Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 19:38   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Gradient, as far as I know, indicates the ability of the vehicle to climb a terrain at a particular speed with a particular load.
The term Gradient is fine but what does 17% mean. Gradient is usually specified in degrees.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:10   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
The term Gradient is fine but what does 17% mean. Gradient is usually specified in degrees.
17% gradient means 17 meters increase in altitude for every 100 meters of horizontal distance travelled.
Old 11th January 2012, 11:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Can you kindly share where you got this information? I have seen Tognum engines being only used for marine transportation solutions. Unless the Nano is planning to become amphibious, I don't see this happening.

We have a dedicated thread on this subject: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...gy-coming.html

Please contribute to this thread as well, if you have some concrete information. Thanks.
I have posted the information I had, I hope it helps.
Old 11th January 2012, 13:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
17% gradient means 17 meters increase in altitude for every 100 meters of horizontal distance travelled.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:07   #50
BHPian

Excellent pictures and write up GTO. I for one was completely blown away by the TATA stall. I wonder which of these they'd launch.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I think I read that you get this option both 2WD and 4WD.

The power upgrade should have been done when they first launched it. Also, its good to know that it can indeed be remapped! The race chip kit says 156bhp and hence this proves that what they say about those extra bhp with the tuning box is true.
Hmm I cant see anything on the net of race chip kit for Aria. Could you please share a link.

Cheers
Old 11th January 2012, 17:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Hmm I cant see anything on the net of race chip kit for Aria. Could you please share a link.

Cheers

What I meant was the the 2.2 currently in Aria/Safari has tuning box which ups the power to 168bhp .

There is a thread here at TBHP about it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ari-dicor.html

Last edited by jkdas : 11th January 2012 at 17:23.
Old 12th January 2012, 08:27   #53
BHPian

A video of the new ARIA AT

Old 12th January 2012, 11:05   #54
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
A video of the new ARIA AT
Thanks Damodar,

Somehow for Large Vehicle I like the Interiors to be Black or Dark Brown or even Dark Grey but not Beige. I like Beige for smaller vehicles where the interiors could get claustropobic.

So did not like the Interiors of this Aria as much as the current Black and Plum or Full Black ones that they have right now. Of course the highlights are:

1) AT - Excellent
2) Extra Power 140>156 Bhp, torque too upto 400 - Superb
3) Captain Seats in middle row - Did not like - prefer the Bench with Arm Rest or even better dual Cab design of high end cars with a fixed midde console portion. Feel that in middle row captain seats we are wasting the place in between the two mid row seats unlike in the front where there is a centre box with storage etc. If Seperate Seats are provide in the middle row then they would be electrically adjustable, have individual screens in front headrests or elsewhere and also have remote infotainment adjustments etc in a large centre arm rest.
4) Roof Rails on top - great for looks and practicality and is required to add anything on the roof (without drilling holes in the body). - Should be across the range - don't expect roof luggage racks to be as required by self driven AT vehicles as in case of Manual x'mission driven vehicles which are likely to be used more for long distance drive (with loaded luggage and one less available seat due to a hired driver) and be driven by persons other then owners. In India we owners dont get an AT vehicle for our driver.
5) Chrome rings on the front fogs- It imroves the lust factor a bit and should be available on all Prestige and Pride models AT or not. LED DLR's should have come in into the front fogs - they missed that.
6) Power modes - Economy sport etc. (multiple maps in the ECU) and hill decent etc controls are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What I meant was the the 2.2 currently in Aria/Safari has tuning box which ups the power to 168bhp .

There is a thread here at TBHP about it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ari-dicor.html
RaceDynamics has a box for the Aria that ups power and has a remote for 4 modes to be selected remotely - Rs. 20,000.

I plan to get one for myself when they get stocks into Mumbai.

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th January 2012 at 00:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 13:57   #55
BHPian

Any clue if Tata is going to introduce the exhibited 1.05L, 65hp DICOR on the production version of project Dolphin?
Old 12th January 2012, 14:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Any clue if Tata is going to introduce the exhibited 1.05L, 65hp DICOR on the production version of project Dolphin?
Is the project Dolphin still being persued? What could be the timeline for launch?
Old 13th January 2012, 19:07   #57
BHPian

any idea when is the Aria AT expected and at what price?

also the harmon audio is different from the current aria? coz it looks like the current one if I am not mistaken.
Old 13th January 2012, 20:00   #58
BHPian

Quote:
2. The Hybrid Manza looks good, but I dint quite understand the door handle, how does one pull it to open it. There is no handle to pull at all.
I'll answer # 2. As already explained there is a Proximity sensor that will pop out the Handle when it senses your hand within a set range say 2-3 cm. So Hand draws near, Sensor senses, Pops out handle, you grab the handle...u know the rest.

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2012 at 14:34. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 11th April 2012, 12:06   #59
BHPian

Tata Nano CNG Coming Soon !

India's largest automaker Tata Motors is said to be looking to ramp up the capacity of its small car Nano. It is seeing demand from tier II and tier III cities and is looking to launch a variant.

Tata Motors is gearing up for Nano CNG variant launch. CNG variant is expected to be launched by end of this fiscal. The company may not come out with Nano diesel before 2013. Nano diesel production will start by end of 2012 and will cost 30% more than the petrol variant.

Nano diesel will have twin cylinder 700 - 800 cc DICOR engine and its engine will be first used in Tata Ace. The company is also expanding network base from 130 to 300 by end of next year.

Original Source: yourmoneysite
HorsPwr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 16:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This hot-looking Xenon (save for the garish red ORVMs) wears a matt paint finish. Also has a transmission that Tata called "Automated Manual Transmission" (no further information available at this stage):
So Tata showcased an AMT Transmission even before Maruti Launched it in India with their Celerio (in 2015)? And still, Xenon XT was never available with an AT all it's life, and so many of Tata vehicles (older ones), still aren't. That's a shame!
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks