Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 16:21   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
I am in LUV literally :-). [Got delivery of Ertiga ZXi today.]. I confirm that evaporator coil routes through rear AC arrangement.
You already got delivery of the car? I thought they were only just being booked!

Well Congratulations! Please do post some pictures of your vehicle and also give us a review. Preferably in a new thread

Also since yours is a petrol, could you also please comment on the performance of the car when fully loaded?
VeluM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 16:30   #872
BHPian

Quote:
I am in LUV literally :-). [Got delivery of Ertiga ZXi today.]. I confirm that evaporator coil routes through rear AC arrangement.
Hey Congratulations. Probably the first Ertiga on the forum. Time to start the ownership thread.

Good to know that the rear vent has an evaporator coil, so far I was contemplating on an LDI, this info makes me move to the VDI.
asdfvinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 16:34   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Great to know you got the delivery so soon. Lucky You. Which colour? Please post a detailed review along with pictures. I have booked a Zdi last week, but no clue of the delivery date as yet
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 16:34   #874
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Ertiga yesterday. One thing that I saw was the head room for 2nd and third row. Since the car is not that tall, it feels tight in that aspect.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:37   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Saw the Ertiga yesterday. One thing that I saw was the head room for 2nd and third row. Since the car is not that tall, it feels tight in that aspect.
You are right. For tall people the head room is an issue in the last row. Middle row head room is not an issue though.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:46   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Great to know you got the delivery so soon. Lucky You. Which colour? Please post a detailed review along with pictures. I have booked a Zdi last week, but no clue of the delivery date as yet
I will try to do as soon as possible Color is white. See below:
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-20120419-14.54.53.jpg

Also there is a small Foot Rest near clutch pedal. A first from Maruti??
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-20120419-14.52.01.jpg
ajay0612 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 16:56   #877
BHPian

Just finished the TD. I had high expectations after reading all the points here. But was very disappointed when looking at the power & pick-up. Even in the 2nd gear it lacked the power which the hatchbacks have. I had actually gone to book ZDi variant, now I'm having 2nd thoughts. Also the 3rd row can only accommodate two kids & again no space for any luggage for your long journeys.

Overall I feel it's a good choice for big family mainly looking at a car for city driving. Pls. don't expect this to satisfy your long vacation needs.

Regards,
Old 19th April 2012, 18:14   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga verus Toyota Innova diesel variant comparison | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Their verdict:

"The Ertiga ZDI has an edge over the Innova E in terms of price, driveability, handling, safety & comfort features as well as mileage. Hence, if the rear seat space is not a major factor in your buying decision, the Ertiga ZDI is definitely a better package than the Innova E."

No third row split for Ertiga. Some usual blunders, as usual!
So, Toyota just needs to launch an Etios 'marina', with an optional 3rd row seat model with split seats. Suddenly, you have a wider, more spacious competitor to Ertiga in a similar price range and carring the Totoya badge. Requires far less engineering and new/additional parts. So, could be done at low cost. If toyota also uses the opportunity to spruce up etios interiors, that'll be a big plus.

Will be a great fight, with us buyers benefitting the most! Do we need to start an online petition to wake up Toyota?
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 18:52   #879
Senior - BHPian

I like the idea of the Etios Marina. But then, it would only hurt its big brother Innova the most. And that wouldnt be good for Toyota as I think Toyota makes a pretty fat packet on each Innova that is sold here. Just look at Innnova's price!!!
Old 19th April 2012, 19:02   #880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
...Good to know that the rear vent has an evaporator coil, so far I was contemplating on an LDI, this info makes me move to the VDI.
Please do check with the guys on retrofitting the 2nd row A/C [and related cost] in L variants. I guess that's possible and for people who want to have it, should make sense from a budget perspective as well.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 19:12   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612
Also there is a small Foot Rest near clutch pedal. A first from Maruti??
Nope. The Baleno has a foot-rest for the left leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42
So, Toyota just needs to launch an Etios 'marina', with an optional 3rd row seat model with split seats. Suddenly, you have a wider, more spacious competitor to Ertiga in a similar price range and carring the Totoya badge.
I doubt it would be the same thing. An Etios-marina would just be the same as an Altura or a Weekend or Marina - a station-wagon ie you have loads of space at the rear for luggage and maybe your dogs, but it wont be tall enough to put 3rd row seats. For it to be like an Ertiga or Innova, the donor model needs to be a tall-boy like the Ritz/Swift was for Ertiga. An i10-tiga anyone ?
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 19:42   #882
Senior - BHPian

Seeing all this and thinking about Innova's price rises beyond reach of many, seems that Toyota now has a case to bring in Avanza to India soon. Or did Toyota did some deliberation in exactly the same direction and raised Innova to more premium levels and created a slab for Avanza in near future in anticipation of Ertiga launch? Seems like it to me. I guess Avanza would rightly fit in these price tags and a true competitor in this space. But Ertiga is surely looking cute, need to see its practicality as being a UV. Waiting for TBHP review eagerly.
Old 19th April 2012, 20:17   #883
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The ODMAG video review is out as well, comes with some statistical info from Maruti as well!
This is hilarious. Why is Sirish saying the car they tested has an after market body kit. I don't see any body kit anywhere!!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th April 2012 at 20:25.
Old 19th April 2012, 20:51   #884
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
did Toyota did some deliberation in exactly the same direction and raised Innova to more premium levels and created a slab for Avanza in near future in anticipation of Ertiga launch?
Yes, otherwise, why did they stopped the lower G variant production? Clearly paving way for Avanza.
Old 19th April 2012, 21:15   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is hilarious. Why is Sirish saying the car they tested has an after market body kit. I don't see any body kit anywhere!!
Infact there are couple of more mistakes in the video if you notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Yes, otherwise, why did they stopped the lower G variant production? Clearly paving way for Avanza.
Doesn't make sense to me! We are yet to see any test modules of Avanza which means, it will take anything between 6 months to 1 year for Toyota to launch it. Also Toyota said that 2012 will be used to strengthen Etios brand and there will NOT be any product launch this year. On top of it, by removing G variant, they made sure the car is NOT available for a further set of people with a tight budget. It would have made sense to me if they had retained the G variant at-least till the Avanza launch was confirmed or test production began.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed