8% is applicable. Do we still have the quarterly payment system for 8 seaters?
Old 18th April 2012, 23:02   #857
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see Ertiga first time while on run. It was a just delivered White Ertiga parked roadside besides fuel station (must be filling after the delivery). It looked nice and cute externally, however, seemed pretty tiny as such and for a moment thought if it was Ritz. But then realized it was Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
Those four vents for the rear seats of Ertiga are NOT just blowers , a separate cooling coil can be clearly seen when you look at them from the front side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes it's confirmed but for pictorial confirmation you will have to wait a little longer. There is a condenser and cooling coil.
Are you sure it has a separate cooling coil and condenser in this fitmet? I sincerely doubt it, got to check out personally. It is much like Safari's factory-fitted blower in middle and the after-market blower fitments like Sanden (and I feel it is mostly Sanden inside it) ONLY. I also have one retro-fitted in my Innova, a separate thread exists for those needing clarification on how it is. The only difference seems to be here Ertiga has encapsulated that blower in style and makes it look neat. IMO, it is not possible to have any condenser or cooling coil in there. At best it has heavier, powerful and more no (at most 2) of motors in it to blow the air. The way it works is, the condenser flow is channeled to this blower from the condenser in the bonnet, and this blower sucks in the hotter air from the front side (you should see vents in the front side), cools this air with the inflow from the condenser and blows it towards the rear seats. Nothing more. If there was another condenser, you should see condensation and dripping of water etc from this.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 07:22   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2012 Kerala road tax slabs are like below:
5L-10L = 8%
Ertiga is a 7 seater, so I believe the life tax policy @ 8% is applicable. Do we still have the quarterly payment system for 8 seaters?
You are right, it is 10% for above 10L upto 15L and above 15 L - 15%
Yes there is the quarterly system for 8 seaters, even for the Omni E.

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th April 2012 at 07:26.
Old 19th April 2012, 09:18   #859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

I have no idea what this quarterly payment system means. Can you please clarify? Does it apply to privately owned innovas too? Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 10:57   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
I too tried a lot to find the kerb weight but seems like it is not mentioned anywhere. Only the gross weight of 1760/1845 kgs is mentioned everywhere. I think the kerb weight will be approximately same as the SX4 or the likes which is around 1250 kgs for a diesel version.
The kerb weight is 1160kg and1235kg for Petrol and Diesel respectively.
Source Autocar India http://www.autocarindia.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I have no idea what this quarterly payment system means. Can you please clarify? Does it apply to privately owned innovas too? Thanks
See excerpts from MVD Kerala website on Taxation.
One time tax will be levied on some type of Non Transport Vehicles for a period of 15 years at the time of Registration of those vehicles. In other kind of vehicles tax shall be paid for a period of one year if the annual tax does not exceed Rs.1500/- otherwise it shall be paid for a period of three months.

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th April 2012 at 11:11.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 12:33   #861
BANNED

Source: Maruti Suzuki says over 11,000 Ertiga MPVs booked in 5 days - CNBC-TV18 -

"Maruti Suzuki seems to have hit all the right notes with its multi-purpose vehicle Ertiga it launched earlier this month. In just five days since launch, more than 11,000 units of the Ertiga, which the company calls life utility vehicle (LUV) have been booked, says Shashank Srivastava, chief general manager - marketing."
Old 19th April 2012, 12:37   #862
Senior - BHPian

GTO, where is the review? We are waiting for it for a week now. Please publish it soon. Eager to see the T-BHP report. It will make sure how the car is for most of the people
Old 19th April 2012, 12:42   #863
BHPian

We guys had a tbhp meet on last saturday and decided to checkout the Ertiga.
We were all unanimous on the opinion that the car looked good, composed and suited a family of 4 +.
However all of were finding it difficult to swallow that it could be a 7/8 seater with the last bench leg room it had.

I am 6'1 and I could l never fit unless I am the only one in the last row. The car is not wide enough as well.

I was seriously considering this as my next car but I think I will have to pass. I feel this car is suited for a family comprising of parent + 2 kids +
caretaker for the kids + luggage.

Sadly my requirement was for 7 full adults. :(

Good to know that the car is selling anyways. maruti has hit the right note with many customers.
Old 19th April 2012, 12:53   #864
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the ertiga in person and I would say I'm pleasantly surprised! Maruti has managed to squeeze in 3 rows of usable seats!
The fronts seats feel a little upright, a bit high actually, compared to the swift.
The middle row is the most disappointing. It lacks thigh support and does not feel very comfortable. The third row is decent even for 5"9" adult, not just for short distances. Most third row seats are very uncomfortable. If any of you remember the ford endeavour, even 5 years old kids cannot sit in the third row, its that bad!
And innova, xylo should not be compared to the ertiga at all. They are proper huge MUVs, which are typically not self driven. On the other hand the ertiga is to be looked at as a car which has flexible seating options.
What also surprised me is that all the diesel variants have ABS as standard! The VDI costs about 9.8 lakhs OTR bangalore and at this price this is sheer bang for your buck!
Old 19th April 2012, 12:58   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
We guys had a tbhp meet on last saturday and decided to checkout the Ertiga.
Were the photos posted by Romeomidhun and Amalji taken then?
Old 19th April 2012, 13:03   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: 10,000 Ertiga MPV bookings in 5 Days: That’s Brand Maruti Suzuki for you! | IndianCarsBikes.in

"Maruti Suzuki already garnering 10,000 bookings in just 5 days of this all-new product’s launch in the Indian car market."
Reading the article at the above mentioned link, I noticed this:

"...the third row gets a 50:50 seat split, which means that the some amount of boot space can be liberated even while carrying 6 passengers."

What's this about the 3rd row split? Never heard or saw this. At least, I don't remember seeing this in the display vehicle (Ertiga) last week!"

Anyone?

Thanks,
C_
Old 19th April 2012, 13:23   #867
BANNED

Source: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga verus Toyota Innova diesel variant comparison | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Is the fully loaded Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDI priced at Rs.8.50 lakh a better MPV than the similarly priced Toyota Innova E that costs Rs. 9.14 lakh?

"The Ertiga has an edge over the Innova in terms of drivability as well as handling."

"Innova is more spacious than the Ertiga but the Ertiga feels a bit more comfortable than the Innova."

"While the Ertiga has good front looks, the Innova stands out with its elegant rear design, so it’s a tie in the looks department."

"The Ertiga ZDI gets ABS and dual front airbags that are not offered in the Innova E variant. Similarly, the Ertiga ZDi comes with power adjustable outside mirrors with turn indicators, integrated audio system features USB and aux-in and steering mounted audio controls and rear roof-mounted AC blower with independent controls for rear seat passengers. These features are not offered in the Innova E variant as it comes with minimal features such as power steering with tilt adjust and manual AC. Therefore, features-wise, the Ertiga ZDI simply wins over the Innova E hands down."

Their verdict:

"The Ertiga ZDI has an edge over the Innova E in terms of price, driveability, handling, safety & comfort features as well as mileage. Hence, if the rear seat space is not a major factor in your buying decision, the Ertiga ZDI is definitely a better package than the Innova E."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
What's this about the 3rd row split? Never heard or saw this. At least, I don't remember seeing this in the display vehicle (Ertiga) last week!"
No third row split for Ertiga. Some usual blunders, as usual!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-ertigainteriorthirdrowseat.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th April 2012 at 13:34.
Old 19th April 2012, 13:57   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

The ODMAG video review is out as well, comes with some statistical info from Maruti as well!

swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 14:56   #869
Senior - BHPian

Those of us who have at times wished our hatches/sedans could accomodate 1-2 persons more, would LUV the new possibility provided by the Ertiga. Ofcourse, we would love to have the Innova, but it is too big for most of the other times when there are only 1-2 people in the car and costs atleast 50% more. The Xylo is just plain ugly and also too big.

Me and a colleage have been waiting for this car to launch. He was planning to upgrade from his Alto, looked up the new Swift, liked it, booked ZDi, but cancelled due to the many month long waiting list. Then looked up the new Dzire, hated it - he liked the practicality of the old Dzire & did not care about the looks.

So, he goes to checkout the Ertiga and then calls me to say it was a huge disappointment - mainly in terms of 3rd row seating and boot space. Reason was he had used an Innova for couple months and his benchmark was the Innova, which ofcourse would be hard for the Ertiga to meet. So, if you are looking for Innova-like space in something that costs 50% lesser, IMO it would be a wrong expectation.

I am yet to see the car - will check it out this weekend. Though after reading through 57 pages of this thread, I am confused - some say 3rd row is decent, others say it is crap. Anyway, my guess is this should be good enough for people of average height and ofcourse kids, which is good enough for us, given that we are of average height/build.

An unknown for me is the FE of the petrol version since the 1.4 K-series is a new one in India, with no info available. With the kerb-weight being around that of SX4 and engine-displacement lesser by 200cc, hopefully 12kmpl city should be possible... Our running is quite low and the petrol ZXi would be an awesome buy for around 8L OTR-Kerala, but with petrol prices increasing by the day and no plans to price diesel at par, confused about which would be a better bet. A trip to Kodai last weekend in the Baleno needed around 5K worth of petrol (~70 litres for 1150kms, of which ~100kms were ghat roads) - on an equivalent diesel, the damage would have been only close to half that amount. But then how many long-distance trips do we do, is to be pondered.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 16:17   #870
BHPian

I am in LUV literally :-). [Got delivery of Ertiga ZXi today.]. I confirm that evaporator coil routes through rear AC arrangement.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks