Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 12:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2012

Hi,
Thanks GTO and others for comprehensive report on TATA at auto expo 2012. I only hope that concept of Manza gets into production ,with or without hybrid. Also expected them to work really fast on Tata Nano v2 (i.e. Bosh power stearing, disk breaks and a diesel).
Old 9th January 2012, 13:08   #32
BHPian

Thanks GTO & team for a dedicated TATA thread. Great photos.

Loved the Xenon Concept photos, but missed to see the interiors picture. do you have one ?

Manza Hybrid is a killer and if put into production will be a great product.

Any idea if there a way to get the short turning radius feature of Xenon/Storme (5.4m) done onto the existing Xenon? That would be a great benefit for turning in narrow roads and hairpin bends.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutwij View Post
It has a Tognum engine.
Can you kindly share where you got this information? I have seen Tognum engines being only used for marine transportation solutions. Unless the Nano is planning to become amphibious, I don't see this happening.

We have a dedicated thread on this subject: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...gy-coming.html

Please contribute to this thread as well, if you have some concrete information. Thanks.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

The Xenon looks oh-so-sexy! Spare red ORVM's though .
Even the S2 Vista looks amazing. Only if they get this in actual production.

Noob Question: What happens of all these concept cars once the Auto Expo is over? I've always wondered this.
Old 9th January 2012, 15:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Nano CNG with a sequential gas injection kit was on display. 35 liter CNG tank is placed under the front seats, thus the boot is left untouched. Before you think "Fire & Safety!!" Tata will tell you that the car has an automatic cut-off if the system detects any leaks. It is claimed that the Nano can do up to 150 kms on a tank of CNG (over and above the petrol tank range):
Nano's petrol tank capacity is 15 litres. Claimed mileage is 25 kmpl. The range, ideally, should be 375 kilometres. Or, for practical purposes, 300 kms.

I believe the '150 km' figure for CNG tank range is a typo. Moreover, if CNG gives about 12 kmpl /litre, then the 35 litres should take the Nano upto 420 km.
Old 9th January 2012, 17:51   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
I believe the '150 km' figure for CNG tank range is a typo. Moreover, if CNG gives about 12 kmpl /litre, then the 35 litres should take the Nano upto 420 km.
No typo. Remember, CNG efficiency is calculated in kms / kg (not liter). IIRC, at 200 bar pressure, the Nano's tank can take in 7 kilos of CNG. Thus, 7 kg x 20 kms = 140 kms.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 18:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lots of things to be excited about at the Tata stand. The Manza Hybrid looks great. The regular Manza ought to look like this! Ok, so the front end is Honda-esque and the rear resembles a Jag but hey, it sure as hell beats the current Manza on the looks quotient!

The 1 litre blown petrol is one for the future and so is the 6 speed tiptronic AT. Glad to know that Tata are working at full throttle behind the scenes.
Old 9th January 2012, 19:57   #38
BHPian

Tata's stall was really exciting.
The Manza Hybrid showcased that finally Tata has started designing decent looking rears. The Safari grille looked real cheap in person.
The Xenon sans the gaudy ORVMs look real good.
The plastics on Aria AT did not exude quality.
The Pixel looked great.
The Fuel Cell bus was great (claimed top speed 70kmph, Gradient 17%, don't know what that means )
Old 9th January 2012, 20:00   #39
BHPian

I was looking for the Fiat coverage and to my horror could'nt find any, i checked the TATA thread hoping to find it there and the checked all the Auto Expo 2012 threads carefully again...nothing - Am i missing something

It is sad to see that Fiat has left brilliant products like the Linea and Punto at the mercy of their step mother when other car makers who have made a recent entry ( VW, Nissan, Renault etc ) are doing everything to capture a market share and cement their position.

When going through the Fiat Caffe experience http://www.fiatcaffe.in I wonder if Fiat is looking to bringing in some substance by way of serious re-entry efforts or will continue to just flaunt its style.

The other day I was drooling about the Punto to my friend and he stopped me and said dont think about buying Fiat, poor resale value and the A** is a nightmare - one of his friends is waiting for more than 4 weeks to get a fender painted.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No typo. Remember, CNG efficiency is calculated in kms / kg (not liter). IIRC, at 200 bar pressure, the Nano's tank can take in 7 kilos of CNG. Thus, 7 kg x 20 kms = 140 kms.
What is the kilo to litre ratio for both CNG and LPG?
Old 10th January 2012, 16:33   #41
BHPian

Tata Motors also had a Truck Simulator where-in one could get the feeling of driving an actual truck. Had a go at it, but found the going tough since I had never driven a truck ever before. This was something surely different.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2012-auto-expo-12-039.jpg  

Old 10th January 2012, 16:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Two question from my side on the product:
1. Did they open the doors of the Pixel this time properly, I vaguely remember that during the first time they showcased the Pixel it required manual intervention to open the doors of the Pixel?
2. The Hybrid Manza looks good, but I dint quite understand the door handle, how does one pull it to open it. There is no handle to pull at all.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:41   #43

Quote:
The Tata Pixel! Link to dedicated thread:
Attachment 867194

Attachment 867195

Attachment 867196

Attachment 867197

The Nano CNG with a sequential gas injection kit was on display. 35 liter CNG tank is placed under the front seats, thus the boot is left untouched. Before you think "Fire & Safety!!" Tata will tell you that the car has an automatic cut-off if the system detects any leaks. It is claimed that the Nano can do up to 150 kms on a tank of CNG (over and above the petrol tank range):
Attachment 867198
Nano with a CNG kit and boot left untouched Truly Innovative!
Old 10th January 2012, 16:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
The Fuel Cell bus was great (claimed top speed 70kmph, Gradient 17%, don't know what that means )
Gradient, as far as I know, indicates the ability of the vehicle to climb a terrain at a particular speed with a particular load.
Old 10th January 2012, 18:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

The Xenon was looking simply amazing in that lovely color.. Matt Black.. The Red was not full red but a shade towards Pink.. Looked nice in real.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2012-image_044.jpg

Like the Tata Manza Ad this Japanese actually checking up Tata Nano.. "Is it really made in India.."

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2012-image_036.jpg
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2012-image_037.jpg
Ym-enjn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks