Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 21:25   #901
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
L does not come with 2nd/3rd row ac blower factory-fitted which comes in V and Z only. The pic has to be correct and must be of L variant.
If it was L variant you wouldn't see steering mounted controls, audio system or seat belt height adjuster.
Old 20th April 2012, 21:46   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
L does not come with 2nd/3rd row ac blower factory-fitted which comes in V and Z only. The pic has to be correct and must be of L variant.
But the variant seem to have steering mounted controls. Normally they pick the top variant for showcasing purpose.
Old 20th April 2012, 22:23   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
You already got delivery of the car? I thought they were only just being booked!
Well Congratulations! Please do post some pictures of your vehicle and also give us a review. Preferably in a new thread
I have just started an ownership thread. Link is below. Thanks.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2752731
Old 20th April 2012, 23:19   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If it was L variant you wouldn't see steering mounted controls, audio system or seat belt height adjuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
But the variant seem to have steering mounted controls. Normally they pick the top variant for showcasing purpose.
Agreed. But the Roof Mounted AC Blower is hard to simulate/morph unless this is complete computer imagery whereas the Audio sys and Steering mounted controls is easy to simulate in a photo/video or even fit just for photography. Also, L variant has seat belt adjusters in all 3 rows just like V and Z. So should be a L variant.
Old 20th April 2012, 23:23   #905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Agreed. But the Roof Mounted AC Blower is hard to simulate/morph unless this is complete computer imagery whereas the Audio sys and Steering mounted controls is easy to simulate in a photo/video or even fit just for photography. Also, L variant has seat belt adjusters in all 3 rows just like V and Z. So should be a L variant.
Maruti's official brochure says seat belt shoulder height adjuster only in V and Z and not in L. I doubt the brochure is wrong.
Old 20th April 2012, 23:30   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti's official brochure says seat belt shoulder height adjuster only in V and Z and not in L. I doubt the brochure is wrong.
Right. Below is what I see on their features spec which says 3-point ELR seat belts on 3 rows.

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-maruti-ertiga-features-snap.jpg
Old 21st April 2012, 00:48   #907
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Right. Below is what I see on their features spec which says 3-point ELR seat belts on 3 rows.

Attachment 918156
I am talking about the seat belt height adjusters and not the seat belts. The seat belt height can be adjusted in V and Z.
Old 21st April 2012, 06:43   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am talking about the seat belt height adjusters and not the seat belts. The seat belt height can be adjusted in V and Z.
Yup. Thats why I posted what I saw on the specs and assumed that they would mention whatever about seat belts there only. But later saw that there was separate section below for seats in which it was mentioned to be only in V and Z. Additionally, they have features of inner chrome handles, seatback pockets etc from V and Z. Its a bugger for sure.

What I think is, inspite of all these V & Z features in there, they must have used L variant for clean photography as the roof mounted blower could have obstructed the front view etc as the angle of photography is from near rooftop and fitted the higher variant features for showcasing which can easily be fitted just from photography perspective.
Old 21st April 2012, 09:58   #909
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think roof mounted AC above the 2nd row seat, and that's why it is not appearing in this view
The roof mounted A/C is just in front of the 2nd row and not above it. It is missing even when the cursor is moved all around.

Quote:
The version shown in the website is "Z" and not a "L" or a "V".

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-ertiga-specs.jpg

The steering mounted audio controls are only available on the Z, which also has the 2nd row, roof mounted A/C.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:24   #910
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to take a look at the Ertiga. One thing struck me.
If one has to fold the 3rd row flat , say to carry lots of luggage etc, then the middle row has to be pulled forward a fair bit - thus reducing 2nd row legroom a fair bit. Tall passengers in the 2nd row will then have a problem.
The problem is exacerbated further because of the fact that the 3rd row is not split-fold.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 10:36   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
If one has to fold the 3rd row flat , say to carry lots of luggage etc, then the middle row has to be pulled forward a fair bit - thus reducing 2nd row legroom a fair bit. Tall passengers in the 2nd row will then have a problem.
The problem is exacerbated further because of the fact that the 3rd row is not split-fold.
This is what I have been saying from day one.

And I am surprised by some posts which say that the legroom in first & second row is as good as Xylo & Innova, which is not true.

I sat in the middle row with the 3rd row folded, the legroom was equivalent to a Swift Dzire. Now why to keep the 3rd row folded? I would say why to keep the 3rd row open when nobody is sitting there. Atleast with the seats folded, we get some boot space.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:36   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
That fair bit is 100mm. That means middle row can still be slid back by 120mm which is enough to give you class leading leg space (considering that legs can extend under the front seats too). Further if you remove the head rests before folding III row, then the seats can be reclined too! So don't worry :-).
I guess third row was not made split fold to provide rigidity to thin back-rest and also for the ease of folding down/ pulling up. It is always better to avoid a minor convenience for the sake of major reliability.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 21st April 2012 at 10:38.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:45   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
I guess third row was not made split fold to provide rigidity to thin back-rest and also for the ease of folding down/ pulling up. It is always better to avoid a minor convenience for the sake of major reliability.
I am sorry but that's some flawed logic. How does split folding seats affect the seat's rigidity? And why do a seat have to be that rigid in the first place?

You mean cars having split seats are not reliable? So many hatchbacks and sedans and even MUVs like Innova, Fortuner, etc. have unreliable seats?

Also, split seats has it's own advantages like flexibility to use one seat for a passenger & the rest of the boot can be used for luggage. That makes it an apt 6 seater (5+1) with enough luggage space.

Its simple cost cutting, nothing more than that.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 21st April 2012 at 10:46.
Old 21st April 2012, 11:03   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I am sorry but that's some flawed logic. How does split folding seats affect the seat's rigidity? And why do a seat have to be that rigid in the first place?
Ertiga is not as large as Innova or Xylo so space has to be fully optimised. That might be the reason to have thinner back rest for last row.
Quote:
You mean cars having split seats are not reliable? So many hatchbacks and sedans and even MUVs like Innova, Fortuner, etc. have unreliable seats?
They are larger and even Innova costs many more lakhs over. Ertiga is not targeted on those customers (with deep pockets).
Quote:
Also, split seats has it's own advantages like flexibility to use one seat for a passenger & the rest of the boot can be used for luggage. That makes it an apt 6 seater (5+1) with enough luggage space.
Its simple cost cutting, nothing more than that.
Hmm not so simple. It may also be optimum space utilisation without sacrificing reliability and affecting VFM quotient.
Old 21st April 2012, 12:35   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
They are larger and even Innova costs many more lakhs over. Ertiga is not targeted on those customers (with deep pockets).
Even Maruti's Base segment hatchback lineup have split seats. no question of deep pockets here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks