Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 21:42   #886
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please do check with the guys on retrofitting the 2nd row A/C [and related cost] in L variants. I guess that's possible and for people who want to have it, should make sense from a budget perspective as well.
Not on budget, so would prefer VDI for the factory finish and peace of mind. Originally shortlisted LDI as all we needed was AC, PS and ABS. Only plan was to get a basic ICE and security system.
Old 19th April 2012, 21:51   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Not on budget, so would prefer VDI for the factory finish and peace of mind. Originally shortlisted LDI as all we needed was AC, PS and ABS. Only plan was to get a basic ICE and security system.
I was NOT suggesting you for a retrofit. That was a general enquiry statement and meant to say that "people who are on a limited budget might do this and still can save the extra cash for VDi".
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 22:05   #888
BANNED

Quote:
We are yet to see any test modules of Avanza which means, it will take anything between 6 months to 1 year for Toyota to launch it.
Toyota doesn't need to test Avanza extensively here, as it is not a new product for them. It is an old product available in other countries like Indonesia.

Quote:
It would have made sense to me if they had retained the G variant at-least till the Avanza launch was confirmed or test production began.
They may want to convince people that Innova is a luxury product compared to Ertiga and both are not in the same segment! And they may not like to have any comparison between similar-priced Innova and Ertiga!
Old 19th April 2012, 22:43   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Also since yours is a petrol, could you also please comment on the performance of the car when fully loaded?
Well. Did a semi-load test (4Adults + 4 kids). The car did not feel under-powered and was raring to go. In fact both (petrol and diesel) the vehicles have adequate lugging ability on highways. So don't sweat over the nitty gritty too much unless you have six 6-footers in the family.

A group having 2 or more kids (below 14 years) need not worry at all. Basically if you have 2-3 persons in the group having height less than equal to 5'6" then you will have a comfortable ride to the horizon.

The gear shift is of short and sure slotting throws and is effortless. You never feel that you are driving anything other than a Swift or Dezire unless you look over your shoulders.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 19th April 2012 at 22:44.
ajay0612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 11:20   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Yes, otherwise, why did they stopped the lower G variant production? Clearly paving way for Avanza.
I checked the Innova website, could see the Spec / Price Listing for G Variants BS4. Could you post some links for reference about the G variants being removed from production?

Thanks,
C_
Old 20th April 2012, 12:02   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Well. Did a semi-load test (4Adults + 4 kids). The car did not feel under-powered and was raring to go. In fact both (petrol and diesel) the vehicles have adequate lugging ability on highways. So don't sweat over the nitty gritty too much unless you have six 6-footers in the family.

A group having 2 or more kids (below 14 years) need not worry at all. Basically if you have 2-3 persons in the group having height less than equal to 5'6" then you will have a comfortable ride to the horizon.

The gear shift is of short and sure slotting throws and is effortless. You never feel that you are driving anything other than a Swift or Dezire unless you look over your shoulders.
Exactly that was my point during my test drive. I did with moderately built adults and it pulls along fine. Also, I see that some people are cribbing about the leg room in third row. I dont understand given that if the middle row is adjusted for a person of my height 5' 7" the third row is also good enough for a person of 5' 7". I do not know of any other vehicle having more room in the third row barring Xylo and maybe Force one !! I have travelled extensively in Aria and Innova and I can safely say that Ertiga matches them in third row with middle row properly adjusted. The only edge Innova and Aria have is in the middle row. But again at 6 lacs more
power ranger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 12:19   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
I checked the Innova website, could see the Spec / Price Listing for G Variants BS4. Could you post some links for reference about the G variants being removed from production?

Thanks,
C_
Not sure, but I think they were talking about the lower specced G variants. The new Innova G has ABS and features of the top G variant of before.

Please correct me if I am wrong
Old 20th April 2012, 12:28   #893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
Refer: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ut-toyota.html

Not sure about the info though.
Old 20th April 2012, 13:30   #894
BHPian

I know most of the people ask "Kitna deti he" but that has already been answered. My question is "Kitna bhagti he" ie what are the top speeds of both Diesel and petrol.
Old 20th April 2012, 15:03   #895
BANNED

This image clearly shows the amount of space in all the 3 rows - sufficient, I must say.

Had Maruti designed Ertiga's rear more perpendicular than current slanted design, they could have generated more interior space, but at the expense of style factor, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-ertiga03860x374.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 20th April 2012 at 15:14.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 16:12   #896
BHPian

Though I have not seen Ertiga in flesh till date, but as per the pic in above thread, 3rd row leg space seems to be at par with Wagon R 2nd row. Can somebody who has experienced both cars confirm?
Old 20th April 2012, 16:24   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This image clearly shows the amount of space in all the 3 rows - sufficient, I must say.

Had Maruti designed Ertiga's rear more perpendicular than current slanted design, they could have generated more interior space, but at the expense of style factor, IMO.
Had the third row been slant adjustable with splits, at least on higher variants, slightly more normal luggage space would be generated. Add to this, think of two separate second row captain seats adding more on the comfort front, simply great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I know most of the people ask "Kitna deti he" but that has already been answered. My question is "Kitna bhagti he" ie what are the top speeds of both Diesel and petrol.
It would be more interesting to know about the top achievable speed, head to head with the Innova. and Xylo.

The just launched Grande II, nee Sumo will find the Ertigo too hot to handle.

Last edited by rajeev k : 20th April 2012 at 16:31.
Old 20th April 2012, 19:03   #898
MAS
Senior - BHPian

While browsing through the Ertiga web site, i stumbled upon a goof up by Maruti Suzuki on the "Interior 360" Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-ertiga-interior.jpg

The roof mounted A/C is missing!!!
Old 20th April 2012, 20:58   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
While browsing through the Ertiga web site, i stumbled upon a goof up by Maruti Suzuki on the "Interior 360" Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Attachment 918072

The roof mounted A/C is missing!!!
I think roof mounted AC above the 2nd row seat, and that's why it is not appearing in this view
Old 20th April 2012, 21:05   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think roof mounted AC above the 2nd row seat, and that's why it is not appearing in this view
L does not come with 2nd/3rd row ac blower factory-fitted which comes in V and Z only. The pic has to be correct and must be of L variant.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed